What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non-eels footy stuff

Delboy

First Grade
The team I am involved with at U15 played at the all weather surface in the Ponds today. This is a home ground for St Pats in the Penrith district, but to be honest I don't think it is suitable at all. It's synthetic grass on a compound base, looks great, no maintenance and weather proof.

Every player came off with grazes and bruises , 2 players hit the ground so hard it was felt at the sideline and they came off Ne didn't return.Apparently it cost $6 million and will be around for a while, but the big forwards really get smashed up as they hit the deck. We asked a couple of the big U14s to back up as its still rep time and a number of players short. Basically they said no interest in playing another game on that surface.

Need to keep that surface out of general use, as it will kill the game as no give in the surface and not suitable for probably any ages over 11/12.

First experience at that ground and playing surface, don't know if there are any similar elsewhere in the state.

Noise

Coach
The team I am involved with at U15 played at the all weather surface in the Ponds today. This is a home ground for St Pats in the Penrith district, but to be honest I don't think it is suitable at all. It's synthetic grass on a compound base, looks great, no maintenance and weather proof.

Every player came off with grazes and bruises , 2 players hit the ground so hard it was felt at the sideline and they came off Ne didn't return.Apparently it cost $6 million and will be around for a while, but the big forwards really get smashed up as they hit the deck. We asked a couple of the big U14s to back up as its still rep time and a number of players short. Basically they said no interest in playing another game on that surface.

Need to keep that surface out of general use, as it will kill the game as no give in the surface and not suitable for probably any ages over 11/12.

First experience at that ground and playing surface, don't know if there are any similar elsewhere in the state.

Having played touch footy on synthetic grass (and a pretty good quality one) I have to agree. I got a few ‘burns’ like I had never received before when I hit the deck. Still scarred up months later. I can only imagine how bad it would be playing league on them.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Having played touch footy on synthetic grass (and a pretty good quality one) I have to agree. I got a few ‘burns’ like I had never received before when I hit the deck. Still scarred up months later. I can only imagine how bad it would be playing league on them.
That’s actually scabies mate

Gronk

Staff member
$1M per year Nathan Cleary has the full control of the team in 2020. No pressure.
coffee.gif

The Panthers have confirmed veteran playmaker James Maloney will depart the club at the end of the 2019 NRL season.
The 33-year-old will be granted a release from the final year of his Panthers contract to take up a lucrative Super League opportunity.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...e/news-story/9a24727498be96fac497a5f6d81a38a0

Gronk

Staff member
Robbie Farrah ...
palm

"I wouldn't want to hear from JT anyway,'' Farah told The Sydney Morning Herald when asked if he expected a congratulatory call for reaching 300.

"At the time I was told by him and 'Rocket' Reddy I'd finish my career in reserve grade. But I'm here now - 'JT' is coaching reserve grade [at North Sydney].''

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/robbie...s-tigers/a2a72571-7ff7-462e-b762-51d1162669df

But former St George and Test legend Reddy has now fired back, posting on social media:

“Well we were right he went to Souths and played reserve grade and that Wests Tigers team at the moment is a reserve grade team with 4/5 nrl players in it and Farah is not 1 of them.

“Most selfish player I have ever been involved with while either playing the game or coaching bar none.”

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/nrl-ro...n-taylor/bb9709ba-ee5b-4dde-86f8-42f85f728c0e

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Robbie Farrah ...
palm

"I wouldn't want to hear from JT anyway,'' Farah told The Sydney Morning Herald when asked if he expected a congratulatory call for reaching 300.

"At the time I was told by him and 'Rocket' Reddy I'd finish my career in reserve grade. But I'm here now - 'JT' is coaching reserve grade [at North Sydney].''

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/robbie...s-tigers/a2a72571-7ff7-462e-b762-51d1162669df

But former St George and Test legend Reddy has now fired back, posting on social media:

“Well we were right he went to Souths and played reserve grade and that Wests Tigers team at the moment is a reserve grade team with 4/5 nrl players in it and Farah is not 1 of them.

“Most selfish player I have ever been involved with while either playing the game or coaching bar none.”

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/nrl-ro...n-taylor/bb9709ba-ee5b-4dde-86f8-42f85f728c0e
LOL!! Reddy in a massive TKO.

Latest posts