What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Only Test: Ireland v England July 24-27 2019

Storm13

Juniors
My knowledge on how being eligible for a nation works, but wouldn't there be plenty of English cricketers with Irish heritage that could play for Ireland, or is there no incentive to play for Ireland where you most likely make more money in the county game?

Storm13

Juniors
1-26. Rankin takes the first wicket. Irish bowlers are beating the bat, but this time by just a little too much.

Pommy

Coach
My knowledge on how being eligible for a nation works, but wouldn't there be plenty of English cricketers with Irish heritage that could play for Ireland, or is there no incentive to play for Ireland where you most likely make more money in the county game?

I know Archer had to live in the UK for 4 years as he moved at 18 under ICC rules before he could play for England despite being a British citizen at birth.
I doubt many English players are playing pro in Ireland.

TheParraboy

Staff member
I know Archer had to live in the UK for 4 years as he moved at 18 under ICC rules before he could play for England despite being a British citizen at birth.
I doubt many English players are playing pro in Ireland.

Luckily the poms changed the residency rule at the last minute and allowed him to fast track to play for the poms at the WC. Add that to the tie result and "victory" with the boundary rule, planets certainly aligned. Archer bowled better and better as the cup went on

Should be seriously considered for some of the ashes tests

Pommy

Coach
Luckily the poms changed the residency rule at the last minute and allowed him to fast track to play for the poms at the WC. Add that to the tie result and "victory" with the boundary rule, planets certainly aligned. Archer bowled better and better as the cup went on

Should be seriously considered for some of the ashes tests

Changed the rule to be inline with what the ICC says.
It was in excess previously.

Pommy

Coach
My son listened to a Beatles song...he's qualified for English cricket now.

England changed a rule to the governing bodies standard to allow a British citizen to play. England are cheating and Steve Smith is the most honest person ever.