What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MLB Thread

T-Boon

Coach
The yankees had a win today at home against someone.
Thats what I love about MLB, team plays every day (pretty much) so get over yesterdays result. Long season full of great sport.

Timbo

Staff member
Longtime casual baseball fan here - getting to my first ever MLB game in the states in July when the wife and I visit some friends in Vancouver. We're ducking across the border for a few days and I'll be watching the Mariners v Rangers at T-Mobile park. Tickets right behind the catcher.

Also getting to class-A minor league games in Portland and Vancover. Can't wait.

T-Boon

Coach
Longtime casual baseball fan here - getting to my first ever MLB game in the states in July when the wife and I visit some friends in Vancouver. We're ducking across the border for a few days and I'll be watching the Mariners v Rangers at T-Mobile park. Tickets right behind the catcher.

Also getting to class-A minor league games in Portland and Vancover. Can't wait.

Awesome, enjoy. I've heard that is a great ball park.
If behind the catcher we might see you on TV.

T-Boon

Coach
The Yankees are getting back to full strength. Judge is back in a week or so. Now just waiting on the return of some pitching. Back into first place (4th overall) with a sweep of the Rays.

T-Boon

Coach
Judge homered today, one of 4 solo homers. 28 straight games for the Yankees with at least one home run. New MLB record.

T-Boon

Coach
I think the Yankees all time record run of games with at least one home run ended yesterday against the Mets. I'll go check. Wait up.

Timbo

Staff member
Guys I’m currently in my seat at T-Mobile Park.

It’s pretty f**king rad.

Timbo

Staff member
Nice. Dont forget to screen shot ESPNs box score for your photos.

Mariners pulled it out of nowhere and two blokes who couldn’t get it out of the diamond all season smacked HRs.

What a night. Bucket list ticked off!

T-Boon

Coach
Yankees and Twins put on a crazy game tonight.
14-12 Yankees way.
Gregorious 5 from 5 at the plate.
Yankees bullpen blew 2 saves and nearly a 3rd.

Q: Yankees batters hit 7 doubles which makes me wonder what the record is.
A: The St. Louis Cardinals have recorded the most doubles by a team in one game: they hit 13 doubles in a 17–13 win over the Chicago Cubs on July 12, 1931 (From "Wiki")

T-Boon

Coach
10-7 Yankees over Twins.
Happ on $17m/year is getting hit everywhere.
The Yankees bats are going to drag the SP rotation into the post season kicking and screaming.

T-Boon

Coach
The yankees starting pitches have had their worst cycle through the rotation in 80 years. Paxton 7 in 4 innings today, yesterday Tanaka went for about a dozen in 4 innings, Happ went for something like 8 in 3 on Thursday and CC Sabathia went for 8 in 4 the day before that.
Horrid.

T-Boon

Coach
The Yankees keep winning but it has become very clear that the Houston Astros will be big favourites for the American League penant because they have a far superior starting pitching rotation. The bats about equal each other out, but unless Severino comes back on fire and Tanaka and Paxton get their A games on then its just not going to happen.

T-Boon

Coach
It looks like it is going to be Astros v Yankees in the American League series which has been coming for a long time. Should be a great series though man the Astros look very strong.

Timbo

Staff member
Those first two games of the World Series were something.

Can’t believe the Nationals. Scraped into the wild card game and were trailing to the 8th only to snatch it, were trailing until the 8th inning of game 5 of the NLDS and won it with a grand f**king slam in extra innings, and are suddenly here, kicking the shit out of the Astros and have just curbstompted two of the best opening pitchers in the game in Houston.

Sport is funny sometimes.

snoozer

Bench
Those first two games of the World Series were something.

Can’t believe the Nationals. Scraped into the wild card game and were trailing to the 8th only to snatch it, were trailing until the 8th inning of game 5 of the NLDS and won it with a grand f**king slam in extra innings, and are suddenly here, kicking the shit out of the Astros and have just curbstompted two of the best opening pitchers in the game in Houston.

Sport is funny sometimes.
yes it is.
Astros turning it around. Loved Bregmans slam yesterday.
Verlander on wednesday. he cant throw as badly as he did game 2.
I'm not writing off the nats either - they've shown they can win.