What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gareth Widdop is back. Can St George-Illawarra still make the playoffs?

Gareth Widdop's return to the five eighth position for St George-Illawarra is a welcome boost for a side that has just seen the return of fellow English forward star James Graham.Could this be the change that will jump start the Dragons's season?

I think it will. Widdop is all class. He and Corey Norman, and the rested Ben Hunt, can carve up the opposing sides. Saints may still make the playoffs.

ReddFelon

Juniors
Despite the fact that you are the worst some times, yes Widdop is basically their best player. This year and last their decline hit the moment they lost Widdop, although this year they were worse off because of this weird 3 halfbacks set up that Mary tried.

Jean Capdouze

Juniors
Gareth Widdop's return to the five eighth position for St George-Illawarra is a welcome boost for a side that has just seen the return of fellow English forward star James Graham.Could this be the change that will jump start the Dragons's season?

I think it will. Widdop is all class. He and Corey Norman, and the rested Ben Hunt, can carve up the opposing sides. Saints may still make the playoffs.
Should the opportunity arise, do you think Gareth would make a successful transition to Rugby Union in the UK Albert?

But I do think Gareth along with sensational England Forward James Graham can resurrect the Saints season to see them make the playoffs.

kit66

Bench
Too late I think but we'll be better for the inclusion of Widdop. Our backline starting with our centres are letting our forwards down badly each week. Good to see Mary mix that up a bit this week. Hopefully we can string a few wins together and you never know - we have a very handy forward pack, anythings possible.

avocado

Juniors
If the other 15 teams get caught cheating the salary cap tomorrow and lose all their points then the Dragons may just sneak into the 8.

DeeJ

Bench
His shoulder has come out 3 times in 2 years, so I don't think he will survive another full game.

Jean Capdouze

Juniors
Should the opportunity arise, do you think Gareth would make a successful transition to Rugby Union in the UK Albert?

But I do think Gareth along with sensational England Forward James Graham can resurrect the Saints season to see them make the playoffs.
No Jean, he’s destined to finish his career at the Warrington Wolves from 2020 onwards. Even though he would be an outstanding asset to the British Lions if he was to be offered & take that opportunity.

Last edited:

SBD82

Coach

No Jean, he’s destined to finish his career at the Warrington Wolves from 2020 onwards. Even though he would be an outstanding asset to the British Lions if he was to be offered & take that opportunity.
Quoted for posterity.

RIP albert and jean.

But at the end of the day, arent we all Kungl alts?

I have no connection to Jean Capdouze, despite the fact that he is making silly attempts to imitate me.

I have a connection with Adam Kungl in that we are both smart Roosters fans. But Adam is not my alt.

Latest posts