What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade

I like the REST MARY, NOT HUNT! ....................

Gould is not being honest.
If this was the Pathers club, he'd be kicking up a storm knowing that the club is grossly underachieving, not to mention, lining the club walls with wallflowers (ex -players) with pretend jobs.

Gould would demand the best people in the right position.
Funny what having a mate as a coach, does.

Coffs dragon

Bench

If this was the Pathers club, he'd be kicking up a storm knowing that the club is grossly underachieving, not to mention, lining the club walls with wallflowers (ex -players) with pretend jobs.

Hey OKB Gould is still obviously on the Panthers payroll by lending his support to Mary which takes our club out of the equation in competing in the NRL! It's the only logical answer.

Thanks. The oust doust signs were just classics and I am just trying picture what the hill would be calling for now!

There is just no way Mary can dig your club out of this mess.

....... Hope everyone reads this, The Board, The Media and everyone on here.........unbelievable stats. ...are they for real seriously....if so thats bloody pathetic and they extend his contract

Paul McGregor coaching record in July

19/7/19 - Lost 40-18 v PEN

14/7/19 - Lost 36-14 v CAN

4/7/19 - Lost 16-14 v MEL

29/7/18 - Lost 36-18 v SYD

21/7/18 - Won 24-10 v NQL

15/7/18 - Lost 20-16 v WST

5/7/18 - Lost 52-30 v MEL

29/7/17 - Lost 21-14 v NEW

23/7/17 - Won 52-22 v MAN

14/7/17 - Lost 18-14 v CAN

29/7/16 - Lost 13-10 v CBY

24/7/16 - Lost 25-12 v WST

15/7/16 - Lost 32-12 v GCT

4/7/16 - Lost 36-6 v MAN

25/7/15 - Lost 22-4 v MEL

18/7/15 - Lost 24-8 v SOU

12/7/15 - Lost 28-8 v CRO

4/7/15 - Lost 18-12 v NQL

27/7/14 - Won 28-12 v WST

21/7/14 - Lost 21-12 v MAN

5/7/14 - Won 27-24 v NQL

TOTAL

Played - 21

Won - 4

Lost - 17

Coffs dragon

Bench
I'm starting to hear from some Dragons supporters of a Board/CEO cover up scenario, awaiting the season to end.
Personally, I feel it will take a miracle and a 360 degree turn in the teams form, for Mary to survive into 2020 season. The Drums are beating, there's smoke and there's fire, something has to give. Surely the tossers running our joint can't continually be so stupid!

RedVDragon

Juniors
I'm starting to hear from some Dragons supporters of a Board/CEO cover up scenario, awaiting the season to end.
Personally, I feel it will take a miracle and a 360 degree turn in the teams form, for Mary to survive into 2020 season. The Drums are beating, there's smoke and there's fire, something has to give. Surely the tossers running our joint can't continually be so stupid!
Good best post I have read.

TruSaint

Referee

@Coffs dragon ,

Dont do it to yourself mate. I pray you are right, but expect no changes and if by some act of God there is, .. then so be it. I cannot see anything changing after BJ's comments.
Mary will jag a win against GC and maybe one other, and we move onto 2020 putting this years failure down to off field issues, injuries, and SOO...

Again, I hope you are correct, .. just cant see it bro.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
@Coffs dragon ,

Dont do it to yourself mate. I pray you are right, but expect no changes and if by some act of God there is, .. then so be it. I cannot see anything changing after BJ's comments.
Mary will jag a win against GC and maybe one other, and we move onto 2020 putting this years failure down to off field issues, injuries, and SOO...

Sadly I think your on the money as usual bud

Coffs dragon

Bench
@Coffs dragon ,

Tru I long for some sign of hope with these thoughts. Unfortunately you will probably be right and I will be forced to take a Gap Year in 2020.

TruSaint

Referee
Tru I long for some sign of hope with these thoughts. Unfortunately you will probably be right and I will be forced to take a Gap Year in 2020.

Mate I hear you and we all feel the pain.
I have no info at all other than history. And BJ's comments ... Its my feeling that he will see his contract out.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade

Coffs,
Just saw a headline from the Smeligragh which said, "Dragons can't guarantee McGregors job" !!!!!!

I can't open it cause l don't subscribe but hopefully someone can post it.

TruSaint

Referee
Coffs,
Just saw a headline from the Smeligragh which said, "Dragons can't guarantee McGregors job" !!!!!!

I can't open it cause l don't subscribe but hopefully someone can post it.

Here it is but its BS.. Its basically what BJ said in his 2sm radio interview.

Dragons CEO can’t guarantee coach Paul McGregor’s position
Dean Ritchie, The Daily Telegraph
July 25, 2019 5:33pm
Subscriber

St George Illawarra chief executive Brian Johnston has failed to guarantee under-siege Paul McGregor would start next season as head coach, only saying: “We will review the situation at the end of the year.”

In an exclusive interview with The Daily Telegraph, Johnston claimed the entire Dragons organisation was “hurting as much as our supporters” from this year’s horrible results.

Johnston even shouldered much of the blame himself.

Despite having five State of Origin stars, the Dragons have won just six from 17 games this season and sit 14th on the NRL ladder. Pressure will further mount should the embattled Dragons lose to old rivals South Sydney at ANZ Stadium on Friday night.

d3ec95785736d19473a8051b0d72a8cc

Brian Johnston was less than definite on McGregor’s future. Photo: John Appleyard
Dragons fans have taken to social media to vent their anger, even starting a petition seeking support to dump McGregor, despite the coach having another two years remaining on a contract he extended in April.

similars

St George Illawarra would face a hefty payout by sacking McGregor and then employing a new coach. The bill could top $2 million.

Although there are no plans at present to sack McGregor, when asked could he guarantee he would start next season as St George Illawarra coach, Johnston said: “All I can say at the present stage is that we will review the situation at the end of the year. We will take it from there.

“Indirectly, the board are going to ask me ‘what’s going on?’”

Pressed again whether McGregor’s position was safe, Johnston said: “We review everything every week — the team performance, on and off the field.

“At the end of each year, we will have a comprehensive review with the emotion taken out of it and short-termism taken out of it and that will be the appropriate time, the end of the year.

“The chief executive’s role and the coach’s role — they are board decisions. We will review everything holistically, not in isolation. There needs to be a certain element of positivity in conjunction with hard work and smart work.”

With seven rounds remaining, St George Illawarra have already crashed out of the finals race.

Johnston said he too had to take responsibility for the season.

“It (criticising McGregor) is an easy, simplistic conclusion you could come to. To be quite honest, I’m responsible for overall running of the club so I’ve got to share that responsibility as everyone else does, as coaches and players do,” Johnston said.

“We’re not shielded from the responsibility and we’re not shielded from the pressure.

We are a club and we take our tradition, history and winning, very seriously and we are all hurting at the moment.

“We need to offer as much support as we can offer to the coach, as much support as we can offer to the players and vice versa. It’s a matter of working together as a club.”

2161e097064c0733bf8351dbfc704f6e

McGregor knows there is nowhere to hide. Photo: AAP Image/Bianca De Marchi
Johnston conceded the season had been exceptionally disappointing but urged fans to sick solid.

“None of us are happy. We are all doing our very best at the present stage to rectify the situation and we are hurting as much as our supporters,” he said.

“I’m certainly not criticising the fans. I’m acknowledging our supporters are loyal and passionate and are hurting at the moment. I’m acknowledging the hurt and validating the feelings that they are experiencing at the moment.

“We need a combination of things. It’s not just one aspect of football. It’s very difficult to put your finger on one aspect. It’s the combination that needs to take responsibility, everyone within the organisation.”

Dragons chairman Andrew Gordon is in Europe and was unavailable for comment

rednwhites

Juniors
Here it is but its BS.. Its basically what BJ said in his 2sm radio interview.

Dragons CEO can’t guarantee coach Paul McGregor’s position
Dean Ritchie, The Daily Telegraph
July 25, 2019 5:33pm
Subscriber

St George Illawarra chief executive Brian Johnston has failed to guarantee under-siege Paul McGregor would start next season as head coach, only saying: “We will review the situation at the end of the year.”

In an exclusive interview with The Daily Telegraph, Johnston claimed the entire Dragons organisation was “hurting as much as our supporters” from this year’s horrible results.

Johnston even shouldered much of the blame himself.

Despite having five State of Origin stars, the Dragons have won just six from 17 games this season and sit 14th on the NRL ladder. Pressure will further mount should the embattled Dragons lose to old rivals South Sydney at ANZ Stadium on Friday night.

d3ec95785736d19473a8051b0d72a8cc

Brian Johnston was less than definite on McGregor’s future. Photo: John Appleyard
Dragons fans have taken to social media to vent their anger, even starting a petition seeking support to dump McGregor, despite the coach having another two years remaining on a contract he extended in April.

similars

St George Illawarra would face a hefty payout by sacking McGregor and then employing a new coach. The bill could top $2 million.

Although there are no plans at present to sack McGregor, when asked could he guarantee he would start next season as St George Illawarra coach, Johnston said: “All I can say at the present stage is that we will review the situation at the end of the year. We will take it from there.

“Indirectly, the board are going to ask me ‘what’s going on?’”

Pressed again whether McGregor’s position was safe, Johnston said: “We review everything every week — the team performance, on and off the field.

“At the end of each year, we will have a comprehensive review with the emotion taken out of it and short-termism taken out of it and that will be the appropriate time, the end of the year.

“The chief executive’s role and the coach’s role — they are board decisions. We will review everything holistically, not in isolation. There needs to be a certain element of positivity in conjunction with hard work and smart work.”

With seven rounds remaining, St George Illawarra have already crashed out of the finals race.

Johnston said he too had to take responsibility for the season.

“It (criticising McGregor) is an easy, simplistic conclusion you could come to. To be quite honest, I’m responsible for overall running of the club so I’ve got to share that responsibility as everyone else does, as coaches and players do,” Johnston said.

“We’re not shielded from the responsibility and we’re not shielded from the pressure.

We are a club and we take our tradition, history and winning, very seriously and we are all hurting at the moment.

“We need to offer as much support as we can offer to the coach, as much support as we can offer to the players and vice versa. It’s a matter of working together as a club.”

2161e097064c0733bf8351dbfc704f6e

McGregor knows there is nowhere to hide. Photo: AAP Image/Bianca De Marchi
Johnston conceded the season had been exceptionally disappointing but urged fans to sick solid.

“None of us are happy. We are all doing our very best at the present stage to rectify the situation and we are hurting as much as our supporters,” he said.

“I’m certainly not criticising the fans. I’m acknowledging our supporters are loyal and passionate and are hurting at the moment. I’m acknowledging the hurt and validating the feelings that they are experiencing at the moment.

“We need a combination of things. It’s not just one aspect of football. It’s very difficult to put your finger on one aspect. It’s the combination that needs to take responsibility, everyone within the organisation.”

Dragons chairman Andrew Gordon is in Europe and was unavailable for comment

Far from satisfying, yet at least if we don't win many games from here you would have to hold BJ to his word and Mary won't be starting the next season. The club will be licking their own wounds with the pay out and we will get a bargain basement coach, and the cycle will most likely start again.