What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

callmack1

Staff member
Just because Sam is aiming to be back in two weeks, doesn't mean the medical staff will agree with the time frame lol.

Agree, though from what i understand the 'indefinite' time frame in this instance could range anywhere from a few days to a few weeks or even months, depending on how the infection responds to the antibiotics.
Yea that's true. I've just heard that the media have blown this up to be way bigger than it is. Sam COULD be back in a couple of weeks but of course, there's no guarentees and his health must come first.

BradS

Juniors
Yea that's true. I've just heard that the media have blown this up to be way bigger than it is. Sam COULD be back in a couple of weeks but of course, there's no guarentees and his health must come first.
Hasn’t been posted on Rabbitohs web site so not reading too much into it

If it was serious there would have been an official press release

RDT

Juniors
The more I think about Goodwin, the more I think he is purely a reserve grade signing at this point in his career.

He was slow when he left for England and I don't imagine that those couple of years over there have increased his pace at all...

Nowhere is it mentioned that he will come into the top 30

I honestly think he will come back to possibly captain that reserve grade side next year with a view to transitioning into a coaching role within a year or two.
He'd be coming cheap. I'm assuming he's Jacob Gagan's replacement (since Bennett rated Gagan so lowly that he started playing second rowers at centre).

He's a great replacement if we have injuries, but I doubt he's being looked at as first choice first grader

callmack1

Staff member

callmack1

Staff member
From Sporting News,

Cody Walker stands by national anthem protest

Dumped NSW five-eighth Cody Walker will continue to express his opposition to the national anthem despite the heat his protest attracted before game one.

Walker and several other players - both indigenous and non-indigenous - chose to stay silent as Advance Australia Fair played at Suncorp Stadium.

The Rabbitohs star has no regrets over his stance despite the controversy it invited.

"That's the way I was brought up. I will continually say my thoughts on it," Walker told NITV's Over the Black Dot.

"I will never judge anyone who has a different view (but) it is something I will stand by forever."

Walker stressed that his opinion on the wording of the anthem is his personal view and he doesn't force it on anyone.

"That's what was most disappointing - that I was portrayed as coming into the camp with a political statement," he said.

"(That's something) I never did and I never do.

"I was asked a question and I answered it very honestly and with as much respect as I could.

"They were my views and I didn't want to push it on anyone."

Walker was axed after NSW's four-point loss in game one but continued to support the Blues as they wrapped up the series with wins in games two and three.

He said: "I was disappointed I didn't get another opportunity but that's the way it goes.

"I wanted to be part of the squad but I will get back on my bike and play my best for the Rabbitohs."

callmack1

Staff member
From Zero Tackle,

Burgess likely to accept huge Wigan offer

George Burgess looks set to move to the Super League at season’s end, with Wigan set to offer the forward a mega three-year deal, according to the Brisbane Times.

The prop is currently on the sidelines until the end of the home-and-away season, after an eye-gouge on Wests Tigers hooker Robbie Farah saw him handed a nine-match suspension.

The Rabbitohs have made it clear they won’t have room in their cap to sign Burgess, and it looks as though there’s not much interest from other NRL clubs, following his lengthy ban.

Wigan has reportedly offered Burgess a longer, more lucrative deal than he would receive from any rival NRL club, with the 27-year-old set to accept the offer and head back home to England.

Burgess joined the Rabbitohs in 2012, and has played 148 games for the Bunnies, including one premiership.

Oldmate

Juniors
Gebbie looks something special, PNG starting to pump out some serious talent. I think he may well be in Bennett’s fullback plans. He’s a class above in Q cup right now and only 24. He’s showing far more promise than Corey Allen ever did and he’s already got international experience.

Gebbie looks something special, PNG starting to pump out some serious talent. I think he may well be in Bennett’s fullback plans. He’s a class above in Q cup right now and only 24. He’s showing far more promise than Corey Allen ever did and he’s already got international experience.

He's pretty light at 85kgs though... Will be interesting to see if we can put some muscle on him without taking away his speed and explosiveness.

Hellray

Juniors
Maybe if George goes to Wigan we can bring back on a cheaper deal our own junior in Gabe Hamlin, been plying his trade there since graduating from NYC and could be a good depth piece

From Zero Tackle,

Burgess likely to accept huge Wigan offer

George Burgess looks set to move to the Super League at season’s end, with Wigan set to offer the forward a mega three-year deal, according to the Brisbane Times.

The prop is currently on the sidelines until the end of the home-and-away season, after an eye-gouge on Wests Tigers hooker Robbie Farah saw him handed a nine-match suspension.

The Rabbitohs have made it clear they won’t have room in their cap to sign Burgess, and it looks as though there’s not much interest from other NRL clubs, following his lengthy ban.

Wigan has reportedly offered Burgess a longer, more lucrative deal than he would receive from any rival NRL club, with the 27-year-old set to accept the offer and head back home to England.

Burgess joined the Rabbitohs in 2012, and has played 148 games for the Bunnies, including one premiership.

Travitoh

First Grade
I would be shocked if he did on 2 counts.
1,Bradford Bulls now play in the 2nd tier comp.
2. Wages. Bradford Bulls couldn't afford them.

I don't dispute that but as has been stated previously in regards to George, he seems to have other interests outside of footy lately.
Playing for a club like Bradford could allow him to continue acting on the side while still getting paid for footy.

I'm not in the know or anything but if his interest in acting is true then i really can see this happening.

Latest posts