What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 19 Team List thread vs Warriors

Glenneel

Bench
Yeah mate every other team has the same chances. :thinking:

tpa_20181213.jpg
The vast majority of those TPAs would have gone to 2 men, Smith and Slater. It'd be interesting to see TPAs now with Slater gone. Brisbane's TPAs would be more evenly shared around. If Cowboys can get $400k in TPAs surely we can too with a much bigger business area to draw on. Need someone at club to really drive that part of the business.

emjaycee

Coach
The vast majority of those TPAs would have gone to 2 men, Smith and Slater. It'd be interesting to see TPAs now with Slater gone. Brisbane's TPAs would be more evenly shared around. If Cowboys can get $400k in TPAs surely we can too with a much bigger business area to draw on. Need someone at club to really drive that part of the business.

TPA's are not really about whether you have a "bigger business area to draw on" but rather about the recognisability (sp) of the player(s) you support in relation to the target market of your business. For one team towns such as Melbourne and Brisbane it is easier to relate a recognisable NRL face to the club then it is for teams that share the same geographical area with other clubs. Put Thaiday on TV or in the press advertising your local business and everyone who sees the advertisement knows he plays for Brisbane (because they are all in Brisbane). Put Moses, Foran or even Latrell in your advertisement and 8 others clubs supporters get to see them and don't give a rats arse about whatever it is you are advertising.

Can anyone name one business that could/would afford to offer a TPA to an Eels player where the business is actually synonymous with Parramatta? Slater had a large TPA with Queensland Banana's but I don't recall seeing too many ads for them (that featured him) being shown on NSW/Sydney Prime Time TV. His face was plastered over billboards in Melbourne however.

And don't forget, clubs cannot drive TPA's - it is the responsibility of player managers to get their players additional income via TPA's.

strider

Post Whore
FFS don't be silly .... there is a whole orchid of TPA trees in Parramatta Park. Why don't we just use them

Gronk

Staff member
FFS don't be silly .... there is a whole orchid of TPA trees in Parramatta Park. Why don't we just use them
If only we had a CEO and board with business acumen, they’d find those trees for sure.

Noise

Coach
Clubs are allowed to introduce player's to potential TPA providers. I wonder if we are doing that? They just can't negotiate the deal and/or guarantee the deal. I think

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Clubs are allowed to introduce player's to potential TPA providers. I wonder if we are doing that? They just can't negotiate the deal and/or guarantee the deal. I think
Nathan Peats got the shits because we did just that. The TPA fell through and he expected us to pay it. He even threatened to sit out.

Obviously at his previous club those TPAs always got paid. Like magic.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Nathan Peats got the shits because we did just that. The TPA fell through and he expected us to pay it. He even threatened to sit out.

Obviously at his previous club those TPAs always got paid. Like magic.
Yeah well Peatsy gone thank fu*k. I reckon hes another poor influence on a playing group such as Normy and The Phantom Biter.