What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Semi Radradra threatening to leave NRL

T-Boon

Coach
Yes that's never happened in the past lol

I was commenting more on the fact we are developing exciting players out of Fiji but don't seem able to keep them rather than him specifically.

Big wingers are valuable in union but in league with a salary cap clubs cannot justify paying big dollars for the outside men. Solution is to make rules that favour wingers being small or at least smaller.

Cutting interchange won't advantage smaller wingers. There would be even more need for wingers to do the work of forwards if forwards were more tired.

T-Boon

Coach
Cutting interchange won't advantage smaller wingers. There would be even more need for wingers to do the work of forwards if forwards were more tired.

Yep, everyone would be a bit more fatigued (including big wingers) so smaller players in particular little wingers would have an opportunity to exploit that. Especially if the wingers are also constantly needed to cover the anywhere 40.

adamkungl

Immortal
Stop replying to TBoon every time he posts the same rule changes in threads that aren't even remotely on topic..

T-Boon

Coach
Unless you ban kicks to the corner you aren't going to see small wingers

Not a ban on kicking to the corners. You can reduce bombing to the corners by something like a 20 metre tap and 7 tackle set for any kick caught on the full inside the 20.

T-Boon

Coach
Stop replying to TBoon every time he posts the same rule changes in threads that aren't even remotely on topic..

this thread switched from whinging about a problem to problem solving ages ago dude. Thats where you got left behind.

adamkungl

Immortal
You think it did, but your solution being even close to relevant requires a severe disconnect from reality. Your meds are due, I think.

T.S Quint

Coach
I can never understand why people keep wanting to stop teams from scoring tries from kicks.
It's f**king stupid. Stop it.

So many awesome tries are from kicks. You want to never see anything like them ever again?
How about we stop hookers from burrowing over the line from a metre out, 'cause that's a boring, shitty way to score a try?
No, I didn't think so.

davi

Juniors
Not surprising, but fair enough.

"Code-hopper Semi Radradra has been dumped from the Kangaroos squad, reports Fox Sports.

The Eels winger still has a year to play in the NRL but Aussie coach Mal Meningasays he won’t be considered for the mid-year test against New Zealand and the World Cup at the end of the year.

“No I won’t be (selecting Radradra),” Meninga told foxsports.com.au.

“If a player decides to go to another code, they’ll be in extreme doubt in my eyes."

The Fijian flyer officially changed his allegiance to Australia last year, which made him eligible for the ANZAC test.

Semi will leave Parramatta at the end of the 2017 season, having accepted an attractive offer to play rugby union for Toulon."

https://www.triplem.com.au/sport/nr...radradra-from-kangaroos-squad/?station=sydney

Last Week

Bench
Not surprising, but fair enough.

"Code-hopper Semi Radradra has been dumped from the Kangaroos squad, reports Fox Sports.

The Eels winger still has a year to play in the NRL but Aussie coach Mal Meningasays he won’t be considered for the mid-year test against New Zealand and the World Cup at the end of the year.

“No I won’t be (selecting Radradra),” Meninga told foxsports.com.au.

“If a player decides to go to another code, they’ll be in extreme doubt in my eyes."

The Fijian flyer officially changed his allegiance to Australia last year, which made him eligible for the ANZAC test.

Semi will leave Parramatta at the end of the 2017 season, having accepted an attractive offer to play rugby union for Toulon."

https://www.triplem.com.au/sport/nr...radradra-from-kangaroos-squad/?station=sydney

And yet he had no issues selecting Israel Folau for Queensland when he was going to AFL.

Jean Capdouze

Juniors
I’d certainly hope Uncle Nick can lure him to the Eastern Suburbs Roosters. We will have plenty of cap space when Cooper Cronk retires. Uncle Nick is a genius when it comes to recruiting quality players, Remi Casty, Ryan Hall, James “Teddy” Tedesco just to name a few.

Latest posts