What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldPanther

Coach
Ivan's given him an early mark with 2 and 3 to go in the last 2 games. In the Warriors game, he went off with 13 to go and came back with under 5 to go, but still played 77 because of golden point.

Like I said it's nice to have perceptions changed. Winder why I thought he was doing less minutes:thinking:

RCG should be in his prime right now. When Tamou was his age, and close to the best prop in the game, he was running for 140-150m per game.

RCG’s best ever season was 130m, now he’s settled back at 100m

Banter king

Juniors
I’d let Mansour go and go after radradra. Sauce - 1 try this season isn’t very good for a winger. Yes he does do some yards out of own end. Him and naden aren’t on the same page when naden’s got the ball (pass goes into touch or to ground).
Also go after peach.

Matthew Ellis

Juniors
His play the ball speed is and always has been disastrous to our attack. He is one note. The defence commonly waltzes him on his feet, gently places him on his back and molests him until they decide they're ready for him to play a ball. He seems completely oblivious to the fact that games are often won and lost in the ruck and that it is his primary job to win it. He is quantity at below average quality.

And a personal annoyance, it defies the laws of physics how he still can't barge his enormous frame over a goal line after about a thousand f**king attempts.

People here who would know are pissed off about his contract. Gus who architected his contract was on the TV saying how he believed he'd be the best front rower in the game. We're paying him out our ass for performances we could get from a near minimum contract prop.
I mean I can't really bring up stats like tries scored or anything for him in 2017 so this is just a pointless conversion from now. You won't change your mind and I believe you have recency bias.
But yes I agree on current form he's overpaid (though he's improved since the start of the year so it isn't by nearly as much). But look at JWH 2/3 years ago. He was similarly vastly overpaid for two years. Then hit from around the right time and won his team the comp.
RCG should be in his prime right now. When Tamou was his age, and close to the best prop in the game, he was running for 140-150m per game.

RCG’s best ever season was 130m, now he’s settled back at 100m
Tamou also had the benefit of taking his runs after Matt Scott who was the best prop in the game and regularly got quick ptbs.

Last edited:
Tamou also had the benefit of taking his runs after Matt Scott who was the best prop in the game and regularly got quick ptbs.

Maybe, but there’s plenty of other examples

from this year

Klemmer - 170m

Tapau - 140m

Taukeiaho - 150m

Haas - 166m

Wallace - 150m

Then there’s a stack of guys running 110-140m

RCG is way down around 30th prop for most run meters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts