What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 19 vs Souths

j0nesy

Bench
I thought we actually tried hard. We are poorly coached but I’m not going to go there. McInness was phenomenal, Saab was brilliant, even Aitken played well. I like Norman at fullback. I think Lafai needs to go. I’d play Rav next week on the wing and Lomax at centre. I’d seriously look at playing Sims at lock or dropping him. Sims at lock would certainly tighten our defence around the centre of the ruck. No point playing him on the edge he’s not doing anything there. I’d drop Lawton to the bench and maybe play Luc on the edge. Perhaps Ford could get a run on the bench ahead of Dufty.

kit66

Bench
Heartbreaker that finish.

How many times did Hunt hand the ball back to Souths, he lost it for us just being out there.

Nice debut from Saab, need to take more advantage of his height. Cam McInnes is a champion but should be screaming at the ref for quick play the balls every tackle.
Bench rotation was woeful again, K.Sims and Kerr should have had longer on the field and Graham less.
Great to have Widdop back.

hermidale1

Juniors
We look ok in patches - but that’s our season.
Ben Hunt was very hot and cold and I thought Cory Norman was like a shadow on the field.
Saab and Cam were great. Both Sims boys down on form.
Overall 15 minutes out of the 80 is not enough..
I'm a huge Tariq Sims supporter but he has been off all season.
Ben Hunt ordinary again.
Frizell trys but in the end not making any difference.
We are shocking.
But Super Coach won't make any changes to the players playing poorly, instead dropping others and blaming them to deflect his poor coaching.
He must, must , must go!!!!!!

ram raid

Bench
Good effort guys. At least you didn't give up. As consolation, always remember that a loss to Souths is but a lesser degree of win, as you get to share a moment of glory with the pride of the league.

getsmarty

Immortal
I’m not a fan of Aitken but come on he had a decent game tonight.

Yeah...like not marking up on his man for the last try ?

He's not what you need if you want to go deep into the semi's ( which won't be happening any time soon )

Like our esteemed coach, he has had 5 years to show his wares...

For mine Aitken gets a C

McGregor an F

j0nesy

Bench
Yeah...like not marking up on his man for the last try ?

He's not what you need if you want to go deep into the semi's ( which won't be happening any time soon )

Like our esteemed coach, he has had 5 years to show his wares...

For mine Aitken gets a C

McGregor an F
He made the tackle though. Make a couple breaks set up a try. Made some good tackles. B for me.

boardlumps62

Juniors
70 minutes of mindless tactics from Dragons just shaking my head at the numerous errors. Then FFS we are a chance and yes that final passis forward but they just don't call forward passes so they win.
Really there is something seriously wrong in the camp maybe split maybe McGregor.

getsmarty

Immortal
He made the tackle though. Make a couple breaks set up a try. Made some good tackle. B for me.

I'm talking over 5 years....He basically is a power runner with a very average passing game...Rushes up in defence............ should have been dropped to reserves ages ago...

Lomax leaves him for dead....Lafai is also running on old legs..........

rednwhites

Juniors
Absolutely he was taken out in the air. It should of been a penalty, these refs are just ridiculously bad.

Tackled he wasn't but contact was made. Reckon the refs are screwed either way they call there. Unlucky for us as I've seen them penalised more often than not.