What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 19 vs Souths

WA 'S OWN RED V

Juniors
We were ordinary tonight. Score line was hardly a reflection of the game.
Lomax is a not winger.
Hunt has his head up arse.
Norman is not a fullback
Widdop is leaving so why bother?
Lafai wtf
Cam was awesome.
Our forwards got beaten again.
Fxxxed if I know where to from here.....

Oh well as long as storm don't win the comp it'll be OK.... Scam Smith is an ass hole.

Only player to ever play and ref 400 nrl games. Throws 5000 forward passes whers that star.
Amazing how they get over the advantage line hey...... Annasley was probably around to give him a golden whistle at his 400th game.

I hate the NRL.... Good one Todd.

Always next year..... so the saga continues

Wittenberg

Juniors
Norman as centre well that will certainly improve our defence.....not ! Lafai should be dropped but Norman was pretty poor as well. He is soft near the line.

rednwhites

Juniors
That’s why I’d call seibold see if he’d take Him back

There was a period this year when Hunt seemed like the one keeping the team in contests. Now that Origin is done he seems to have completely gone off the ball or is 'tired' as the coach likes or put it.

There are 3 certainties about the current Dragons:

- We will lose a lot of games
- Aitken will be picked regardless
- and our most expensive player is going to have his sook

We were ordinary tonight. Score line was hardly a reflection of the game.
Lomax is a not winger.
Hunt has his head up arse.
Norman is not a fullback
Widdop is leaving so why bother?
Lafai wtf
Cam was awesome.
Our forwards got beaten again.
Fxxxed if I know where to from here.....

Oh well as long as storm don't win the comp it'll be OK.... Scam Smith is an ass hole.

Only player to ever play and ref 400 nrl games. Throws 5000 forward passes whers that star.
Amazing how they get over the advantage line hey...... Annasley was probably around to give him a golden whistle at his 400th game.

I hate the NRL.... Good one Todd.

Always next year..... so the saga continues
But Saab was a joy to watch please lord please don’t let them stifle him

rednwhites

Juniors
The player how needs to be ‘rested’ is Tariq. Quite a disappointing year from him.

When we first signed him I wasn't happy. He completely blew my mind for a year and half there. Now he is playing exactly the way I remember him. Don't know what it is but any other coach would have given him some quality CC time by now.

There was a period this year when Hunt seemed like the one keeping the team in contests. Now that Origin is done he seems to have completely gone off the ball or is 'tired' as the coach likes or put it.

There are 3 certainties about the current Dragons:

- We will lose a lot of games
- Aitken will be picked regardless
- and our most expensive player is going to have his sook
Agree on all the above

Just finished watching the replay had to go watch the daughter play footy and my take aways are

Hooray for Jason Saab we now have our very own Daniel Tupou the resemblance is uncanny
Hunts gotta go not worth the money sorry Hunt fans
Frizelle is off way off
Corey Norman is a 6 end of story but Gareth’s boot and leadership will be missed
Aitken is a 3 end of story!!! out of 10
Jdb’s Mates it’s pretty obvious who they are need to worry about footy let his situation sort itself out
Origin does f**k certain teams
Lomax is a centre
And once again well one Saab runs better than his surname suggests both parents must be elated

Last edited:

Old Timer

Coach
Take aways from tonights game.
  1. Widdop tried his very best to get the team to fire. His frustration at what they have become became evident on a few occasions as he tried to direct the attack and the players did something entirely different and Widdop through his hands up in disgust and scratched his head wondering what was going on.
  2. The notion that Graham can play long minutes is an absolute joke. 77 minutes tonight on tired legs is farcical especially when Kerr was actually making ground and playing the ball quickly and Luc other than Vaughan looked the most likely to create something.
  3. Hunt is ashell shocked footballer and he will never recover from it. Far too prone to making big mistakes at crucial times.
  4. Norman is far too casual and doesn't hurt enough when things go pear shape or we lose. Also quite surprised how slow he actually is.
  5. T Sims would rather be anywhere else but on the paddock in a St GI jersey. He has slumped beyond recognition. K Sims is far less dynamic than he ever was at the Broncos. Bruce brothers they ain't.
  6. Why would you bring on a completely fresh player who is a small back and had no input in 77 minutes to replace a forward who defends in the middle where we had been vulnerable all night? Suicidal game plan if ever there was one.
  7. Frizz tries far too hard to make up for what others (Sims in particular) aren't doing. He is overplayed in attack and has nothing other than a rip,shit or bust run which is like the rest of our footy "entirely predictable".
  8. I know centres are less important in the game today than back in 2010 but FMD our centres are the most insignificant footballers you could ever imagine. Aitken is "the worst" defensive centre and just keeps on doing the same thing every single game and Lafai is almost invisible.
  9. Next year will be an absolute horror show without Widdop.
  10. We have no idea of how to encourage an offload let alone support it.
  11. Anyone who bags Mc Innes knows SFA about footy. He is a great player and team man and whilst we might be up shit creek without a paddle without Cam the team would all be standing on their heads in the creek.
  12. We were completely outplayed tonight and can take almost nothing out of the game, however for sure Souths can take even less as that form won't be winning form against the big boys come late September but then again they at least will get a shot at the title.
  13. Last but not least thanks to all those that made comment re me & the grandson I really appreciate it. Whilst it is hard to stop young fans from being despondent hopefully us old timers can instil some of our "faith" from other dark times into them and get them through this horror patch so they remain Dragons fans and get some enjoyment from that in the not too distant future.