What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Crowd Watch

forby

Juniors
There are more reasons for a stadium in Penrith than just about anywhere else, especially anywhere else in NSW.
Regardless of what Newcastle might claim, the true heartland of RL is in Penrith. It has more junior clubs than some clubs have junior teams. It attracts a greater percentage of its residents to games than anybody else!

Stallion

First Grade
That’s an amazing crowd. I think we’re going to see a lot more 6pm games in Newcastle going forward. The fans are showing up in numbers when so many other clubs can barely attract enough to fill a tent.

I don’t mind actually, it’s one of my preferred time slots for attending games.

In Newcastle plenty of fans prefer Friday night 6pm and Saturday night 5.30pm. It's attractive for both younger kids and elderly.

unforgiven

Bench
There are more reasons for a stadium in Penrith than just about anywhere else, especially anywhere else in NSW.
Regardless of what Newcastle might claim, the true heartland of RL is in Penrith. It has more junior clubs than some clubs have junior teams. It attracts a greater percentage of its residents to games than anybody else!
One team uses it, it is council owned so it is a no to Penrith.

Stallion

First Grade
I feel like Knights fans will mostly turn up in any time slot so they're giving us the shittest one.

Nope. Less turn up for the later night games overall. Just look at the crowd figures.(Weather permitting ) Older people (pensioners etc) and younger families prefer the earlier timeslots. And Newcastle doesn't have the traffic issues of Sydney.

T-Boon

Coach
That’s an amazing crowd. I think we’re going to see a lot more 6pm games in Newcastle going forward. The fans are showing up in numbers when so many other clubs can barely attract enough to fill a tent.

I don’t mind actually, it’s one of my preferred time slots for attending games.

It also seems pretty good around town. Pubs were well packed at 7pm tonight everyone watching.

T-Boon

Coach
Another sellout at Penrith! Imagine if we had a stadium like Parra!
I think Penrith have had more sellouts than any other team in the competition over the padt 3 or 4 seasons!

Penrith fans drop off badly when the team is losing. They are the worst at this. Also they don’t travel, even as far as Parramatta. I’d probably relocate Penrith.

AtholSmith

Juniors
Well, I got entrance to the MCG members tonight first time, big precinct of bars, restaurants etc must be 15-20k in here and a mill in alcohol sales and I don’t even think I’m exaggerating, there has to be a dollar in crowds

Rooster8

Juniors
Well, I got entrance to the MCG members tonight first time, big precinct of bars, restaurants etc must be 15-20k in here and a mill in alcohol sales and I don’t even think I’m exaggerating, there has to be a dollar in crowds
Most people always renew their MCC membership as i'm pretty sure there is a 90,000+ members on the waiting list, so one in, one out. I have a mate who's dads a tour guide there, and he even signed their newborn up for a membership the day after he was born to cut that waiting time down. He said, most people go their on Friday/saturday nights, get their 2 hours before kick off, have dinner. a drink then watch the footy. Must be a good life.

Latest posts