What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd19: Parramatta v Warriors LIVE GAME DAY thread 27/7/19

Eelogical

Referee
We lacked some class out there today. Add Jenko, Fergo and Lano and it wouldn't have been that hard.
We'd have found a way to make it difficult. The crux of the issue is forward power and game smarts. Once we stop getting rolled in the forwards and start playing as a structured team that believes in themselves, then, and only then, we will be respected as genuine premiership contenders.

Wally21

Bench
I thought Ma'u was outstanding, and his two key offloads led to tries.

Evans was strong - very strong, imo. He really aimed up.
Eele, I thought that Nathan Brown was our best by a country mile. But Ma’u certainly made up for last week. Tep was awful and Polar Bear looked average for mine

Pazza

First Grade
We didn't get the rub of the green until about the 60th minute. The Warriors got all the calls in the first half. But the final quarter was all square ups in our favour.

Penalty count was 9 - 2 in our favour.

Plus I think that RTS forward pass was line ball.

T-Boon

Coach
I thought it was clearly forward and Beale’s reaction confirmed it.

It certainly wasnt controversial.
One thing I noticed watching on Fox was how the commentators love to line up every 50/50 call to be really controversial by commiting to some sort of "I dont know about that" comment then waiting for the replay and if it turns out it is correct as it usually is they let it go no more comment but if it is borderline or bad they test the waters with each other about becoming irate. Every single decision in that second half was like that.

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
The online reaction (not necessarily here) about the penalty count is laughable. Why do the penalties have to be even or close to? The only thing I can remember the Warriors got duped on was Gutho’s strip. It’s not like we were ill disciplined.

T-Boon

Coach
Phil Gould thinks it was slightly forward and should be play on and you should be able to play on for a few plays after full time if the vibe is right.

T-Boon

Coach
the forward pass call saved Dylan Browns hide for that missed tackle. He should be in reserve grade. Talented but needs to fire up and work harder in training.