What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd19: Parramatta v Warriors LIVE GAME DAY thread 27/7/19

If it was forward it was only slightly

The ball definitely travelled forward. It's just a question of whether it was 'thrown backwards'. While RTS had contacted the defense before passing he still had some forward momentum. It was a line-ball call in either direction, so I couldn't criticise the refs call.

Tooooks

Bench
Eele, I thought that Nathan Brown was our best by a country mile. But Ma’u certainly made up for last week. Tep was awful and Polar Bear looked average for mine

I was at work so haven't seen the full game yet, but from what I saw of Polar, I thought he was going well. Strong runs, good leg drive.

Stats aren't everything but 42 mins, 13 runs for 108m and 25 tackles. I thought he was solid.

Tep was abysmal.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The online reaction (not necessarily here) about the penalty count is laughable. Why do the penalties have to be even or close to? The only thing I can remember the Warriors got duped on was Gutho’s strip. It’s not like we were ill disciplined.
The penalty count definitely shouldn't be even every game or even most of the time. One of the reasons we have such terrible defence is because we don't slow the ruck. We are the least penalised team in the NRL. I sometimes feel we should risk giving away more penalties.

The ball definitely travelled forward. It's just a question of whether it was 'thrown backwards'. While RTS had contacted the defense before passing he still had some forward momentum. It was a line-ball call in either direction, so I couldn't criticise the refs call.
I bet you could if you tried. Go on, it's fun.

The penalty count definitely shouldn't be even every game or even most of the time. One of the reasons we have such terrible defence is because we don't slow the ruck. We are the least penalised team in the NRL. I sometimes feel we should risk giving away more penalties.

Absolutely. That's been the Shark's gameplan for years. The Storm try to give penalties away but those lollipoping whisteblowers won't penalise them....ever.