What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd19: Parramatta v Warriors LIVE GAME DAY thread 27/7/19

T-Boon

Coach
Good win but from the highlights Parrys defence looks pretty shocking. 2 occasions he should have covered his man but came in.

I've never really understood why wingers do that so much. How hard can it be to coach a winger to just mark his winger stay out on the wing and trust the centre has his man covered. If the centre is not there then sure come in, but what else is there to it?

I've never really understood why wingers do that so much. How hard can it be to coach a winger to just mark his winger stay out on the wing and trust the centre has his man covered. If the centre is not there then sure come in, but what else is there to it?

It comes with experience. It's not as easy as it looks, particularly when your team switches defensive schemes when the opposition get within X metres of the tryline.

If you looked Brett Mullins defensive decisions early in his career you'd think he'd never make it. It takes time.

strider

Post Whore
Most tackles these days are 2+ defenders .... they have it drilled into them to get numbers in the tackle .... confusion ensues

T-Boon

Coach
Most tackles these days are 2+ defenders .... they have it drilled into them to get numbers in the tackle .... confusion ensues

Okay. Makes sense. But the wingers drills in the red zone surely it is just stay on your winger. If they arent doing that in training dont let them play if they do it in the game fire the defensive coach. I dont think enough people are getting fired.

Delboy

First Grade
Was at the game and believe that was the best the Warriors have played in possibly 2 seasons, Kearney had them playing Stormball, a late tavkler comes in and lies on top , he then peels off and the ref lets the other 2 clear the ruck - slows down the opposition big time which suits them more than the Eels. Happened numerous times with no penalty today.

Also when under pressure, they have a player go down and receive treatment, which the ref I guess has to allow, they regain their breath and reset their line, Bellyache at its best.

The strip rule is confusing, even happened at a junior game, 2 players in the tackle, 1 comes away, the held player relaxes to play the ball and its gets stolen as the ref is slow to call held, boom It gives an opportunity to beat the system and regain possession .

Would have lost that game by 15/20 last season, we struggle in the middle when both Evans and Junior are off, need to recruit at least one more big body, and a hard nosed back rower wouldn't hurt with Mau and Tep leaving.

pazzaeel

Juniors
Cannot believe all the bull***t around the RTS pass. No mention of Luke’s try where he knocked it on over the line and it was knocked on 3 tackles earlier.

It would be a square up except the RTS pass was 3m forward.

Amazing how quickly a Warriors player needed treatment when we had the moment. They were out on their feet and tactics helped them.

Refs were terrible but our performance wasn't flash either. Will take a close win like that

T-Boon

Coach
Amazing how quickly a Warriors player needed treatment when we had the moment. They were out on their feet and tactics helped them.

Refs were terrible but our performance wasn't flash either. Will take a close win like that

The refs were good. They need to change that injured player stoppage rule or else Parra needs to start faking it as well. Its just an invitation to the 16 cheat coaches.

Pazza

First Grade
e63f421ceed911a98e37fe94a3cf3c78

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...d/news-story/752ccea597785ad52a2c7aa8e254b1cf

That was amazing to watch.

Wally21

Bench
I was at work so haven't seen the full game yet, but from what I saw of Polar, I thought he was going well. Strong runs, good leg drive.

Stats aren't everything but 42 mins, 13 runs for 108m and 25 tackles. I thought he was solid.

Tep was abysmal.
Wow, I wouldn’t have thought Polar’s stats were that good. Maybe I’ve been harsh on him, remembering when he had the ball stripped...

hindy111

Post Whore
The penalty count definitely shouldn't be even every game or even most of the time. One of the reasons we have such terrible defence is because we don't slow the ruck. We are the least penalised team in the NRL. I sometimes feel we should risk giving away more penalties.

At the game the big difference was there kick chase and first two tackles. They'd drive us back and lay all over us. It would get us off to a bad set of six.
There kick chase was far superior.

hindy111

Post Whore
Missed the game just saw the highlights. Kearney can go and get ..... they been awarded two tries that should never been denied.

Good win but from the highlights Parrys defence looks pretty shocking. 2 occasions he should have covered his man but came in.

Exact same thing I mentioned before he was promoted into nrl. Rushes up in defense.