What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd19: Parramatta v Warriors LIVE GAME DAY thread 27/7/19

Kornstar

Coach
The [NZ] TAB has refunded $44,000 worth of bets on the Warriors in the wake of the Kiwi NRL club's controversial defeat to Parramatta on Saturday.

The Warriors were denied what would have been a spectacular match-winning try in the dying stages after the referees ruled Roger Tuiavsa-Sheck's flick pass to have gone forward.

The visitors were also on the wrong end of a 9-2 penalty count, with the Eels not conceding a penalty between the ninth and 80th-minute.

A message on the TAB website said the bookmaker had decided to refund all head-to-head bets on the Warriors, labelling it a "justice payout".

"A disgraceful officiating decision has denied the NZ Warriors a thoroughly deserved victory against the Parramatta Eels," the statement said. "Usually it would be "Bets Gone Warriors", but not this time. We have refunded all head-to-head bets placed on the Warriors in this game."

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/leagu...sgraceful-officiating-decision-in-eels-defeat

That’s the funniest shit ever........I’m still angry with how bad those refs were and we were right in line with that forward pass and it was......forward.......

Luke loses the ball and it is grounded with his neck, try! Parry was tackled in the air, no penalty.

The most noticeable call we got was the Guthrie strip otherwise they got most of the calls and the penalty count should have been much higher!!

Oh and we were just as bad as the refs......

Eelementary

Post Whore
Agreed, he was brilliant today, he had footwork and was making great yardage all day.

Good to get a tough gritty close win, but sorry to be negative but our defence is just simply awful.

They scored nearly every time they were in our red zone, we didn't turn them away once.They nearly walked over the line with ease for every try, we simply can't count and get over lapped every time. I saw Blake absolutely roast Parry for coming in when Maumalo scored, it's simple and we make it look so hard. The past month has been piss poor as far as defending goes. Unless this is going to be fixed we are not doing anything, we may make the semis but we will be making up the numbers.

Thought Gutherson and Moses were really good today and special mention to Drown who struggled the first few games back is starting to slowly find his feet, his short kicking game was brilliant and his defence for someone so small was also very good.

Good win but far from convinced.

Sorry, but that is not true.

The Warriors had one set in our 20m zone where they were tackled with the ball on the last tackle.

Kornstar

Coach
Sorry, but that is not true.

The Warriors had one set in our 20m zone where they were tackled with the ball on the last tackle.

Yep, after Parry’s legitimate knock, not the one where he was hit in the air and the refs missed it.

It’s ok though cause I’ve been reading now all the calls we got, the 2 crushers and Brown being put in a dangerous position. None should have been penalties apparently........

strider

Post Whore
The [NZ] TAB has refunded $44,000 worth of bets on the Warriors in the wake of the Kiwi NRL club's controversial defeat to Parramatta on Saturday.

The Warriors were denied what would have been a spectacular match-winning try in the dying stages after the referees ruled Roger Tuiavsa-Sheck's flick pass to have gone forward.

The visitors were also on the wrong end of a 9-2 penalty count, with the Eels not conceding a penalty between the ninth and 80th-minute.

A message on the TAB website said the bookmaker had decided to refund all head-to-head bets on the Warriors, labelling it a "justice payout".

"A disgraceful officiating decision has denied the NZ Warriors a thoroughly deserved victory against the Parramatta Eels," the statement said. "Usually it would be "Bets Gone Warriors", but not this time. We have refunded all head-to-head bets placed on the Warriors in this game."

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/leagu...sgraceful-officiating-decision-in-eels-defeat
OMFG ..... sorest of losers

On the Saturday night wrap, even Greg Alexander, said it was a forward pass and they highlighted spots on the field where it was let go and caught which showed about 3m - i know balls can float but that wasnt this

Yes, old flog Brandy "I hate parramatta" Alexander .... if he is calling it forward it was f**kin forward

In regards to defense...Gutho cannot set a bloody defensive line for his life!

Seriously, he is hopeless. I sit behind the posts so get to watch him in action and he would have made nearly a dozen incorrect calls that threw out our numbers in the first half.

Seriously, dichead - it's easy. Count the f**king short side as the tackle is being finalised and point accordingly. Yet, he doesn't do it, and the third man in gets up and looks to Gutho as he is running back so he knows which way to go, and Gutho just points in a random direction.

He is seriously shit at setting the line.

Happy MEel

First Grade
OMFG ..... sorest of losers

On the Saturday night wrap, even Greg Alexander, said it was a forward pass and they highlighted spots on the field where it was let go and caught which showed about 3m - i know balls can float but that wasnt this

Yes, old flog Brandy "I hate parramatta" Alexander .... if he is calling it forward it was f**kin forward
It wasn’t even close. It was a mile forward. The only reason anyone is talking about it is because RTS threw it and it would have won them the game (had he have thrown it backwards).

Last edited:

IFR33K

Coach

Seriously, he is hopeless. I sit behind the posts so get to watch him in action and he would have made nearly a dozen incorrect calls that threw out our numbers in the first half.

Seriously, dichead - it's easy. Count the f**king short side as the tackle is being finalised and point accordingly. Yet, he doesn't do it, and the third man in gets up and looks to Gutho as he is running back so he knows which way to go, and Gutho just points in a random direction.

Interesting points.

On another note, good to see Kearney has moved on from “the lads”.

Happy MEel

First Grade
I think Kaufusi deserves a small wrap. Thought he played well whilst he was on. Checked his stats and in a short stint of 16 minutes he had 5 runs for 51m and 11 tackles with no misses. Definitely worth persisting with in first grade.

He offers far more than Tep (who is also leaving at the end of the year).

IFR33K

Coach
Is there stats on how many times we’ve been striped one on one? I don’t recall other teams getting striped like us.

hindy111

Post Whore

Be very carefull. I mentioned he needs to work on his defense as its bottom 5 of fullbacks in comp and the huggers got put the pitch forks and turned on me.
I agree. His defense needs work big time.

Gronk

Staff member

Best on ground for setting the defence and organising attack was Stacey Jones. The little fat f**k spent 80 mins in the Warriors backline.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Be very carefull. I mentioned he needs to work on his defense as its bottom 5 of fullbacks in comp and the huggers got put the pitch forks and turned on me.
I agree. His defense needs work big time.
That never happened. You've been drinking Pine O Clean again.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
A lucky win for mine. I would have been happy if RTS's pass was ruled OK. Nothing went the Warriors way and I feel like they were the better side.

That said, f**k the Warriors eyes.

chiefy1

Juniors
I think Kaufusi deserves a small wrap. Thought he played well whilst he was on. Checked his stats and in a short stint of 16 minutes he had 5 runs for 51m and 11 tackles with no misses. Definitely worth persisting with in first grade.

He offers far more than Tep (who is also leaving at the end of the year).

Im betting Kaufusi gets dropped for Peni's - for mine Gower should make way. Gower looks tired of late and is making little impact

Gronk

Staff member
That Reading the Play merkin is *still* death riding us on twitter. FMD he’ll put @Glenneel out of a job soon.

Latest posts