What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd19: Parramatta v Warriors LIVE GAME DAY thread 27/7/19

Gronk

Staff member
I just rewatched the match. Had a semifinal feel about it. Good grinding win.

hindy111

Post Whore

I felt like that at the game. The warriors put in for 80mins and where far more intense.
We didnt get warm and up to the level untill 2nd half where we where the better side.
Great game of footy

Wally21

Bench
The [NZ] TAB has refunded $44,000 worth of bets on the Warriors in the wake of the Kiwi NRL club's controversial defeat to Parramatta on Saturday.

The Warriors were denied what would have been a spectacular match-winning try in the dying stages after the referees ruled Roger Tuiavsa-Sheck's flick pass to have gone forward.

The visitors were also on the wrong end of a 9-2 penalty count, with the Eels not conceding a penalty between the ninth and 80th-minute.

A message on the TAB website said the bookmaker had decided to refund all head-to-head bets on the Warriors, labelling it a "justice payout".

"A disgraceful officiating decision has denied the NZ Warriors a thoroughly deserved victory against the Parramatta Eels," the statement said. "Usually it would be "Bets Gone Warriors", but not this time. We have refunded all head-to-head bets placed on the Warriors in this game."

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/leagu...sgraceful-officiating-decision-in-eels-defeat
I love how every article I have read about yesterday’s game, has no mention of the two tries they scored, on the back of what were absolute blatant knock on’s... seriously... seems to prove the theory that often journalists read each other’s crap and write a story based on that, rather than have watched the game and come up with an independent viewpoint. #fakenews

Kornstar

Coach
A lucky win for mine. I would have been happy if RTS's pass was ruled OK. Nothing went the Warriors way and I feel like they were the better side.

That said, f**k the Warriors eyes.

I thought the Warriors were the better team but they certainly didn't get the rub of the green. I was sitting on a great angle for that RTS try and it was 100% forward. Just because the referees miss those forward passes 90% of the time, it doesn't mean they should be lynched when they actually call it correctly!

The Gutho strip was the only dodgy call that went against them, we had at least 5 against us and no one seemed to give a shit.......maybe because it is a weekly occurrence?

Our defence is still diabolical and our inability to chase hard for kicks and pressure the opposition are big issues. We don't appear to enjoy the collision, which is bizarre for a collision sport........

Kornstar

Coach
Be very carefull. I mentioned he needs to work on his defense as its bottom 5 of fullbacks in comp and the huggers got put the pitch forks and turned on me.
I agree. His defense needs work big time.

You're examples come from when he misses a single tackle, then people point out to you when a Turbo or Tedesco do the exact same thing.

Being shit at organising the line of defence and actual defence are 2 different things. You are smarter than that and HJ said not one thing about Gutho's actual defence and you still tell him you agree that his defence needs work.........

I think you are harsh on Gutho to be edgy or something, or maybe it is because your Panthers don't have an established fullback at the moment?

Glenneel

Bench
Be very carefull. I mentioned he needs to work on his defense as its bottom 5 of fullbacks in comp and the huggers got put the pitch forks and turned on me.
I agree. His defense needs work big time.
Never seems in position to help stop a try being scored, particularly out wide, why is that?

Glenneel

Bench
That Reading the Play merkin is *still* death riding us on twitter. FMD he’ll put @Glenneel out of a job soon.

Where are the mods, ban this imposter. I don't death ride our team but point out its obvious flaws. Flaws that a decent coach can see and should fix up, but 2 years later they are still there. We have the makings of a great backline held back by poor forwards.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Never seems in position to help stop a try being scored, particularly out wide, why is that?
Because he’s usually needed on the other side of the field from the previous play. If merkins did their job in the defensive line, Gutho wouldn’t need to be involved in these previous plays and may have a better chance of covering the edges.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
That Reading the Play merkin is *still* death riding us on twitter. FMD he’ll put @Glenneel out of a job soon.

Seven of the current NRL coaches have a winning record against Brad Arthur:

80% Brown
75% Bellamy
71% Robinson
70% Stuart
67% Bennett
67% Green
67% Seibold

These coaches have won (and lost) half their games against him:

50% Kearney
50% Morris

And these are loosers vs Arthur's:

44% Hasler
40% Maguire
33% Pay
30% Cleary
14% McGregor

hindy111

Post Whore
You're examples come from when he misses a single tackle, then people point out to you when a Turbo or Tedesco do the exact same thing.

Being shit at organising the line of defence and actual defence are 2 different things. You are smarter than that and HJ said not one thing about Gutho's actual defence and you still tell him you agree that his defence needs work.........

I think you are harsh on Gutho to be edgy or something, or maybe it is because your Panthers don't have an established fullback at the moment?

Dylan Edward's is a far better defender but his attack isnt nrl level.
Luke's try from dummy half shows Guthersons defenss close to line. He stand far too upright and needs to drive and stay lower when defending close to line.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
We weren't nearly as bad as one would assume from reading this thread. And the forward pack had a some very good contributions. I thought Paulo Evans and Brown were great. Alvaro was solid. I deliberately watched him the whole time he was on. Kaufusi also good in limited minutes.

hindy111

Post Whore
We weren't nearly as bad as one would assume from reading this thread. And the forward pack had a some very good contributions. I thought Paulo Evans and Brown were great. Alvaro was solid. I deliberately watched him the whole time he was on. Kaufusi also good in limited minutes.

Tepai also made his normal 30mtrs.
Gower was ok. Bit sluggish but good enough

Kornstar

Coach
Dylan Edward's is a far better defender but his attack isnt nrl level.
Luke's try from dummy half shows Guthersons defenss close to line. He stand far too upright and needs to drive and stay lower when defending close to line.

I would love for you to show me some of this greatness from Edwards?

Gronk

Staff member
Oregon needs more game time. Id like him to feel more comfortable out there and start running with some purpose and venom. Needs to ditch the pointless upper body shimmy too. He has Stefano on his heels now and after yesterday might lose his spot.

Latest posts