What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Semi Radradra

Hard Yards

Juniors
His asking price will not be cheap, and the Eels will probably make a strong play, however he is a match winner and would solve a lot of our problems, we would probably have to let several name players go, but so be it, Nene McDonald ( subject to injury ) as his opposite wing partner would be a quality pairing.

thebigredv

First Grade
His asking price will not be cheap, and the Eels will probably make a strong play, however he is a match winner and would solve a lot of our problems, we would probably have to let several name players go, but so be it, Nene McDonald ( subject to injury ) as his opposite wing partner would be a quality pairing.

I'm also more positive than others about the idea of getting Nene back, assuming he's right legally and physically to play. Would need to be on the proviso his contract was even less $ than before.

I'd also fork out big for Semi personally but there's a few barriers in the way of even having a shot as I understand he is not even wanting a return to NRL.

possm

Coach
Coaching debacle aside, I'd be happy to pay big, big money for Semi. He is practically worth two players and is a point scoring machine.

All a dream though as I understand we are a financial mess for next year's cap. More joy coming our way.
Will someone tell me this is not a Millward mess.

possm

Coach
I'm also more positive than others about the idea of getting Nene back, assuming he's right legally and physically to play. Would need to be on the proviso his contract was even less $ than before.

I'd also fork out big for Semi personally but there's a few barriers in the way of even having a shot as I understand he is not even wanting a return to NRL.
Surely, our priority should be to sign a fullback/centre. We have Saab on one wing and I believe if we have a good coach for 2020, Ravalawa would make a good centre/winger.

I believe that a top grade fullback, a top grade prop together with a new coaching staff would be all we need. De Belin being cleared to play and then found not guilty would be cream on top.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
900k for a new coach.

Hopefully the new coach is state of the art, late model, is not averse to new, youthful passengers getting on board and can navigate difficult terrain. Three year warranty with provision for replacement should performance not be up to scratch.

Gareth67

First Grade
Will someone tell me this is not a Millward mess.

Poor ole possum , mate haven’t you worked it out yet ? Our old boys club in the boardroom signed Mr. Millward to do the cheapest possible deals with the cheapest possible players - journeymen whom were at the very latter stages of their stellar (?) careers.

There have certainly been a number of exceptions to this rule - Widdop - Graham - Norman and we can’t leave out big Mose Masoe ( who never played a single 1st grade match ) , but essentially it has always been about spending as little money as possible and staying within the salary cap ( which by the way the Dragons would be one of only a handful of teams to do that - not mentioning any names beginning with M or R or B of course .

So matey you need to allow Millward just a little bit of slack - just try to think of it as going to the local supermarket not only with a budget to spend , but also one which has most of its shelves empty .

Last edited:

Warabrook saint

Juniors
Poor ole possum , mate haven’t you worked it out yet ? Our old boys club in the boardroom signed Mr. Millward to do the cheapest possible deals with the cheapest possible players - journeymen whom were at the very latter stages of their stellar (?) careers.

There have certainly been a number of exceptions to this rule - Widdop - Graham - Norman and we can’t leave out big Mose Masoe ( who never played a single 1st grade match ) , but essentially it has always been about spending as little as possible
and staying within the salary cap ( which by the way the Dragons would be one of only a handful of teams to do that - not mentioning any names beginning with M or R or B of course .

So matey you need to allow Millward just a little bit of slack - just try to think of it as going to the local supermarket not only with a budget to spend , but also one which has most of its shelves empty .
Yep pretty much that or the reject shop

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I’d love Semi, I think wingers in the way the game is played atm are one of the most valuable players. Look at the difference Fergo made to the blues.

possm

Coach
I’d love Semi, I think wingers in the way the game is played atm are one of the most valuable players. Look at the difference Fergo made to the blues.
I could live with a Saab/Sami wing combination however, it has been rumoured that we are over the cap and we are still short:
Fullback
Left Centre
Prop
Lock

hazzbeen

Bench
We had a good winger at the club , R Garrick going from strength to strength but never got a chance to play , like we were full with wingers .... The kid is killing it with Manly and can kick goals , but our mob couldn't identify his talent where others on this forum knew the kid could play .....

thebigredv

First Grade
We had a good winger at the club , R Garrick going from strength to strength but never got a chance to play , like we were full with wingers .... The kid is killing it with Manly and can kick goals , but our mob couldn't identify his talent where others on this forum knew the kid could play .....

You do realise he scores some of those tries from kicks. Do they even count?

Latest posts