What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 20 vs Eels

blacksafake

First Grade
He singled out Hunt because he was abysmal and considering his pay rate he should be doing much better for us.
I am no Gould fan but he is correct in his criticism of Hunt because the mistakes he makes are appallingly bad and most are quite simple.
The trouble is, it looks biased when he doesn't also offer criticism of others who rightfully deserve it e.g. Tariq Sims, Lafai, Aitken etc but just because he doesn't do that, doesn't make his criticism of Hunt incorrect.
I didn’t say it was incorrect I was just pointing out that imo his attack was premeditated & focused solely on Hunt. You’re correct in saying he wasn’t good but he’s certainly not Robinson Crusoe & Gould failed to mention others or even the use of the bench by L plate, particularly using Dufty for 3 minutes.

Lovemedragons

Juniors
Ben Hunt deserves criticism.
He should have played last week and he definitely should have stood up this week after the rest.
He was terrible and I can only surmise that his head isn't in the game.
It is a huge concern for our club that we now have our next few years invested heavily in Hunt who has these significant ups and downs in confidence, as well as Norman who just isn't making much of a difference at all. Am I being too pessimistic or can it all change under different circumstances?

Crush

Coach
It is a huge concern for our club that we now have our next few years invested heavily in Hunt who has these significant ups and downs in confidence, as well as Norman who just isn't making much of a difference at all. Am I being too pessimistic or can it all change under different circumstances?
It can all change with the right coach.
But we know that won't happen. If they do sack McGregor at some stage they won't be bringing in a gifted coach. It'll be someone like Barrett.
Cricket starts this Thursday, I'll be focusing on the ashes until this season is over. Ricky Stuarts Raiders will probably win the comp just to really make it the most miserable competition of all time.

Crush

Coach
FACT...he wanted to play last week...McGregor told him to have the week off....
That doesn't make sense to me.
McGregor historically has always listened to his players when it comes to resting, why not in this case?

BLM01

First Grade
That doesn't make sense to me.
McGregor historically has always listened to his players when it comes to resting, why not in this case?
As I said before Mary speak..."take the week off"....translation... "dropped from the 17"...same happened for Mika last weekend. Who will it be this week?.

possm

Coach
Mate I’m not talking about getting RedV membership. I’m talking about getting leagues club membership. It’s completely different.
Leagues club membership does not transfer to the football club, however, it grants you voting rights for three positions on the football club’s board.
In my opinion that is the problem. Our football club should be SGI and full membership of SGI should include Red V member benefits and the right to vote on at least half the Board membership each year.

qld redvee

Juniors
this has probably been done to death BUT surely a reporter could pick up on the failed bench rotation from friday .. Graham plays 60 straight only to be replaced by Kerr for about 5 minutes and then back on , Duffty to win the game with 4 to go then is stopped until widdop kicks the penalty so now hes on gor about 2 .. Korbin I think got 1 stint ? kerr 5 minutes So wow we really gave our players good rotation .. duty of care re health of players - joke graham needed oxygen and a golf cart by the end of game ..
And will Lomax feel the reserves list as winger is not his go will be interesting to see the changes for another must win game !!

getsmarty

Immortal
As I said before Mary speak..."take the week off"....translation... "dropped from the 17"...same happened for Mika last weekend. Who will it be this week?.

Stop the Negative comments....

serveimage

Anon

Bench
I’d hate to be playing the warriors this week. Sure to get looked after, but I’m certainly not expecting the Eels to be more closely scrutinised after being kissed on the dick last week since we’re playing them.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
For what its worth, my team for this week:

1. Norman
2. Saab
3. Aitken
4. Lomax
5. Ravalawa
6. Widdop
7. Hunt
8. Lawrie
9. McInnes
10. Vaughan
11. Friz
12. Ford
13. Graham
14. Timm
15. K. Sims
16. Leilua
17. Dufty

I'm giving T. Sims a rest, he's either busted or has his mind on other things atm.
Lafai has been too disappointing in recent weeks and I though Aitken (who I'm no fan of) had a decent game last week.

j0nesy

Bench
In my opinion that is the problem. Our football club should be SGI and full membership of SGI should include Red V member benefits and the right to vote on at least half the Board membership each year.
Agree that RedV members should have voting rights. All you get for RedV membership is a reserve seat and a bit of random paraphernalia each year. Far more valuable to pay $65 for 5 years St George leagues membership and have voting rights, and buy tickets to the games you can attend.

Now I wonder why the club wouldn’t bump up RedV membership by say $20 per year and include membership to St George leagues in that? Can anyone think of any reason for that?