What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

Oldmate

Juniors
Maybe if George goes to Wigan we can bring back on a cheaper deal our own junior in Gabe Hamlin, been plying his trade there since graduating from NYC and could be a good depth piece
I would have agreed with you had he not been banned for performance enhancers a couple months ago. Loved the way that boy played and was sad to see him go.

assess5

Juniors
George Burgess has signed a 3 year deal with Wigan reports BBC Sport and SkySports.
I am really pleased that things have turned out so well for G Burgess, a good, three year contract will see out his playing days, in England and he won't have to play against his bros. which might have caused problems had he signed with another NRL club.

Well done George and good luck.

callmack1

Staff member
George Burgess to depart at Season's end: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2019/07/29/george-burgess-signs-with-wigan/

I'm really not sure how to feel about this to be honest. I absolutely love George because of what he has done for us in the past. At the peak of his powers, he was the best prop in the game. He did so many amazing things for us over his time with the club and his try in the Grand Final is something that will always be in the hearts of every Souths fan. I believe that try is a big reason why we won that Premiership. So on the one hand, I'll be very sad to see him go.

However, the reality is that he has been awful this year. He showed some promise last year but its all fallen away since then sadly. he struggled in Seasons 2016 and 2017 too. He really hasn't provided much this year at all, his mind doesn't seem to be there anymore. His fall from grace is just really sad. So yea, there's another part of me that will be a bit relieved to see him go.

I dunno, it's a weird one. Very mixed emotions. Either way, I thank him for his huge contribution to our club and I wish him all the best. I'll never forget him.

callmack1

Staff member
Tracey appears to be gone next year according to Sporting News NRL Leaks,

Connor Tracey to return to Cronulla

Rabbitohs half Connor Tracey has told friends he's heading home to his junior club, Cronulla.

One of the most talented halves coming through the juniors only a few years ago, Tracey played in the same 2014 Australian Schoolboys side as Latrell Mitchell, Jayden Brailey, Hame Sele, Jacob Liddle and Luciano Leilua.

However, his burgeoning career has been rocked by three knee reconstructions.

On the comeback trail this season with the Rabbitohs, Tracey, 23, has been a standout in the Canterbury Cup.

Named 18th man for tomorrow night's clash, ironically against the Sharks, Tracey has been forced to bide his time behind Cody Walker and Adam Reynolds in recent times with just two NRL starts this year.

Boasting a sharp kicking-game, pass and speed, Tracey's round 12 performance against Newcastle saw him run for more metres than any other player.

The De La Salle local junior will leave Redfern for the Shire at the end of this season and is a direct replacement for the Roosters-bound Kyle Flanagan.

callmack1

Staff member

BradS

Juniors
I hope it’s only a glitch but it seems the other top 8 teams are more hungry for the premiership than us

Don’t know where to place the finger but the boys just can’t get out of second gear

handyman2190

Bench
I hope it’s only a glitch but it seems the other top 8 teams are more hungry for the premiership than us

Don’t know where to place the finger but the boys just can’t get out of second gear
I dont know why we have an origin forward on the bench for most of the game and sua playing cup

handyman2190

Bench
I dont know why after signing tracy and paying him, who for 2 years couldnt play because of knee problems, but showed enough to convince me he has talent and speed, we let him go back to cronulla, Our cup team is coming first , he has been playing good, we nurture,pay, then give back,saving cronulla 2 years of paying for nothing.
I dont agree

I dont know why after signing tracy and paying him, who for 2 years couldnt play because of knee problems, but showed enough to convince me he has talent and speed, we let him go back to cronulla, Our cup team is coming first , he has been playing good, we nurture,pay, then give back,saving cronulla 2 years of paying for nothing.
I dont agree

Not good enough for first grade unfortunately. Would rather get rid of him and upgrade an up and comer like Taafe. Johns has shown enough imo that he could slot into that 5/8 spot in reserve grade permanently.

callmack1

Staff member
Judiciary Update Round 21 - Sam Burgess: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2019/08/04/sam-burgess-judiciary-update/

Good call by Sam and the club to fight the charge and man, oh man I hope he is successful. What's the bet he won't be though. He's a Souths player, one of our best, and I bet the NRL will make any excuse at all to suspend him. They always do.

It really angers me because once again, the inconsistency has shown. Manu Ma'u was only charged with a grade 1 careless high tackle and I reckon his was worse then Sam's. Yet, Sam gets a grade 2?!! It's absolute bullshit and I'd be using Ma'u's incident as an example in his fight to get it downgraded.

Latest posts