What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spoon race - 2019

Wooden spooners 2019

• Total voters

grouch

First Grade
Three teams in contention with six rounds to go

Titans - 10 pts (-135)
Bulldogs - 12 pts (-184)
Dragons - 14 pts (-104)

Bulldogs were my clear tip before the season started to win the spoon and tbh they've done well to nab 5 wins this year. In the run home they face a couple of teams outside the top eight - both they've beaten this year (Cowboys and Tigers). For and against is a huge problem

The Dragons boast the worst coach in the comp and could very conceivably fall off a cliff and lose every game once they are ruled out of mathematical finals contention.

Titans have been awful and their run home includes the Roosters and Storm, but they also play the Dragons twice. Big chance to leapfrog there, with a potential spoon-deciding match between them in round 25?

The Marshall

Juniors
I think the Dragons are safe but it's too close to call between the Dogs and Titans. If the Dogs get one more win I think they'll avoid it but I'm not sure if they will do that. The two Titans/Dragons games will be the go a long way to deciding it.

I think the Titans will win one and it will come down to for and against with the Dogs. The Dogs seem to have tightened up their defence some what in recent weeks (in spoon contender standards) while the Titans have started to copping blow outs. So I'm going with the Titans.

Last edited:

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
The Dogs will rally enough to avoid it you would think. The Tits by comparison are treating Ash Taylor and an unproven Super League coach as their great saviors....

to_ddeath

Coach
Only thing that can stop us is playing the Tits twice...it’s ours for certain if we’d either played them once or not at all in these last several weeks.

TheFrog

Coach
Titans not beyond jagging a win at some stage but likewise Bulldogs. It looks the Titans' to lose. Their caretaker coach, whose name I don't even remember, inspires zero confidence.

The Marshall

Juniors
That Dogs win has probably got them out of spoon contention now. Those 2 Dragons/Titans games get very interesting now!

Jean Capdouze

Juniors
If the St George Illawarra Dragons get the wooden spoon, Paul “Mary” McGregor won’t be the coach next year.

Warriorsoul

Juniors
Warriors aren't in the running mathematically? We have to play Sea Eagles, Roosters, Sharks, Rabbitohs and Raiders again. Watching Friday nights bedwetting, I can see us realistically picking up zero points from here out.

Id do the sums and figure it out but I'm so very,very tired of the Warriors this year and can't be bothered.

Latest posts