What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks playing at kogarah

Gareth67

First Grade
I nearly fell off my favorite old leather chair and as usual knocked my hot cup of Lan Choo tea all over Ethel’s cat( :))when I read this - the gummies wanting to take over our ancestral home ground.

This is where the real greats of rugby league played Provan , Clay , Gasneir , Raper and Langlands , Smith , King , Kearney , Wilson and on you could go . No bluudy way , tell em to puss off to the Rorters home ground , after all they have a lot in common and could share a latte or two together.

blacksafake

First Grade
I nearly fell off my favorite old leather chair and as usual knocked my hot cup of Lan Choo tea all over Ethel’s cat( :))when I read this - the gummies wanting to take over our ancestral home ground.

This is where the real greats of rugby league played Provan , Clay , Gasneir , Raper and Langlands , Smith , King , Kearney , Wilson and on you could go . No bluudy way , tell em to puss off to the Rorters home ground , after all they have a lot in common and could share a latte or two together.
Come on now Gareth you know that we all should look out for our neighbours & help out if necessary :rolling_eyes::grin:.
Hope Ethel’s cat is ok. BTW I’m a Bushells man myself:blush:

gorilla

First Grade
Booooo. Stay on the toxic swamp.

I think Jubilee is owned by Georges River Council, so they'd be getting the coin.

The grounds are owned by NSW government. Council is the manager of the Crown land, leading to club (dunno footy or leagues).

Council needs to do a new plan if management to authorize any uses or ne agreements.

possm

Coach
Should've known when we gave Jubilee a stupid-sounding name the Sharks would wanna start playing there
Just another step for St George towards reclaiming our district. First step was conquering Illawarra by first joining with them and then nabbing WIN Corp to buy out their shares. Leaving St George as the single rugby league entity controlling the St George / Illawarra Districts.

The next takeover will be Cronulla which will complete the project of returning our former District to St George. This will be supported by the NRL who want to reduce the number of Sydney clubs participating in the NRL competition.

I look forward to seeing the St George Super Club (SSC), fielding 3 feeder clubs in the NSW competition St George, Cronulla and Illawarra. SSC sharing home games between the three venues.

Now it is time for the cleanout, This is a necessary measure to continue into the future as a successful super club. I can see the day when we and our partners actually own and further develop - with the assistance of Government grants - our 3 home grounds.

Just imagine Kogarah Oval being developed into a modern day Suncorp Stadium that has a retracting roof - the only stadium in NSW so close to the airport that is completely weather proof. With it's own bus station, rail station and car parking station built underground with tunnelled connections to the highway and main rail infrastructure.

Last edited:

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Just another step for St George towards reclaiming our district. First step was conquering Illawarra by first joining with them and then nabbing WIN Corp to buy out their shares. Leaving St George as the single rugby league entity controlling the St George / Illawarra Districts.

The next takeover will be Cronulla which will complete the project of returning our former District to St George. This will be supported by the NRL who want to reduce the number of Sydney clubs participating in the NRL competition.

I look forward to seeing the St George Super Club (SSC), fielding 3 feeder clubs in the NSW competition St George, Cronulla and Illawarra. SSC sharing home games between the three venues.

Now it is time for the cleanout, This is a necessary measure to continue into the future as a successful super club. I can see the day when we and our partners actually own and further develop - with the assistance of Government grants - our 3 home grounds.

Just imagine Kogarah Oval being developed into a modern day Suncorp Stadium that has a retracting roof - the only stadium in NSW so close to the airport that is completely weather proof. With it's own bus station, rail station and car parking station built underground with tunnelled connections to the highway and main rail infrastructure.
Ummm.....I think you left out the spaceship parking station planned for Jubilee Ave. Only when you have catered for your fans on the moon can you claim to be a genuine super club. On a serious note...I believe that the main concern of the Georges River Council of the Sharks playing out of Kogarah is whether or not the ground will stand up to the extra workload expected in September. I guess I must be in the minority of Sharks fans regarding the move to Kogarah.... I quite like the idea of hearing Up Up Cronulla blaring as we farewell the "locals" after the derby at Kogarah next year.

to_ddeath

Coach
Ummm.....I think you left out the spaceship parking station planned for Jubilee Ave. Only when you have catered for your fans on the moon can you claim to be a genuine super club. On a serious note...I believe that the main concern of the Georges River Council of the Sharks playing out of Kogarah is whether or not the ground will stand up to the extra workload expected in September. I guess I must be in the minority of Sharks fans regarding the move to Kogarah.... I quite like the idea of hearing Up Up Cronulla blaring as we farewell the "locals" after the derby at Kogarah next year.

2018...Dragons Year would be equally as dumb a username as yours.
‘....Please check the number and try again....’

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
There are only so many times a team can get caught using performance enhancing drugs and cheating the salary cap before they get swallowed up by the saints. Can’t wait to see that pimple on our arse popped.

I think this is pretty much the death knell for the St George component of the JV.

"The Dragons"TM already play only 4 or 5 times a year at their traditional, nicely appointed "boutique" suburban ground. In come the Scum for two years while they renovate their cesspit. Meanwhile, "The Dragons" TM are off playing at Wollongong, Homebush, Mudgee, El Dorado and wherever the f*** else the board or their NRL masters deem suitable. People in the St George district who want to watch a game of football head down to Jubilee to watch the Sharkies cos at least it's just down the road and not a flight or two hours drive and I suppose after a while you get used to the stench.
End result - St George becomes Cronulla.

St George as we knew it died in 1998. The ghostly simulacrum that has haunted us since then is a dispirited hulk that hasn't been the same since the Super League "war" when it was promised the Earth by Super League and ARL alike and got nothing but the rough end of the pineapple shoved so far up us that the crown looks like a hairdo.

Gareth67

First Grade
Come on now Gareth you know that we all should look out for our neighbours & help out if necessary :rolling_eyes::grin:.
Hope Ethel’s cat is ok. BTW I’m a Bushells man myself:blush:

Apologies old mate for taking so long to answer your post, but I am afraid that my Ethel did take exception to her poor Mitzi having hot tea spilled over her and I have only just now recovered my strength to reply :relaxed: .

Nothing wrong with a good cup of Bushells neither and yes perhaps you are right in as much as being kind to our close neighbors , it’s just the thought of having them play on such hallowed turf such as Kogarah - then again they may pay enough rent to our mob so as we can buy a half decent player during the off-season. Enjoy your weekend.

Last edited:

FlameThrower

Bench
My thoughts on this are.
1- makes sense for Sharks as this is closest ground to the Shire so less travel for their fans.
2- Dragons crowd numbers have been disappointing- The Council would like to see these venues used fully.
3- Dragons are nomads with Kogarah, Gong, Mudgee and SCG ‘home games’ not giving us any home ground advantage.
4- I’m also concerned that with Dragons, Sharks and Sydney FC all playing there the ground can cope with the wear and tear?
5- How embarrassing will it be if Sharks get more crowds at Kogarah than the Dragons in next 2 years.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
All the Dragons fans in Kogarah should once the draw is announced to go Lowes and buy one of every knockoff opposition jersey that is playing the sharks and rock up at every game and absolutely roast the sharks.

smart move. get our crowd average up. cheers guys

there isn't any major works planned for that facility in the next couple years is there?

My thoughts on this are.
1- makes sense for Sharks as this is closest ground to the Shire so less travel for their fans.
2- Dragons crowd numbers have been disappointing- The Council would like to see these venues used fully.
3- Dragons are nomads with Kogarah, Gong, Mudgee and SCG ‘home games’ not giving us any home ground advantage.
4- I’m also concerned that with Dragons, Sharks and Sydney FC all playing there the ground can cope with the wear and tear?
5- How embarrassing will it be if Sharks get more crowds at Kogarah than the Dragons in next 2 years.

1. it really depends on the financials. if its more money at bankwest we should play there or win or whatever It doesn't matter.
2. its 16-18 games a season and who cares about a league. itll be sweet.
5. i dont think that matters to st george. if we have a better side, and win more games you would think our crowds would be relatively the same as what they are.
our averages aren't that different

what will be interesting, is if we play on say sundat 4pm at Kogarah and you guys are at 2pm at win. see the crowd difference etc

I believe our "home" derbies will be at Bankwest