What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

TheRam

Coach
Damn you Cowboys, now we won't get him as cheap as we could have if we get him at all.

Damn you and Matt Fu*king Scott.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
It’s no secret Parramatta are after Melbourne's Queensland prop Christian Welch next season.

However the first offer they recently put to him has been rejected, with the forward looking for in excess of $500,000 a season.

Under new management, the Eels have shown they won’t pay more than what they want to - as was evident in the protracted negotiations with skipper Clint Gutherson.

remote.axd

Dragons v Eels - Round 20

Also a factor in what they offer Welch is their recent interest in Panthers forward Reagan Campbell-Gillard. The club has identified the front row position as their priority and are willing to pay around $600,000-$700,000 for Campbell-Gillard.

However he is on a deal with the Panthers worth around $900,000 for five more years, leaving Penrith to cover the gap.

While Penrith have previously discussed the idea of releasing the former international, they now find themselves in finals contention and don’t want this to become a distraction, especially given Campbell-Gillard’s improved form over the last month.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/08/01...ven-permission-to-negotiate-with-rival-clubs/

Incorrect

Coach
So what do we think Felch is worth?? 450? 475? 501?
He's not completely setting the world on fire, and given I'd speculate he's on no more than 200K at the moment, I think 400 to 450 is quite generous. Potential is there no doubt. I would offer around the 420K with bonuses to kick in if he continues to be selected for rep honours... Which is actually counter intuitive as you end up paying more for less club games, although with the new Origin scheduling players only miss 1 game for their club....