What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do we make the 8?

Hoofhearted

Juniors
My one big hope is that this is the time of year where coaches like Madge seem to pay dividends, an intense defensive based style of coaching is what seems to win the tight games at the end of the year. We have never struggled to win games at the end of the year, problem has always been we have left our run to late in the past. The team has been reasonably stable the last month, only minor positional changes with Thompson injured and Moses playing origin, fingers crossed for a push to the finals.

west4ever

Juniors
We will be in the 8 after beating the cowboys, Broncos will lose to storm, sharks will lose to Rabbits, knights will lose to Manly.
8th Tigers 20 points
9th Broncos 19 points
10th Knights 18 points
11th Sharks 18 points
It will be up to the Tigers to stay in the 8, Tigers do have a easier run home than the teams behind us, in saying that every team we play will push us to the death, just have to keep winning, we do play the dogs the week after and that’s a must win.
Edit, Iv just checked the ladder, if the Dogs can beat Panther and what I said above we will be in 7th.

Last edited:

cerberus

Coach
We will be in the 8 after beating the cowboys, Broncos will lose to storm, sharks will lose to Rabbits, knights will lose to Manly.
8th Tigers 20 points
9th Broncos 19 points
10th Knights 18 points
11th Sharks 18 points
It will be up to the Tigers to stay in the 8, Tigers do have a easier run home than the teams behind us, in saying that every team we play will push us to the death, just have to keep winning, we do play the dogs the week after and that’s a must win.
Edit, Iv just checked the ladder, if the Dogs can beat Panther and what I said above we will be in 7th.
Wade graham is back .cronulla by 4.
Manly had a huge win and newcastle are given no chance . I bet they put the fear of des into manly

leaguelegend21

Juniors
Say it nice and slow fellas -

WE
WILL
MAKE
THE

We are speaking this into existence, a strategy I learnt from basketball helicopter parent LAVAR BALL.

BrotherJim05

Bench
If we absolutely put Cowboys to the sword then I reckon we are a chance in the 8. We need a big 30+ margin win while Broncos, Knights and Sharks all get toweled by their opponents.

Cowboys - Lecihhardt - I reckon we can win this
Dogs - ANZ - This will be the true test. We always seem to lose to the dogs when we should win.
Manly - Brookvale - Don't see us beating manly in brooky
Knights - Campbelltown - knights will be out for blood and have learnt there lesson. I would hope we could win but I could just see them crushing us in a fury of vengence
Dragons - SCG - Dragons are a rabble, we should be able to get one over them
Sharks - Leichhardt - Will be a close one but I reckon we can do it for Farah at Leichardt

Summary - I reckon we will lose to Manly and Knights but win all others

We can beat all of them. Do I have confidence that we can maintain the resolve to do it? f**k no.

Tigers Tale

Juniors
Yesterday I said we wouldn't make the 8 but I had another look and I reckon the only real chance we have is, without stating the obvious, is to beat the Cowboys and Dogs over the next two week and get our F/A as close to 0 as we can in those two games. Manly will be tough and while we may not win, as long as it isn't a blow out and we can keep the F/A reasonable we may pick up the necessary wins and then get a positive F/A in the last few rounds....we just can't afford any floggings.

Crazyperpman

Juniors
This is nobody here's first time at the rodeo.

If history is correct, we will start to lose, then win and it will come down to the final game at Leichhardt against the sharks and we will bottle it for a solid 9th.

But we all come back year after year hoping for a change so if Madge is the guy and this is the time, they need to dig and get it done, otherwise its just another year with minimal growth.

Tonight will go a long way to showing what will happen this year and I will be there with the rest of the eternal optimists hoping this is the year.

The unknown

Juniors
Short answer - No
Long answer - Noooooooooo

In saying that I'd love to be proven wrong. If I go with no I don't get as hurt come finals time....but I am 60 so I have seen this happen all before.

But hey, I'll still be cheering as loud as all of you lol.

Go WestsTigers

I feel ya mate, but TBH I reckon we have a better chance than last year - and we are probably playing better footy than this time last year

Last year at this stage we had Dragons twice, Rabbits twice, Canberra in Canberra and Dogs and we nearly shit it in

This year's draw is a thousand times easier in comparison

Also FTR this time last year we were 4 points outside the 8, and this time round we are only 1 point outside. A win tonight will see us go in

Last edited:

Tigers Tale

Juniors
The win against the Cowboys showed me two things. Firstly, yes we can maybe sneak into the 8 and second I love Leichhardt Oval and can't understand why we don't play there more often. The government is looking to develop a top flight ground in that area....put your hand up West Tigers.