What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mary safe. But Hornby and Young facing the axe

Coffs dragon

Bench
I'm sure they'll find some scapegoats other than Dean Young as he'll be a protected species c/o his Father! Ben Hornby & Matt Head will have their heads on the block along with Mick Crawley.
In the end it doesn't matter as the Board have backed the wrong Horse/Trainer.....Mary the Mule should be first out the door and then change the lock so he can't ever return!

I'm sure they'll find some scapegoats other than Dean Young as he'll be a protected species c/o his Father! Ben Hornby & Matt Head will have their heads on the block along with Mick Crawley.
In the end it doesn't matter as the Board have backed the wrong Horse/Trainer.....Mary the Mule should be first out the door and then change the lock so he can't ever return!
Just reminded me of someone...
upload_2019-8-2_10-34-9.jpeg

hazzbeen

Bench
Obviously this is absolutely unsurprising, Teflon McGregor is relentless at ensuring everyone but himself gets thrown under the bus.

However, I am very curious to see how the club and it's associated propaganda arms (The Mercury, Paul Crawley) spin this one, given that, so far, they've been adamant that coaching is not to blame for the shithouse season we've had this year. Apparently it's all been due to "above level distractions" and injuries. If that's true, then why change the coaching staff at all?

McGregor is a cancer. I feel bad for club legends Hornby and Young that they were collateral damage in this. If they aren't already completely ruined by him, then perhaps leaving the club might be the best thing for their coaching careers
The only thing I can think of , Mary is part owner of the JV ..... Or he has something on someone up the ladder ..... F**k them all this club has gone from being feared to the most predictable , under coached team in the NRL.......

Gareth67

First Grade
This article is just speculation so there's no use getting worked up about it yet. If the team don't win again this season then Mary will be sacked - I'm certain of it!

Speculation it may be , however someone has fed this information to the media ( they just dont make up stories :relaxed: ) so as to ensure the supporters that they , the J.V. take the criticisms of this season’s failures seriously and as such will leave no stone unturned until the appropriate corrective action has been taken - that is to their satisfaction .

Old Timer

Coach
Just media hype and intentional distraction to get us to focus on something else other than what is happening on the footy field.
The club is hoping they can continue on with a host of rumours so they can get to the offseason without too much scrutiny.
Can't imagine Albert allowing Dean to go under the wheels of the bus so IMO it is all BS.

merahputih

Juniors
Assuming there is fire behind this smoke this situation is in contrast to Steve Price's sacking in 2014. After a string of losses with an inferior roster to McGregor's, Price was hauled into Doust's office and asked for a please explain about the team's performances. Soon after he was apparently advised of his sacking and the terms of his payout before the board even met to discuss the matter. The first the players knew something was going on was when he didn't turn up to Jason Nightingale's engagement party that weekend.
I don't recall what happened to any of the lower grade coaches or support staff then but the coach sure was held responsible for the team performance. And who was waiting in the wings.......?

41yearsaint

Juniors
The old shuffle the deck trick. Someone should count the deck, pretty sure there are 53 cards in there.

Piss the joker off.

Many card games omit the card entirely; as a result, Jokers are often used as informal replacements for lost cards in a deck by simply noting the lost card's rank and suit on the joker. Other games, such as a 25-cardvariant of Euchre, make it one of the most important in the game.

Obviously the board love 25 card Euchre.

slippery5

Juniors
This is exactly what irks me about our players positive media conferences and what is wrong at our club...everything is all OK'

Brad Walter
"For the first time this season Dragons coach Paul McGregor has been able to select his strongest possible team"

My comments - Maryism Excuse 101 and its because Lats is back...go figure

Paul Vaughan
"The team was refusing to look further than their next game" - it was good to be able to compete with a top-four team like Souths".All you really ask when you are playing footy is for everyone to work for each other and that is what we want to do this weekend.”

My comments - competing aint enough in this game!
and focussing on next week and working for each other, that should be given each week, what were you guys focussing on before this?..that is a Mary coached side as he is calculating wins and losses to make the 8 from Round 1

Lomax
"Mary actually told us that last week was the first week he was able to pick whatever team he wanted for the whole year, so to lose in the last 15 or 20 seconds to a team who are running second is a confidence boost,”

My comments. Mary excusing himself to the masses again and the way you lost that game gives you confidence. I would of thought it would of dented your mind....close enough is good enough at our club

Tariq
"if we start focusing on those games in a couple of weeks it is not going to do us any good so I think getting that tunnel vision for this week’s game against Parramatta is good for us,” “I thought last week was a step in the right direction I think if we play to our potential we can go a long way.”

My comments - he is saying this stuff after Round 19, step in right direction, go a long way. Round 2 I would accept this and we have not played to our potential all year..FFS
Again it is clear to me they do not look 1 game ahead as Bellamy and Robbo publicly focus on when addressing their players
Mary soundls like he tells them what they could and should achieve down the track! and that is their focus
I must have been watching a different game, because all I saw, was a team beaten all over the park & were lucky they weren't behind by 20. We manage to lead for 62 seconds & then everyone thinks we matched it with a top 4 team.
Players are starting to be as bigger joke as the coach in believing they're not far away !!!!!!!!!

Gareth67

First Grade
I must have been watching a different game, because all I saw, was a team beaten all over the park & were lucky they weren't behind by 20. We manage to lead for 62 seconds & then everyone thinks we matched it with a top 4 team.
Players are starting to be as bigger joke as the coach in believing they're not far away !!!!!!!!!

I believe that they call that being ‘ brainwashed ‘ and let’s face facts , they have the very best in the NRL for that . I think it’s called ‘ Maryitis ‘ and it would appear that at least some of our players are in the advanced stages of it .

Latest posts