What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave's mate

Juniors
Have the Panthers ever managed to sign a genuine marquee signing though? I struggle to think of any. Maloney and Petero probably the most profile.
We payed Locky or JT money for Petero......worst signing in our history really. Ridiculous cash for a prop

franklin2323

Immortal
marquee players are tough to sign, but at minimum you make the current club pay more. So it’s worth making an offer.

Depends how you want the cap used.

We already have Cleary on Marquee money. Can you have 2?

Maloney money could get one as could RCG's money but then the squad is weak elsewhere. I'd prefer to spread it around

Panther FIRE

Juniors
I'm a fan of big, aggressive and mobile forward packs with plenty of mongrel. We lack aggression I think. With 700-800k in the bank I reckon we try and sign Christian Welch, Brandon Smith, Adam Blair (kinda past it I know) or one of the Saifiti's. Cleary and Luai can play off the back of our current pack plus one or two of those.

maple_69

Bench
Way I see it we have the below guys that I would be happy to back being a strong basis for a contender for the next few years. I think Naden is likely to become a rocks and diamonds centre or a quality winger.

2. Naden 3. Crichton 5. To’o 6. Luai/Burton 7. Cleary 8. Tamou 10. JFH 11. Yeo 12. Kikau 13. Blore 14. Egan 15. Leniu 16. Leota 17. Martin

Edwards and Kenny are doing great but they are the clear areas to accelerate this side to contention. If you can prize Turbo away for 8 x $1.25 I’d do it. Api for 3 x $600 do it. We shouldn’t have an issue moving Sauce, Edwards and Whare nor Reggie if we eat 1/200K. If we can get a top 5 player at 1/9 or a truly elite player outside that (Arrow) I think we try and make it happen and figure out what to do with Staines etc later.

Pomoz

Bench
Both great for depth. Though again the marquee player should be the first target. We have lost one in Maloney and RCG is on marquee money (Even though he isn't playing like that).

Add in losing strike power in DWZ and Blake. Depth signings have to be our second consideration right now.
There was no strike power in DWZ. He was a carthorse who scored 11 tries in his best season. Massively overrated as a winger.

We’ve never signed anyone from the top echelon of marquee guys, but we’ve had a few from the next step down.

Freeman
Gillmeister
Priddis
Preston Campbell
Civ
Merrin
Tamou

Last edited:

Fangs

Coach
There was no strike power in DWZ. He was a carthorse who scored 11 tries in his best season. Massively overrated as a winger.

I'd still consider him a quality player. International as well.

Point is we should be cashed up. Less talk about depth signings, more about marquee signings. This aint Panthers 2008.

Could argue Maloney. Was Australian 7 wasn't he?

Only reason I didn’t include him is he was more of a player swap than a straight signing.

Speaking of which, an official trade period would really benefit our club. With all our juniors we could use it as a way to bring in exoerienced talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts