What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is happening to LU

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
If only a moderator did something about it, eh?
The NRL forum isn't worth visiting anymore because the mods let it turn to shit.
If you pay me say $100 a day, I will personally sit in the NRL forum and ensure that it is run entirely to your liking and nobody elses.

Offer stands for anyone.

Clause 1.0 - payment up front.

leaguelegend21

Juniors
If you pay me say $100 a day, I will personally sit in the NRL forum and ensure that it is run entirely to your liking and nobody elses.

Offer stands for anyone.

Clause 1.0 - payment up front.

That would equate to $36,500 per annum, which is far more than the average joe is able to afford.

avocado

Juniors
I avoid this main forum because someone will start a thread for discussion and the majority of responses are just fools trying to be funny.

I stick to the Dragons forum and Jubilee Avenue.
Our team sucks dogs balls but at least there’s (mostly) mature adults in our forums.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
f**k off! I see plenty of mods posting in threads that have turned to shit and doing nothing about it. Half the time they're part of the problem.

If they can't see it or do something about it unprompted, why would we waste our time reporting it?
Better to spend that time whinging about something instead of helping to fix it.

Typical Gen Y

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
f**k off! I see plenty of mods posting in threads that have turned to shit and doing nothing about it. Half the time they're part of the problem.

If they can't see it or do something about it unprompted, why would we waste our time reporting it?
Because you want the forum to be a better place? Mods aren't and can't be everywhere.

Vee

First Grade
Better to spend that time whinging about something instead of helping to fix it.

Typical Gen Y
Because you want the forum to be a better place? Mods aren't and can't be everywhere.
Must've have both missed the part about mods being part of threads that've gone to shit and doing nothing about it. And the bit about being part of the problem.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Must've have both missed the part about mods being part of threads that've gone to shit and doing nothing about it. And the bit about being part of the problem.
"gone to shit" is fairly subjective.

Either way, "mods being part of it" (which isn't always going to be mods in that section btw, mods aren't universal), doesn't prevent you reporting it.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member

Controlling forum content is not what we are here for, free speech that doesn't breach our forum guidelines is always welcome.

We get all sorts and we don't moderate personalities.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
We're members first. We aren't going to dictate the tone or massage the direction of threads.

Being able to quote posts means you can have a serious conversation with anyone in any thread whenever you like.

tumbidragon

First Grade
Need some sort of independent LU commission. This should solve all of our problems in regards to the factional infighting amongst lol@souffers and the burrow brigade... And more women moderators to signal our virtue to all the other sporting forums!
Possibly move the Cronulla sub-forum to the expansion thread (Perth expansion to be exact) and need to get a second Brisbane sub-forum in ASAP!
Could always use more 'Sack Mary' threads, because 76 just isn't enough...

1 like=1 like.

Canard

Immortal
You think you guys have it tough!

After 2 decades of following the worst performing team in the NRL, and one decade on LU getting shat on daily, we finally got our moment in the sun in 2015.

So I promptly went an copped a 12 month ban for a "yo momma" post mere days out from the GF.

All that pent up gloating and revenge pissed away with a drunken shitpost....

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member

After 2 decades of following the worst performing team in the NRL, and one decade on LU getting shat on daily, we finally got our moment in the sun in 2015.

So I promptly went an copped a 12 month ban for a "yo momma" post mere days out from the GF.

Shit story 2/10

I got warned for putting a 2019 super league jersey on the 2019 rugby league jersey thread... apparently it can only be nrl jerseys....