What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 20 vs. Melbourne Storm Discussion

Big Pete

Referee
NRL 2019 - Round 20
Brisbane Broncos v Melbourne Storm
Suncorp Stadium, Milton (TICKETS)
Friday 2 August 2019

TL-BRI19.png

1. Anthony Milford
2. Corey Oates
3. Kotoni Staggs
4. Alex Glenn
5. Jamayne Isaako
6. Darius Boyd
7. Jake Turpin
8. Matthew Lodge
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Payne Haas
11. David Fifita
12. Matt Gillett
13. Thomas Flegler

Interchange
14. James Segeyaro
15. Joe Ofahengaue
16. Rhys Kennedy
17. Patty Carrigan

Reserves
18. Tom Dearden
19. Herbie Farnworth
20. Xavier Coates
21. Shaun Fensom

TL-MEL20.png

1. Jahrome Hughes
2. Suliasi Vunivalu
3. Will Chambers
4. Justin Olam
5. Josh Addo-Carr
6. Cameron Munster
7. Brodie Croft
8. Jesse Bromwich
9. Cameron Smith
10. Nelson Asofa-Solomona
11. Felise Kaufusi
12. Kenneath Bromwich
13. Dale Finucane

Interchange
14. Brandon Smith
15. Christian Welch
16. Joe Stimson
17. Ryan Papenhuyzen

Reserves
18. Marion Seve
19. Tui Kamikamica
20. Tino Faasuamaleaui
21. Sandor Earl​

Big Pete

Referee
Gut check time, it's difficult to see Brisbane winning but can they play their best football against the competition heavyweights?

Big Pete

Referee
Gillett sat out of Wednesday's training session.

According to NRL.com Glenn may shift back into the second row with Xavier Coates moving into the centres.

DeeJ

Bench
We are going to get pumped big time.

Also, if that rumor is true, how come Coates is ahead of Farnworth? I thought Farnworth was considered to be the better overall player.

Big Pete

Referee
We are going to get pumped big time.

Also, if that rumor is true, how come Coates is ahead of Farnworth? I thought Farnworth was considered to be the better overall player.

Coates is a natural centre while Farnworth is more comfortable playing on the wing. Farnworth is further along in his development, but Xavier is the bigger talent.

I prefer the idea of Dearden going to six and Boyd shifting out to the centres. However it sounds like Seibs is committed to the idea of Coates being in the 17 next year.

I wonder if we'll see the Oates and Coates combination happen? Or if they will move Staggs away from his preferred side.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
If you haven't been impressed by the Broncos the last 4 weeks, then you are really hard to impress.

In saying that, everything points to another lesson from the Storm. They love playing us, we still don't have real halves, and our enforcer Pangai is out suspended. Combined with Storm pretty close to full strength, we will do well to stay competitive.

We just need to put in and don't let the score line blow out, so as to not lose our confidence for the remainder of the season.

Big Pete

Referee
I don't think I've seen one side of the Broncos field have such a poor game since 2009. Turpin, Staggs and Isaako were beyond horrid tonight and just completely robbed Brisbane of any opportunity of getting into the game.

I actually thought there were some decent signs early. The defence was aiming up and shutting Melbourne down and then it just got ugly.

As I said before the game, this was gut-check time and 4-40 tells you everything about where this side is at. The season is over and you'd have to think the next few games will be about giving these players some experience heading into 2020.

Nerd

Bench
Well that sucked. Another Storm pumping. I can't wait for the day that Cameron Smith retires and the wheel turns and we put some big scores back on Melbourne.

DeeJ

Bench
Isaako is having such a terrible second season. Even his goal kicking is crap.

Anyway, it was a typical Melbourne game for the Broncos. I'm curious if Macca will be out next week, which means a shuffle and putting Dearden in the 7. I believe he is back to training now.

Nerd

Bench
Isaako is having such a terrible second season. Even his goal kicking is crap.

Anyway, it was a typical Melbourne game for the Broncos. I'm curious if Macca will be out next week, which means a shuffle and putting Dearden in the 7. I believe he is back to training now.
Dearden is playing for Wynnum this week so hopefully he comes back in next week, Turpin is pushed to 5/8 and Boyd into the centres or back into the Intrust cup where he belongs.

ram raid

Bench
Seibold put it well in the press conference. "When we get put under pressure, we stop playing as a team, and resort to one-out efforts"

Pablooo

Juniors
Seibold put it well in the press conference. "When we get put under pressure, we stop playing as a team, and resort to one-out efforts"

But wasn’t Seibold paid $1M to solve those problems. His post match press conferences are becoming hard to watch. He is running out of excuses and is struggling to find words to conceal how bad his team is performing.

ram raid

Bench
But wasn’t Seibold paid $1M to solve those problems. His post match press conferences are becoming hard to watch. He is running out of excuses and is struggling to find words to conceal how bad his team is performing.

Yes I agree he's making excuses.

Still I think he's a good coach, and the players are more to blame than him.

Nerd

Bench
Bugger looks like Dearden is out injured again. We are first week cannon fodder if we do make the semis so now is the time to blood a new young halfback.

Latest posts