What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who deserves the Dally M at your club?

nick87

Coach
After Round 12, it was CNK 10, Bateman 9, Papalii 7, Hodgson 5, Wighton 4, Whitehead 3.

They've all been playing well since.

On the Greenhouse, the scores as of last round are:
25 - Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad
17 - Josh Papalii
16 - Jack Wighton
16 - John Bateman
6 - Elliott Whitehead
5 - Bailey Simonsson
5 - Jarrod Croker
6 - Josh Hodgson
3 - Corey Horsburgh
2 - Joey Leilua
2 - Jordan Rapana
2 - Ryan Sutton
2 - Hudson Young
1 - Aidan Sezer

I’m afraid you’ve been duped, friend
The poster you’re responding to is a troll account

ReddFelon

Juniors
Jake Trbojevic
Curtis Sironen
Joel Thompson
Marty Taupau
Brad Parker
Manase Fainu

Dessie obviously coach of the year.

ByRd

First Grade
As a dogs fan I honestly have no clue, CHN probably or DWZ in his short time with us, sign some new players!

TheFrog

Coach
No-one will get near the Dally M, as usual, but James Fisher Harris is our best and would be favourite for the Merv. An elite and seriously underrated middle forward.

Josh Hodgson must be getting very close to winning it IMHO. And they should finally award Craig Gower the 2003 medal he richly deserves.

roofromoz

First Grade
No-one will get near the Dally M, as usual, but James Fisher Harris is our best and would be favourite for the Merv. An elite and seriously underrated middle forward.

Josh Hodgson must be getting very close to winning it IMHO. And they should finally award Craig Gower the 2003 medal he richly deserves.

They gave Steve Morris the Sally M he won in 1979 last year. That surely has set a precedent.

TheFrog

Coach
James Tedesco of course. He will be the Dally M full back of the year at minimum.
Seeing that Origin is not counted, I'd suggest Nicoll-Klokstad has just about got him covered for the fullback award. But these teams of the year are just who is the journo's favourite anyway and thus not all that highly respected. Just bloat, really, to fill out a TV telecast.

Valheru

Coach
Seeing that Origin is not counted, I'd suggest Nicoll-Klokstad has just about got him covered for the fullback award. But these teams of the year are just who is the journo's favourite anyway and thus not all that highly respected. Just bloat, really, to fill out a TV telecast.

You are probably right and that would be about as legitimate as Leilua getting centre of the year last year :joy:

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
You are probably right and that would be about as legitimate as Leilua getting centre of the year last year :joy:
At least that was because they changed the way positional awards are handed out. The bigger joke was Inglis getting 5/8th of the year in 2008 over Campo.

Not necessarily. When the leader board went behind closed doors, Tedesco was only 3 points from the lead - https://www.nrl.com/hall-of-fame/dally-m-awards/2019-leaderboard/