What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 20 vs Eels

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Agree with this. Other than Vaughan we are a small side. Think we need to do what. Storm did a few years ago in the same position, went out and found big, tall forwards and outside backs
Agree mate. No wonder teams roll right over us and we barely make 30 metres per set.

Bench
We know we are shot ducks and want this season over, I think the players have the same attitude.
I’m sure at the press conference McIdiot will push the players under a bus, none of our players deserved to get their match payments. Hunt and Norman are woeful, apart from Vaughn and Cam the rest of the forwards were pretty average. I will give Sims a pass after reading he has been carrying injuries all season and needs injections before each match.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Agree with this. Other than Vaughan we are a small side. Think we need to do what. Storm did a few years ago in the same position, went out and found big, tall forwards and outside backs

Ah yes, who can forget the “big hombre” mantra during the Price era?

Worked SUCH a treat.

I’ll politely point out that a new coach is urgently required BEFORE anything else.

Last edited:
We are pedestrian .. watching live, this is probably the worst I have seen us.

Culling seven players and three coaches will not be enough. It’s is a complete tear down and rebuild job.

The only interesting and thought provoking thing about today’s game .. was Nene MacDonald sitting near us at the Northern end chatting to dragon fans...

Gareth67

First Grade
Yes big Paul Vaughan at least tried - even with a dislocated finger he still tackled.

The result itself was expected another loss , so what’s in store for the team and supporters next season ? The same old crap once again and continued dissatisfaction with everything about our Dragons.

Wittenberg

Juniors
We were so average and Parramatta bordered on awful so I guess we were lucky. Losing Lomax was a blow but he would have sat on the bench for all but five minutes anyway. It is games like today that I forgive Dufty his weaknesses because we are pedestrian and apart from Rava now and again, we don’t threaten. Saab dropped a bomb that led to a try, Ravalawa dropped two kicks and don’t get me started on the Lafai / Aitken mistake filled combination. Yes Dufty makes mistakes, yes his defence is questionable, yes he can drop bombs, but he can score tries. Not many others in this side can.

See ya all in 2020... I’m done .. just can’t watch anymore this year.. hope they have a great off season and work out their shit...

Can you imagine if Mary had them scrape into the 8 next year (which they could do even if they were self coached), Johnston and the board would herald him as a messiah. Might even get another extension.

That's how far this great club has fallen.

Straight Shooter

jeffdragon

Bench
I went to the game today. Sat up close near the field on the south west corner. First time in years I’ve sat so close. I know what’s wrong with us. Our players are tiny compared to other teams. We are getting monstered. Parras outside backs are as big as our forwards. You can’t compete in a full season if your players are smaller than the opposition.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight.
It's the size of the fight in the dog.
We fight like pansies.

Reactions: Btk

TruSaint

Referee
Under 10,000 spectators on a lovely Sunday afternoon at our spiritual home playing a traditional enemy? Well beloved STGI CEO, if that doesn’t tell you something nothing will.

It doesn't and it wont.

TV deals is where the $$ are. Look at Easts.. Is it sad ? yes. Dont expect massive crowds and even if u do, it wont make a difference. It will enhance the game day experience and not more.

This Year?

Immortal
All week people were backing us to win and all week I knew we wouldn't. Anyone that went to that game either needs a lobotomy or a victorian cross.