What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

Life's Good

Coach
I’m all for giving this bloke the flick. It’s painfully obvious that the players don’t believe in him(just like the fans). For all the ‘he’s a Dragon, he’s passionate for the club etc.’ the results clearly don’t justify his continued employment.
I’m f**ked if I know why the club cannot see the damage being done to our short to mid term prospects by their inaction(which genuine quality players will sign for us knowing they’ll likely go backwards?).
Undeniably, the club is in a mess whichever way you want to look at it, the main one being the ‘W’ column.

"It's the first time in my coaching career I haven't been in a semi-finals position at this time of the year," McGregor said.

Well the next few weeks should start to feel more familiar .. peanut!

2014 - 10th - equal 7 finished 11

2015 - 10th - equal 9 finished. 8

2016 - 11th - equal 9 finished. 11

2017 - 8th. Finished. 9

2018 - 4th. - equal 3 finished. 7

2019- 14th - equal Finished. ?

Qapm

Juniors
"It's the first time in my coaching career I haven't been in a semi-finals position at this time of the year," McGregor said.

Well the next few weeks should start to feel more familiar .. peanut!

2014 - 10th - equal 7 finished 11

2015 - 10th - equal 9 finished. 8

2016 - 11th - equal 9 finished. 11

2017 - 8th. Finished. 9

2018 - 4th. - equal 3 finished. 7

2019- 14th - equal Finished. ?
Mary has reached his sell-by date.

thebigredv

First Grade
I'm really struggling with something. Please excuse me as I am rambling here...

How did we go from "the most passionate fans, who expect results" to being the most oppressed fans in the game?

Not only have we copped diabolical results for the past 9 years (diabolical if you are a club that expects to be there or thereabouts which all clubs should), but we've been forced to swallow every excuse under the sun along the way. Right now McGregor has a full-strength team, more or less. They don't look like they want to be playing - and this is true of the last 4 months. The 'stars' aren't doing their job and yet they spend their weekdays lauding their coach and defending him to the hilt.

If a Dragons fan so dare as question the regime we bare the brunt of criticism for being reactive.

Mickthedragon

Juniors
All I heard was blah blah blah blah blah THEN “This is the first time in my coaching career I won’t be preparing for the semi finals “. This guy is a top notch FU#KWITT DELUXE
He actually said that in the presser?
I've been at work but that is just more ass covering of the highest order.
Only cares about himself and wants to save his job. The arrogance it shiws is unbelievable. How about, sorry to the fans.

giboz71

First Grade
Since July 5th last year, starting from when we got lapped by the Storm when we had all our Origin guys out, we have played a total of 30 games.

We have won 10 and lost 20. We’ve lost twice as much as we have won. A squad stacked with Origin players and internationals.

What more does our board need to get rid of this guy?

getsmarty

Immortal
Eels prolong Dragons run of outs as pressure mounts on McGregor
Dragons Den
r0_0_5568_3712_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

BATTLING: The Dragons slumped to their 11th loss in their last 13 outings against Parramatta on Sunday. Picture: NRL Photos

IT'S their spiritual home but the Dragons could well be walking into the lion's den at Kogarah next Saturday after slumping to a 12-4 loss to the Eels at the famed venue on Sunday.

Their afternoon began on a horror note when they lost Zac Lomax to a hamstring injury in the warm-up just one game into his return from a broken thumb.

It was a moment that largely summed up their season, with the following 80 minutes telling the same story despite a game second-half effort after trailing 10-0 at halftime.

With fans already applying the blowtorch to coach Paul McGregor after just two wins in their last 13 games, next week's clash with last-placed Gold Coast will see the heat turned up even further.

The finals-bound Eels went into Sunday's clash on the back of four wins from their last five games. The Titans, playing under a pair of interim coaches following the sacking of Garth Brennan, have lost their last six including a 58-6 pasting at the hands of the Roosters in Sunday's earlier fixture.

Having booed their side from the park at the same venue last season - when they were en route to the finals - Dragons fans could tear their spiritual home to the ground should they lose to the Titans.

Euan Aitken and Paul Vaughan both finished the match on report for crusher tackles, while Vaughan left the field with 11 minutes to play after producing an incredible one-handed try-saving tackle on Clint Gutherson while nursing a badly dislocated finger.

It adds to McGregor's headaches that no longer include even the slimmest of finals hopes with five more games to play.

"Today obviously puts away any thought of playing finals regardless of the results so it's tough," McGregor said.

"We've played two teams [the last two weeks] in the top six, one of them was running second and one of them was running sixth or seventh, they've won five of their last seven.

"They're playing with a bit of confidence, we're down on confidence at the moment obviously, we're not winning games of footy so everything's a little bit clunky and our execution's not where it needs to be.

"I'm not going to hide from the fact that, when you're not winning games of footy, everyone wants to know why and the reasons behind it. Everyone wants to come at you and attack you.

"As a coach you've just got to make sure you're comfortable being uncomfortable, I'm competitive as ever so you just want to make sure you finish on a strong note to the year.

"We've got another game next week and, the last couple of weeks have been pretty hard because, when you're not winning games, you're out of finals contention and you build you're whole year and team around that... it's difficult."

Maika Sivo started what was a dominant first 40 minutes for the Eels, opening the scoring just four minutes in off a kick from Moses who also converted from the sideline for a 6-0 lead.

They had to wait another 18 minutes for their second that came through Dylan Brown, who charged onto an offload from Shaun Lane and burned the cover defence on a 40-metre run to the line. Moses' attempt at the extras was waved away, keeping the score at 10-0 at the break.

The Dragons struck first in the second stanza, with Mikaele Ravalawa - Lomax's late replacement - benefitting from Gareth Widdop's bat back of a Corey Norman bomb to post his side's first points. Widdop's attempted conversion bounced off the upright, keeping the margin at six with still 34 minutes to play.

Vaughan's effort on a runaway Gutherson saved a try but conceded a penalty and two more points to Moses for an eight-point cushion with with 11 minutes to go. It proved the final margin.

https://www.illawarramercury.com.au...-outs-as-pressure-mounts-on-mcgregor/?cs=3713

Warabrook saint

Juniors
Sack the individual(s) who signed off on the extension.
My question is to them do they have that same confidence in Mary now that they did in April.
Would they give him the extra 2 years today.
Why wasn't there performance KPI metrics written into the extension.
Can we get more clarification from the Club.
One very frustrated, annoyed and disappointed passionate Dragons man I am.
It's that bad I don't even feel like a beer.
Thanks for wrecking two of my favourite things.
They agreed on an extension back in November apparently

sco22

Juniors
Thats total Bs, it doesn't even count to be in finals contention if you don't make the 8. Who remembers that crap.
He tries to make himself sound more experienced but comes off sounding like a complete tosser.
#Fakecoach
Mick what doing expect from an arrogant, ignorant so and so nothing has changed with him he is always right never wrong its all about himself. He doesn’t give to stuffs about anyone

Bench
So if there are players getting the flick how are we going to attract any decent bearing in mind that supposedly our Cap is stretched. So who do we focus on, players that have never played first grade or castoffs.

I think if we were still at Kogarah that could be beneficial, We are stuck at Wollongong so we are not a city club as such. Maybe some players would think the Gong is to far way from the city lights.

Latest posts