What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019: Parra v Dragons LIVE GAME DAY thread 4/8/19

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
nice win and some decent defense but frustrating to watch cuz Dragons were crap and no great achievement to beat them

we really need to work on our ball security, we are not completing enough sets for mine

Haynzy

First Grade
  • Moses is in the top 5 halfbacks in the comp. Definitely his best season ever. Very happy for him.
  • Takairangi has earned himself a contract in my opinion. He was great today.
  • Dylan Brown is the best 6 we have had since Michael Buettner in 2001.
  • Kane Evans is doing well and is probably injury-free for the first time in years.
  • Alvaro has been awful this year. What happened to him? Slow and looks ineffective.
  • Yes, he has lost some pace and is probably still injured but M. Jennings is still a top defensive centre.
  • Great call of letting go of Tepai and Mau for next season. Mau will be a bigger loss though.
  • I salute BA for making the tough call on Mannah. We are a better side without him.

The only point I disagree with you on is the second half of the last one.

The tough call that sent a message to the team was probably good but I think Mannah brings at least as much as Tep and Alvaro, especially Alvaro.
With Mannah coming off the bench our ruck defence would be tighter when the starters go off and I don't think our go forward would be any less than it currently is as our play the balls would be faster.

84 Baby

Referee
Guess which Eels player got a tsk tsk from me when I saw him talking on phone while driving?
Gave us a thumbs up when I yelled out “good game yesterday”

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
No. He was never that good in the past consistently. The occasional here and there but never consistently. This is by far his best ever season and I think I even heard one of the commentators say as such.
Well he's only just hit his peak. He is 27 this year. But he's always shown this level of ability. Consistency comes with maturity. Also helps that he's fit.

Soto

Bench
Evans has been bloody good since becoming a starting front rower for us. Love his aggression. He definitely brings a different dynamic to our side. The bench is a worry with Moeroa there.
When Fergo is fit, Taka will go to the bench and Terepo wiil be back in the 17.
Alvaro and Moeroa will drop off.
Niukore has been solid and getting better powering through the middle.
I would like to see Davey get a crack on the bench if we will rest a player or 2. The game against the Titans may be a good opportunity to give someone a rest

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
How good is Kane Evans?? Absolute beast!!

I told all you merkins how good he was but Death Riders like Pou said he was a depth player.

Who’s laughing now f**kers????
Arthur's said he's a depth player. But it's always nice when they step up.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Just like you, Arthur's hates the fact Evans is playing well in first grade! He especially hates that he only signed him on depth player's money.

Latest posts