What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Current betting

Good thread. Good read.. Current betting Sharks into $17 in from 26 pro to kick off against rabbits.
They hit 6th position or even 5th I will probably get offered first payout. Win a home semi another . Win that semi another all the way down to even money.
Anybody jump on at $36?

Foz

Bench
Good thread. Good read.. Current betting Sharks into $17 in from 26 pro to kick off against rabbits.
They hit 6th position or even 5th I will probably get offered first payout. Win a home semi another . Win that semi another all the way down to even money.
Anybody jump on at $36?
Took $34.
On Saturday night I got $29 at half time of the South’s game.
$21 currently.
Only had a few dollars on us but do it every week and hope for a collect on Grand Final day.

That was one of my fondest memories of the 2016 Grand Final.
Put a few bucks on every week and in all the excitement I dead set forgot all about backing us until I went and had a bet on my Tab account the next day.
Don’t get me wrong I knew I was backing us but was the last thing I was thinking about at the time.
Been doing it for years so I’m obviously mega bucks behind.

snout

First Grade
In 2016 about 4 weeks out l had an epiphany after we had a win.
Watching the end of the game on the screen l knew without any doubt we would win it.
I put 500 on us.
I told the missus - who wouldn't know a fotball from a watermelon and has never watched a game of any sport in her life despite me taking her to sharks games - and she obviously saw l was fair dinkum and she put 500 on us.
I had another 5hunjy as well.

Weird feeling - and despite the last 60 seconds of the GF where l flatlined for a period - when it was over part of the euphoria was the confirmation of what l KNEW was gonna happen.

Last edited:

Quigs

Immortal
You know to this day I still can't describe the true feeling I had when the Tackle made that last tackle of the 2016 season. Of course i was happy and over the moon type of feeling but I do remember saying to Old Mate..... "So this is what it is like to win the thing"

I think I must of been numb.

King Ben

Juniors
I had money on Luke Lewis first try scorer (was a running joke with my mates, we did it all year after it paid off against Manly) - you can imagine how happy we were when he went milimetres from scoring.

txta2

Bench
I collected in 2016 as well. One of my old bosses and I mean old,told me to put money on them before a ball was kicked. He was pretty smart, for a South's supporter.

carcharias

Immortal
I had no money on them.
I had the strangest 3 weeks though
I went across Arnhem Land - right up into Ramingining and Maningrida
Got home, got on a plane to Vegas
The complete opposite.
Then got home
Went to bed
Woke up and went to the grand final

2016 was the best year of my life.
Money couldn’t buy that 3 weeks.

I had no money on them.
I had the strangest 3 weeks though
I went across Arnhem Land - right up into Ramingining and Maningrida
Got home, got on a plane to Vegas
The complete opposite.
Then got home
Went to bed
Woke up and went to the grand final

2016 was the best year of my life.
Money couldn’t buy that 3 weeks.
There's some Yin and Yang shit right there...... especially the outcome

Card Shark

Immortal
I had money on Luke Lewis first try scorer (was a running joke with my mates, we did it all year after it paid off against Manly) - you can imagine how happy we were when he went milimetres from scoring.

Glad he held his nerve & didn’t stretch out & commit the double movement.

We scored soon after anyway but imagine if they got the penalty & then the ball is up the other end. The whole game could’ve changed!!!

Just another special play from Lewis that day.

Made quite a bit of money on the Sharks in 2016.

GF Betting was Storm $1.80. & Sharks $2.

Was good doubling some money on the GF but the real money was made just before the Semi’s started.

We didn’t have good form running into the Semi’s and a flogging to the Storm in Melbourne one week out had everyone thinking we were done. No minor premiership and we now had to face the Raiders in Canberra. I remember that Gerard Condon the “expert punter” on 2SM thought we’d go out in straight sets.

But I knew this team was the one. Wasn’t going to have any of that and had a lash before the Semi’s started where we were 8-1 to win the Comp. I won enough for a small holiday with the family and stocked up on Premiership memorabilia.

Best year of my life.

What a team we had.

Don’t have anywhere near the confidence this year in this team. Defence is shytehouse. It really is. We have points in us I’ll give them that. And when Graham is in the team we look so much better in the execution of plays. But goal kicking is an issue and I just hate our fullback options.

Who knows we might go on a run now and win the next 5 straight and I might get fluffy then. It’s been a weird year where we’ve had our best team on the field for only a few games all year and looked red hot when that’s happened. Hope there’s a twist to our unlucky season I really do.

Well thats the risk isnt it. There was a reason the team coming 9th was paying $10 at one point, which was actually 5th favourite. Another loss & they were out to $35 in 11th.
There is nothing wrong with our full backs, or a our depth. Our problem is the inexperience in the side, like Nikora & Moot, who have the potential to leak critical points.

ghoti

Bench
2016 was f**ked...was living in Montreal and risked getting fired (and thus deported) when I told my boss I booked a flight to Sydney two days after we beat the cowboys to qualify. He flipped...and I got on a plane, spent days in sydney, straight to the grand final to lose my mind, then back on the plane to the shitfight of the oncoming Canadian winter .. none of it felt real at any f**ken point

Latest posts