What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Storm brewing as Melbourne commemorate salary-cap tainted 'premiership'

To be fair, no way Crichton is on a million and I doubt Cordner is on 800k. There's also 3rd party deals to consider. The numbers still don't add up but you've made some assumptions that could be wildly off the mark.
Crichton reported salary is 1million
Cordner being origin and test captain I would say he’s on that at least

Anyway easts are over the cap easily but hey it’s all third party deals etc.

There’s a reason why their cap is known as a sombrero

I would guess broncos weren’t over the cap either during the Lockyer years ...

Go back to the super league war and see what very average players were getting chucked at them .... these days top tier origin and international players are on good coin ... roosters team is full of them

Or we can just agree that easts are the best managers of the cap and most players are on 200k tops ... oh I just saw a flying pig and unicorn having a root

Hoofhearted

Juniors
To be fair, no way Crichton is on a million and I doubt Cordner is on 800k. There's also 3rd party deals to consider. The numbers still don't add up but you've made some assumptions that could be wildly off the mark.
I'd say those numbers show how the salary cap doesnt work, because if all those players were at the Tigers thats exactly how much we'd have to pay to get them. Roosters obviously have more business connections and manage to get a lot of money off the cap with 3rd parties.

SBD82

Coach

Go back to the super league war and see what very average players were getting chucked at them .... these days top tier origin and international players are on good coin ... roosters team is full of them
Quality rant. 8/10.

jk13

First Grade
Didn’t the graph show easts had the fewest legal 3rd party deals as well.

Cockosh

Juniors
Your team must just want to play for easts on min wage then
Cronk -1mil
Keary - 6-800 k
Tedesco 1mil
Latrell 600k
Cordner -800k
Friend 600k+
JWH 500k
Radley 300-450
Crichton 1 mil
Manu 3-400
Tupou 3-400
Morris 2-300
SST- 300
Liu 300
Aubusson 300
Tetavano 200
Remaining cap 450,000
Remaining squad players 14
Average remaining salary 32,142.85
NRL min wage
That’s being generous in regards to salaries above and not including players
Hall
Butcher
Ikavalu
Etc
All who have played first grade this year

Nah you aren’t over the cap .. clown :clown:
Wow. How has the NRL, all the media outlets, other clubs, other fans, auditors, ato and every one else on LU not picked up on this. You are a genius. It is so obvious How did you find the other set of books?? Simple people explaining things in simple terms.

Wow. How has the NRL, all the media outlets, other clubs, other fans, auditors, ato and every one else on LU not picked up on this. You are a genius. It is so obvious How did you find the other set of books?? Simple people explaining things in simple terms.
Nope just going off what I could find in terms of reported contract value , you asked for info so I looked around .... could all be bullshit but you seem to think they all get paid sweet f**k all and have space in the cap
It unlikely matey
Don’t get upset your team won’t get caught

Cockosh

Juniors
Nope just going off what I could find in terms of reported contract value , you asked for info so I looked around .... could all be bullshit but you seem to think they all get paid sweet f**k all and have space in the cap
It unlikely matey
Don’t get upset your team won’t get caught
That’s a relief as you seem to be in the know. In two players Cordner and Crichton, you have inflated their value by about at least $400k but keep going mate. Sounds like you’re having a lot of fun. I do something similar. It’s called SuperCoach.

jk13

First Grade
Back on track, maybe the eels should have robbed 2009 on their jerseys this year, just to make a point

Valheru

Coach

Reported by who?

Politis claimed Crighton was on 750k when we signed him. It was south's who claimed it was a million and the media ran with it.

Who do you suppose is in a better position to know the real figure?

Some of the other figures are just laughable too.

Anyways, I always enjoy a good roosters roster payments breakdown. Keep it coming.

SBD82

Coach
Reported by who?

Politis claimed Crighton was on 750k when we signed him. It was south's who claimed it was a million and the media ran with it.

Anyways, I always enjoy a good roosters roster payments breakdown. Keep it coming.
To be fair, the amount of people guilty of this is ridiculous. Numbers are reported by the telegraph and then repeated regularly enough that they become fact.

Eg Ben Hunt. What number springs immediately to mind when you think of his salary? I guarantee that it’s a number that was both denied by Millward, our head of pathways, and laughed off by Hunt.

Valheru

Coach
To be fair, the amount of people guilty of this is ridiculous. Numbers are reported by the telegraph and then repeated regularly enough that they become fact.

Eg Ben Hunt. What number springs immediately to mind when you think of his salary? I guarantee that it’s a number that was both denied by Millward, our head of pathways, and laughed off by Hunt.

Oh I hear you.

The amount of people that take these reported figures as facts is bewildering.

Headless Chook

Juniors
Reported by who?

Fast forward another three years. I can hear it now,,,,”how can they possibly have superstars Lindsay Collins, Verrills, touponiua and Nat Butcher and still be under the cap? Clearly they are rorting. It’s just not fair”.

Latest posts