What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2 loooooong years

Card Shark

Immortal
Did I read Franks post correctly , that the Club no longer owns the shopping centre? That the club is now tenants & owns nothing?

Yes, that’s what they forfeited for the $40 million we are getting.

We don’t even own all the leagues club anyone, we share ownership with the developers, who are putting an Aldi on the first floor (or ground floor).

Card Shark

Immortal
No, or the shops but we were going to rent the land they were built on.

In a nutshell, we’ve sold the land (carpark) & half the leagues club.

If you own the land, you own the building. We were going to be landlords for the Shops, was my understanding.
If we have sold that off, for a lousy $40 million, then we are far kted

Card Shark

Immortal
Gal in his write up for channel 9 says the ground will be suitable for NRL finals after the upgrade.

I don’t see how.

The capacity won’t be increased & no additional undercover seating.

Only change is the glasshouses...still not sure of the purpose of them. Sponsor boxes, press boxes ? Maybe the latter helps it become a finals venue.

King Ben

Juniors
Gal in his write up for channel 9 says the ground will be suitable for NRL finals after the upgrade.

I don’t see how.

The capacity won’t be increased & no additional undercover seating.

Only change is the glasshouses...still not sure of the purpose of them. Sponsor boxes, press boxes ? Maybe the latter helps it become a finals venue.

You got it in one, ground needs more corporate areas and extra media areas for the NRL to be happy.

Card Shark

Immortal
Not sure what they doing on the ET stand side but wouldn’t it be good if extended it to the dead ball line.

More boxes & more undercover seating.

Hooper

Juniors
Not sure what they doing on the ET stand side but wouldn’t it be good if extended it to the dead ball line.

More boxes & more undercover seating.
I could never understand why they didn’t do just that 12-15 years ago when they received the Govt grant and built the Monty Porter Stand. The ET Stand is nearly always sold out for home games and should have been extended then. The Monty Porter Stand might sell out two, maybe three times a year.

I could never understand why they didn’t do just that 12-15 years ago when they received the Govt grant and built the Monty Porter Stand. The ET Stand is nearly always sold out for home games and should have been extended then. The Monty Porter Stand might sell out two, maybe three times a year.
Because with grants, come conditions. Sometimes the condition could be that it must be put towards a new building or incorporate disabled facilities etc. It made no sense to upgrade the ET & increase seating by <20% when you could increase seating by 120% for the same money.

Hooper

Juniors
Because with grants, come conditions. Sometimes the condition could be that it must be put towards a new building or incorporate disabled facilities etc. It made no sense to upgrade the ET & increase seating by <20% when you could increase seating by 120% for the same money.
That makes sense. Thanks for clarifying :thumbsup: