What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACTPanthers

Bench
With or without him we have discipline issues, i dont think that should define his whole playing ability.

Big, strong & athletic front/back rower with some aggression. Granted he still has plenty to learn but I think he'll be the best of that crop that came through. We'll regret this one.
We'll have to agree to disagree on this one. Have met him, and a nicer guy you can't find, he just doesn't seem to have the footy IQ/concentration when fatigued to become an elite forward. Too many brain snaps for my liking. Hopefully, with some good coaching, he'll learn to reign that in, I just can't see it happening to be honest.

With or without him we have discipline issues, i dont think that should define his whole playing ability.

Big, strong & athletic front/back rower with some aggression. Granted he still has plenty to learn but I think he'll be the best of that crop that came through. We'll regret this one.

Yeah but he makes it worse, I’ve never seen a player so bone headed. How many times has he been sin binned? It’s ridiculous. Not just a first grade issue too. He’s done it all through the grades at Penrith and the Roosters.

forby

Juniors
So it appears everyone believes Kent on this one! He is Rothfield’s apprentice! Another journalist who dislikes Penrith for some reason.

martielang

Bench
Yeah but he makes it worse, I’ve never seen a player so bone headed. How many times has he been sin binned? It’s ridiculous. Not just a first grade issue too. He’s done it all through the grades at Penrith and the Roosters.

We're not talking about a 100 game veteran though. He's played limited games with limited time to make his mark in those games. Not that that exonerates him from all blame, but I think he's been labelled the aggressor of the pack & he just tried too hard to prove that.

I guess we'll see over the next few years how he goes.

Panfa

Juniors
Limited games due to 1 too many suspensions hes a loose cannon liam martin has filled hethros spot nicely kikaus suspension cost us a definite win against dogs and a much closer game with raiders.

Panther Mick

Juniors
So Blake,DWZ out. A few of the juniors upgraded.
Maloney going,
RCG, Hetherrington, Katoa rumoured to be going.

Apart from Peach are we actually linked to anyone?

Whino

Bench
So Blake,DWZ out. A few of the juniors upgraded.
Maloney going,
RCG, Hetherrington, Katoa rumoured to be going.

Apart from Peach are we actually linked to anyone?

Given Ivan's record. Any players coming here will be either overpriced injury prone ex Warriors or plodders.

mxlegend99

Referee
Maybe we have the 1.5 for Ponga
Would just destroy our cap worse than it was. Ponga and Pearce in the spine and Knights are worse than us.

Ponga may be the best young talent in the game. But he's still not good enough to compensate for inferior players elsewhere in the team.

33% win rate in Origin. 36% win rate at club level. Knights have him for lessthan half of his next contract. Unless Roosters decide to buy him it might be hard to build a gun side around him.

Cleary says here that Maloney leaving in year three of his contract was always part of our cap management.

ie. they spent his money already. (that could be mitigated by DWZ & Blake leaving, in fact it might be one of the reasons they left)

OldPanther

Coach
Cleary says here that Maloney leaving in year three of his contract was always part of our cap management.

ie. they spent his money already. (that could be mitigated by DWZ & Blake leaving, in fact it might be one of the reasons they left)

Why not just sign him for 2 years instead of 3 then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts