What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Chanel 9 general Incompetence and unprofessionalism thread

Stallion

First Grade
Thursday is tv friendly though that’s not twisting anything.

Like I've stated : We dissagree! The weekend should be the domain of the NRL. Other shows aired at viewer friendly weekday timeslots should complement FTA tv and other NRL games on the weekend.

Stallion

First Grade
You can’t disagree with tv viewing figures

Saturday night FTA tv seems to be very good for other codes like the AFL?! Why not the NRL for the whole season. At least the fans get an opportunity to look forward to footy in their leisure time: the weekend.

Pommy

Coach
Saturday night FTA tv seems to be very good for other codes like the AFL?! Why not the NRL for the whole season. At least the fans get an opportunity to look forward to footy in their leisure time: the weekend.

I’m pretty sure people like watching it on a Thursday night when they’re at home and not busy doing other things.

Stallion

First Grade
I’m pretty sure people like watching it on a Thursday night when they’re at home and not busy doing other things.

I watch it too. But would have no issue with the FTA coverage changing to Saturday night instead of Thursday. The continued poor crowds attending Thursday night games is not a good look for the competition . It also reduces anticipation for the weekend games in my opinion. Looking forward to the actual weekend starting on a Friday is something that may have been lost from the NRL experience for fans and clubs I suggest.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
I watch it too. But would have no issue with the FTA coverage changing to Saturday night instead of Thursday. The continued poor crowds attending Thursday night games is not a good look for the competition . It also reduces anticipation for the weekend games in my opinion. Looking forward to the actual weekend starting on a Friday is something that may have been lost from the NRL experience for fans and clubs I suggest.

I'll have to check the figures but I'm pretty sure Thursday night games on average rate better than Saturday night games.

Pommy

Coach
Pretty sure fans like their footy on weekends. The AFL has cottoned onto it . That's for sure.

I don’t, whilst I agree Thursday night is awful for crowds Thursday night is the game I’m most likely to watch a neutral game it’s the night I’m least likely to be doing anything else. For TV Thursday is awesome.

Stallion

First Grade
I don’t, whilst I agree Thursday night is awful for crowds Thursday night is the game I’m most likely to watch a neutral game it’s the night I’m least likely to be doing anything else. For TV Thursday is awesome.

You are clearly in the minority if you don't prefer your footy on the weekend.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Pretty sure fans like their footy on weekends. The AFL has cottoned onto it . That's for sure.

I don't remember saying that fans don't like their footy on the weekends. It just happens to be that Thursday nights seem to rate better than Saturday nights.

Last edited:

Stallion

First Grade
Is that what the viewing statistics say?

AFL is constantly in the top ten programmes on a Saturday night every week. The Thursday night game detracts from fan base enthusiasm toward weekend games. I watch Thursday night also and its better than Monday night. But the damage being done to crowds and interest leading into actual weekend games is a negative.

Twisting again!?
And yes. The AFL constantly has 3 programmes in the top ten programmes viewed on FTA tv on a Saturday night. That's what the statistics state!

Yes. However, free to air TV channels view Saturday nights as the low point of the ratings week. The top rating nights are Sundays and Mondays.

Pommy

Coach
Twisting again!?
And yes. The AFL constantly has 3 programmes in the top ten programmes viewed on FTA tv on a Saturday night. That's what the statistics state!

A point not relevant to the question I asked though. Do the stats show that Thursday night is a slot worse than weekend slots?

Stallion

First Grade
A point not relevant to the question I asked though. Do the stats show that Thursday night is a slot worse than weekend slots?

TV ratings are ok on Thursday. But the downside is far greater for rugby-league.

blue bags

First Grade
View attachment 9459 Apologies if there is already one of these. Did anyone else notice this in the second Saturday game? maybe their way of introducing the Victoria v QLD state of origin.. cant be too far away as we all know league is dead in N.S.W... :rolleyes:

Also in addition its obvious that Fox are just getting the chanel9 feed for the finals. every time a decision goes to the bunker you hear very little of the explanation and the footage is almost always out of sync. Chalk and cheese in comparison to Fox.

how the hell do you upload images to the thread in the new format??? never mind got it... couldn't see the upload image button on the original thread creation. spotted it on edit though..
SOO , cowboys vs storm ,ooh yer

100% footy on ch9 monday night

Latest posts