What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 21 V Sharks

Panther Mick

Juniors
I have noticed that with both the Leniu and Burton announcements that they haven't been trumpeted as #589 and #590 respectively, like they have with the other debutants this year. May just be coincidental, a minor thing or it's that Crichton will play and the numbers will be confirmed then.

Good observation.

cb4

First Grade
Penrith games?

I very much beg to differ.
No, games where there are a lot of injuries and we should win.
See our efforts against Warriors and Broncos as an example.
The Broncos beat us with Turpin and McCullough in the halves.

cb4

First Grade
Ha ha I don't know what Sharks fans are worried for.
We haven't beaten you for 4 years! April 26th 2015 to be precise. 7 straight losses.
Our two best attacking halves are out and we struggling to score points.
Our only hope is your mob turn up expecting to win and drop the ball all night. Maybe Kikau can get a double through brute force and we win ugly 12-10. That is a long stretch though.
Complacent Cronulla is what we worry about.
The Broncos loss this year has left me scared for life, and the Warriors effort as well.

franklin2323

Immortal
If Whare is forced out, that’s another long term deal that won’t have been completed. I don’t think a single one has been finished.

Anyway, next years backline looks super young. I think you can forget about finals in 2020.

Edwards/Staines/Laurie
Mansour
Chricton
Naden
To’o
Luai/Burton
Cleary

No doubt we will go to get some players. Some decent backs doing the rounds

BxTom

Bench
I have noticed that with both the Leniu and Burton announcements that they haven't been trumpeted as #589 and #590 respectively, like they have with the other debutants this year. May just be coincidental, a minor thing or it's that Crichton will play and the numbers will be confirmed then.
Perhaps they are coming off of the bench and the order in which they appear will dictate their number?

franklin2323

Immortal
Ramien is the only one that comes to mind, who were you thinking of?

Depends what way you want to go Kahu is solid if you want someone to hold a spot for 12 while others develop.

I think Peachey plays centre at various times.

Corey Oates is still unsigned isn't he?

Curtis Scott wants back in Sydney. Ramien also wants Sydney not many Sydney clubs would have the space we do.

Both 22 played in big games I'd go them for 2 years then can get a look at the young guys and decide.

maple_69

Bench
Shame Flash has packed it in. Would not have minded a 1 year deal to bring him back as depth and show some people how to be a rock solid good bloke.

Would love Scott. Could use a guy with some pluck with DWZ gone. Would not be against taking a flyer on Ramien either but I think Scott has much less risk.

Anyway to the game, I’ll be amped of Crichton comes in. We’re not winning a Prem this year so I’m all for going for broke at turning our attack on and giving us something to be excited about the next few weeks.

Fangs

Coach
Shame Flash has packed it in. Would not have minded a 1 year deal to bring him back as depth and show some people how to be a rock solid good bloke.

Would love Scott. Could use a guy with some pluck with DWZ gone. Would not be against taking a flyer on Ramien either but I think Scott has much less risk.

Anyway to the game, I’ll be amped of Crichton comes in. We’re not winning a Prem this year so I’m all for going for broke at turning our attack on and giving us something to be excited about the next few weeks.

Would love Flash on a one year deal.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Ivan is a big fan of Whare, I can’t see him being dumped. Maybe if Maloney was playing. I think they’ll stick with experience.

Love to Crichton get a run though.

OldPanther

Coach
https://www.penrithpanthers.com.au/...d-tribulations-cleary-rolls-with-the-punches/

The past year has been the toughest of Nathan Cleary’s young NRL career, with more challenges than he has ever faced before.

However, despite experiencing numerous off-field controversies involving team-mates and family, as well as an horrific losing streak to start the season, the 21-year-old playmaker still wears a smile.

The NSW representative understands he’ll always cop criticism, but the only thing he can control is how it affects him.

“Everyone on social media gives their own opinion and there are a lot of negative people out there – it’s something you’ve got to deal with,” he says.

“Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but you’ve got to pick and choose which ones you listen to. Obviously the people closest to me and the people who mean the most are the ones I’m always going to listen to. The trolls don’t have any effect on me.”

Social media is so prevalent in modern society, and as a 21-year-old, Cleary wants to remain on it but knows he has to be cautious.

“Social media can be pretty toxic,” he says.

remote.axd

Watson's charity work provides perspective

“You can use it for positive things but you’ve got to take it in dribs-and-drabs. I still have social media but try not to use it too much. I find Twitter is the worst so I try and stay off that.”

Cleary has always been honest when it comes to talking about his form. He’s not afraid of admitting fault and taking blame for losses. Being the star playmaker at the Panthers – the player the club is building around – he feels an added responsibly to perform.

“Any halfback at any club would say there’s a lot of pressure on them. It’s part of the job,” he says.

“I suppose pressure is how much you read into it, but I set myself some high standards. I know when I’m not playing my best and what I need to improve on.”

Cleary understands his performance sets the tone for the entire team, and when he’s playing well, the Panthers are playing well, but he’s the first to admit he’s far from career-best form.

“I haven’t been playing the way I’ve wanted to this whole year,” he admits.

“I’m working hard on what I want to improve on. There’s still a long way to go and I definitely want to take the next step. Hopefully I can improve at the back-end of the year.”

Fangs

Coach
The act of a desperate man. But good to see he is still trying to save the season. Didn't just pack it in for 2020.

Better than old mate Griffin leaving the trenches during the Suncorp disaster on 2018.

Latest posts