What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

24 Hour NRL channel

no name

Coach
Peter Badel with the ‘scoop’ that Bennett was fired by voicemail.

Every knew that when it happened. He was avoiding the phone call so White told him in voicemail.

Holy f**k these merkins love to squeeze every last bit of juice out of any story.

no name

Coach
Dead f**king set, they really are scraping the bottom of the barrel giving Spud Carroll a gig on tv.

‘The NRL needs to do something to keep Kalyn Ponga in the game. Contracts mean nothing these days. Players can just shake their hands and walk away. The NRL need to sign him up for 10 years.’

Stallion

First Grade
Noticing a high amount of "AFL" content on FOX 500 channel. This channel is part of the general subscription deal. Whereas if you add the sports package you get a range of sports. It's noticeable that rival codes seem to get a better push on FOX500 than rugby league.

nrlnrl

First Grade
A few tests from the 70s on over the next couple of days. As they say in the classics, check your guide for details. There's even a 1975 Australia v England one after Late Show With Matty Johns tonight & Aus v NZ from 1978 at 10:20 tomorrow night.

AUS v GB from 1974 is on right now.

Stallion

First Grade
Looking forward to watching the Challenge cup final tomorrow. Have not seen much or any advertising of this final on FOX League? St Helens v Warrington at Wembley should be a good final! Will be watching at around midnight tomorrow for sure!

Stallion

First Grade
The FOX 24 hour channel seems to be like a syphon for the rugby union world cup? Pretty sure no rugby union programmes would be promoting a rugby league world cup! For this reason , I'm preferring to watch the FTA tv finals coverage as I'm not being force-fed union promos.

Slater1

Juniors
The FOX 24 hour channel seems to be like a syphon for the rugby union world cup? Pretty sure no rugby union programmes would be promoting a rugby league world cup! For this reason , I'm preferring to watch the FTA tv finals coverage as I'm not being force-fed union promos.

You prefer to be force-fed promos for Love Island?

Stallion

First Grade
You prefer to be force-fed promos for Love Island?

Missing the point. Would not mind things like the rugby league world cup (that was in Australia)given the same exposure/publicity. Even the upcoming rugby league internationals might be afforded similar exposure. The union is being forced fed to rugby league fans on rugby league programs. I'm sure the rugby league tournaments are not given the same push! That's a fair comment.

Missing the point. Would not mind things like the rugby league world cup (that was in Australia)given the same exposure/publicity. Even the upcoming rugby league internationals might be afforded similar exposure. The union is being forced fed to rugby league fans on rugby league programs. I'm sure the rugby league tournaments are not given the same push! That's a fair comment.

Yes, but Fox are still getting your money even if you are watching Channel 9. I'd suggest using Foxtel's feedback system to complain about the Union promos during NRL broadcasts on Fox League.

Slater1

Juniors

So you are upset that you don't like the commercials you are having to watch??

Here's a solution-- DON'T WATCH THEM!

Stallion

First Grade

If you read the whole comment that's what has been communicated."FTA TV "instead! Have a nice day watching union adds!

Slater1

Juniors
If you read the whole comment that's what has been communicated."FTA TV "instead! Have a nice day watching union adds!

I don't need to-- there's No ads during live play on Foxtel and then I either mute it [if it's a live game] or fast forward [ if I'm watching on delay].

Seriously-- from how you speak it sounds like the NRL is about to lose everyone single one of it's supporters from the threat of Union unless they bring the Da Bears.

Stallion

First Grade
I don't need to-- there's No ads during live play on Foxtel and then I either mute it [if it's a live game] or fast forward [ if I'm watching on delay].

Seriously-- from how you speak it sounds like the NRL is about to lose everyone single one of it's supporters from the threat of Union unless they bring the Da Bears.

Apathy and ignorance seems to suit you well. You have ignored the main thrust of the comment. Rugby league (especially International ) is being treated like a 2nd class citizen on a designated rugby league channel. The rugby league world cup in Australia was not given anywhere near the promotion and exposure union has been given. If you think that's fair or not worthy to.note? We completely dissagree.

Last edited:

Bojackhorseman

Juniors
Apathy and ignorance seems to suit you well. You have ignored the main thrust of the comment. Rugby league (especially intrrnational) is being treated like a 2nd class citizen on a designated rugby league channel. The rugby league world cup om Australian shores was not given anywhere near the promotion and exposure union has been given. If you think that's fair or not worthy to.note? We completely dissagree.
Are you really a teacher?

Bojackhorseman

Juniors

Fancy fox advertising alternative sports on its own network! How dare they? It’s almost as if they are trying to grow their audience and make money! What next? Bring back the bears I say. That’ll fix the problem!

mozza91

Coach
Emma Freedman is such a punish. They could get anyone to come on to the show and read the news and they choose that annoying munchkin.

nrlnrl

First Grade
Apathy and ignorance seems to suit you well. You have ignored the main thrust of the comment. Rugby league (especially International ) is being treated like a 2nd class citizen on a designated rugby league channel. The rugby league world cup in Australia was not given anywhere near the promotion and exposure union has been given. If you think that's fair or not worthy to.note? We completely dissagree.
I understand your point, but as Fox Sports didn't have the rights for the RLWC that would explain the lack of promotion & exposure. The main focus at the moment if the NRL Finals & NRLW which have been promoted heavily across other Foxtel channels (I've noticed them on other Fox Sports channels & Foxtel channels). It was the same with cricket. Foxtel had the shared rights for the CWC, but not The Ashes - hence the same approach.

Stallion

First Grade
I understand your point, but as Fox Sports didn't have the rights for the RLWC that would explain the lack of promotion & exposure. The main focus at the moment if the NRL Finals & NRLW which have been promoted heavily across other Foxtel channels (I've noticed them on other Fox Sports channels & Foxtel channels). It was the same with cricket. Foxtel had the shared rights for the CWC, but not The Ashes - hence the same approach.

? The innaugural Rugby league World Nines in Sydney is being covered by Fox and is certainly not getting the publicity or push like the union tournament?

Latest posts