What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yes or No

Canceled Red V Membership

• Yes

Votes: 51 79.7%
  • No

Votes: 13 20.3%

• Total voters

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Quick question and again yes or no.

If McGregor is sacked and replaced by Barrett, would you jump (rejoin/renew) on the membership bandwagon?
Yes. I’m a man of my word, and I told the dragons repeatedly when they kept calling to try and get me to renew that I would once Doust & McGregor are gone..

So I’ll keep my word, even if they replaced McGreogor with Pauline Hanson.

BLM01

First Grade
Me i did in my 9th year that was the debacle of 2016. I did not want to be one of those 10 year members paraded atd the ground waving at the crowd supporting the current regime.
Also I thought with the games here there and everywhere, minimal at WIN in good time slots..I thought it was not worth it anymore for a baseball cap and another key ring.
I just buy a ticket in the grandstand before game day when i feel it is worth viewing.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
When I declined to renew my Red V membership during the RGRV 'strategy' I was told that I would lose my loyal supporter status. It was funny, I mean who decides if I'm loyal or not? I explained that I had been supporting Saints since the Leagues Club opened in 1963 and I'm comfortable with my decision.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
When I declined to renew my Red V membership during the RGRV 'strategy' I was told that I would lose my loyal supporter status. It was funny, I mean who decides if I'm loyal or not? I explained that I had been supporting Saints since the Leagues Club opened in 1963 and I'm comfortable with my decision.
I don’t know if you got the same treatment I did, but I reckon I had 5 or 6 calls trying to get me to renew when I lapsed.. Then another 2 after Doust announced he was going (they must have added notes to my file as when the guy called me he mentioned I was waiting for change to renew)

But.. I reckon I would have spent over 2 hours on the phone with him all up (same guy every time)

But it got me thinking - they would have spent more in wages trying to get me back than any profit my membership would have brought in..

SEAT 1A

Bench
Yes.

I'm not going to let the current admin and coach effect me from going to the game watching the lads win or lose.

Saying that, my expression of utter disbelief that Mary is still the coach didn't change from the time Rav knocked on against Parra till the end of the game which is a first.

j0nesy

Bench
As I stated in another thread, I’ve been a 1 eyed dragon since 1975. As of a month ago, enough was enough. I cannot & will not support this shit sandwich any more, I pulled my red v membership this year, I cdid the same 3 years ago. However I crumbled & rejoined this year & will never forgive myself that I have contributed financially to this crap we find ourselves in. Before my first leave of absence I have been a red v member for 15+ years. I contacted the club voiced my concerns & asked them to cancel my membership immediately, which they did.

Out of curiosity who has also canceled their red v membership this year or in the preceding years to this current fiasco?

I cancelled when Price was coach, or not long after. I watched them fumble fart around the field and was frustrated by it. But then when the brains trust decided to adopt RGRV and we lost a number of home games I decided that that would do me. Nothing that I have seen since has enticed me back.

Jersey No 14

Juniors
To The people and management of St. George - Illawarra

Be no mistake what I think of your (let say) consistant ways. RIGHT ACROSS THE BOARD
The last shard of optimism left me when I walked out of Kograrh last weekend.
My pessimism now knows no bounds. As above in all the comments
I'm done and dusted.
But
Because of your arrogant ways I'm now a forced hypocrite.
Sunday I will be attending the game. I won't however send a single sent more than you don't already have.
The only reason I will be attending - is for the Honour of seeing James Graham pass a distinctive milestone.
God love him.

Thank you James - Your a man who can hold his head up.
You must be so proud of you efforts

Congratulations to you, you are a true Rugby League Immortal

Lethal25

Juniors
I wrote the below to them on 16 July this year, to date zero response

I’m writing to let you know that I will not be renewing my membership for next season. I’ve held membership for 10 seasons along with my son William who has had membership for 5 seasons.

The only reason I’m not renewing is the appointment of the head coach.

After Bennett left the club Steve Price was employed, the team performances quickly went downhill. The decision to then employ Paul McGregor who has now had roughly five years of opportunity with the team has in my opinion fallen short in results. To extend his contract after some early season wins when clearly no other club was chasing him beggars belief. Since then we have seen the team go 2 and 8. Whilst I appreciate the team has had issues with regard to De Belin and injuries they are not any worse off than several clubs including teams such as Manly, Cronulla & Penrith. It’s not only the results but the baffling team selections and continual excuses and deflection tossed up by McGregor. I choose not to pay $500 each year and help fund the employment of the head coach.

If Paul McGregor is removed as head coach prior to membership renewal time I will renew under the proviso his replacement is not somebody already involved in the current coaching set up. I also understand it’s a simple maths game and the club will only move on the coach if it makes sense financially, the thing that can’t be measured is the damage it’s doing to supporters who may not already be financial with the club and potential supporters who choose not to follow the club based on poor performance. Unfortunately my 10 year old son who I invested 5 years with in attempting to have him support the Dragons has this year decided he’s a Souths fan. He told me how he didn’t like the way the Dragons played and how they keep losing each week.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
I want to cancel...believe me...but I don't want to be a band wagon fan that will jump back on when the team is playing well (plus I have a killer seat at Kogarah I don't want to give up).

As I stated in another thread, I’ve been a 1 eyed dragon since 1975. As of a month ago, enough was enough. I cannot & will not support this shit sandwich any more, I pulled my red v membership this year, I cdid the same 3 years ago. However I crumbled & rejoined this year & will never forgive myself that I have contributed financially to this crap we find ourselves in. Before my first leave of absence I have been a red v member for 15+ years. I contacted the club voiced my concerns & asked them to cancel my membership immediately, which they did.

Out of curiosity who has also canceled their red v membership this year or in the preceding years to this current fiasco?
I’ve been a member since 2009 so that’s a decade but this year I had health issues on my plate so I had to make a decision on a few things and club memberships were first to go

SBD82

Coach
Quick question and again yes or no.

If McGregor is sacked and replaced by Barrett, would you jump (rejoin/renew) on the membership bandwagon?
I think this is a very important point.

McGregor is a problem, and a huge one. But he is a symptom of a larger problem, and Barrett would be no different.

Until the club becomes a meritocracy at all levels including the board, getting rid of one cog in the machine and replacing it with a similar part will make no difference in my opinion.

Latest posts