What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trade Ivan to Penrith for 2019

macnaz

Staff member
Cant believe he didnt have a case to answer after confronting the referee the other week at half time . Whether he swore or not doesnt matter , he denied saying anything yet was heard by several people including match officials apparently.. then came out and said he did but it wasnt anything untoward.... lying yet again.

Yes, Ivan has set a very ugly and dangerous precedent and encouraged young people to abuse officials.

We all remember the very ugly incident when Andrew Fifita threatened and bullied a child match official. This was in ivan’s precinct as well and Gould had to ban the giant cabbage for brains from their junior league catchment.

You would think Ivan would know better, but he doesn’t because all he is too concerned with how important he is to worry about the good of the game.

When you think about it, it is consistent with ivan’s generally shameful and selfish character and that’s why it’s pleasing and a tribute to the game that karma is having its way with him.

The entire league was more than uplifted when the panthers played like burnt crumpets against park footballers dogsters and lost their best player for a trip.

We can only presume that Maloney’s trip was another one of ivan’s superb coaching techniques ( pointless Ill discipline) in action but there will be no bullying of the officials of judiciary that this clown can lie his way out of.

The game waits for lyin ivan to go too far one day and to get struck off the roll of coaches.

The panthers are a club beneath contempt for their continued support of him. Mark my words, he will betray them too and they will come crawling back to us apologising for their unseemly, corrupt and unconscionable conduct.

Lyin Ivan the match official abuser, being creepy in the tunnel.

Another dark era emerges for righteous rugby league fans everywhere.

The game needs to cleanse itself of people who abuse officials. They are the bottom of the barrel in my book.

Last edited:

super_coach

First Grade
Just saw the fox interview, Ivan was shown up as a guy who tells plenty of porkies and is a weasel. He told three different accounts of the tunnel incident in three interviews with the media.

Comes on the show trying to portray the Mr nice guy image with that grubby smirk on his face. A low human

Vic Mackey

Referee
Just saw the fox interview, Ivan was shown up as a guy who tells plenty of porkies and is a weasel. He told three different accounts of the tunnel incident in three interviews with the media.

Comes on the show trying to portray the Mr nice guy image with that grubby smirk on his face. A low human

His image has taken a complete battering. I very much doubt he see’s his contract out at Penrith. The bloke will be pretty much unemployable after it.

The unknown

Juniors

Lol I saw it quickly on Facebook. He looked rattled

You can only tell lies for so long

super_coach

First Grade
Just a shame that Kent did not aim up at Cleary and put him under the pump. It was obvious to all and sundry that Cleary was full of it when trying to talk his way around the tunnel incident. The guy is a compulsive liar.

Anyway as Vic and others have said, his days as a head coach are very numbered and it has to be remembered the main reason the jaw was recruited to Penrith was to keep junior jaw on their books, and after this year I think they would be happy to see the back of both of them. Having a no7 on your books who is costing you a cool million a year who is slow and unable to organise your attack is not a ideal situation

A day without criticising lyin ivan is a day devoid of contributing to the league.

In the cut and thrust of posting things, I’d almost forgotten that Ivan abandoned our side by way of text message.

I don’t need to point out that this was disrespectful and hurtful to players who had bled for him. It was a shameful act of extreme cowardice.

Our players and others learned a very bad message- that its ok to treat people like crap.

It’s the same kind of message that Ben Barba was giving the world when he was in yet another drunken stupor and yet again, abusing his poor defenceless wife. It almost brought the game to its knees.

Well ivan, it’s not ok to text people like that.

We will not rest until you are rubbed out of the game forever.

We are not your meth head ice addicts from the Penrith high street. We have the capacity for thought.

You shat on the wrong guys.

Last edited:

super_coach

First Grade
One thing that has to be noted is.....If Ivan was actually a man with some integrity we would not have Madge now. So we were the winners and it would appear Riff were the big losers.

Anyway let’s hope karma keeps dumping on IC

I saw ic talking to kent, he made a very bad impression and I’m looking forward to unpacking his disingenuous half truths when I get the time.

In the meantime a few observations:

He said he felt bad when he felt his integrity was under attack. That wrongly presumes he has integrity in the first place.

He didn’t like to be called dumb. Ic, that is a compliment in your case. This basically arises because your team is playing worse than they did under Hook. They have dumbed down since you joined them.

He didn’t like to complain about media criticising him. That is why he rang Kent and others to complain.

He said he treats his son like another player. Tell that to dwz. The lad is near on untouchable. Not the youngsters fault, he’s a fine young man.

He was unable to explain away the match official event and admitted he’s given different accounts. He brought no clarity at all to the allegations made against him.

If Ivan was there to promote his cause, it was very ill advised and the general take away is that he has even more invested in him himself than even we ever contemplated.My guess is that he made this dumb decision himself. That should ring alarm bells with the Panther board. He’s getting out of control.

Kent guessed quite correctly that ic would appear and proceed to dig his own grave and that’s precisely what happened.

Last edited:
For many of the betrayed, there is no closure until he’s finished in this mans nrl.

He’s fair game until he stops being so precious about himself and his self aggrandising rugby league nobility.

He brought this on himself.

Who gives a shit what he's saying about anything. .he left us in better shape than when he came ...he's there..we're ok...move on

Agree mate. He'll have snaffled enough coin up in this deal that he'll be able to get a job at Bunnings part time and still be able to enjoy the rest of his life.

I’m staying solid as against him.

If people are ok with him, that’s their full right.

But in my view, there’s unfinished business.

This club is not roadkill for ivan’s vanity or sense of self entitlement.

Yeah...well i doubt he reads anything here

Even if he did, he wouldn’t agree with it or change his view.

But his own views about himself, they matter not.

Self praise is no praise.

What matters is that other folk have the opportunity to get different information and an opinion on his beliefs and conduct if only for educative or even humourous purposes.

If Ivan was walking next to me in the Penrith high street and another wt supporter went to attack him physically, I’d be right in there to help ivan from his attacker straight away. I wouldn’t hesitate.

But as for His own conduct and views, these need to be regularly condemned until he repents and makes good.

I don’t hate ivan, I’m trying to help him.

Crazyperpman

Juniors
Honestly as some have said its time to build a bridge.

If he is so bad and such a bad coach everyone should all be glad he is gone and most are.

As David Lee Roth once said: "The hood ornament is for seeing where you are going and the rear vision mirror is for seeing how good you look while getting there"

Good luck in your travels Ivan, as long as you consistently finish below the Tigers I wish you all the best mate.

At the end of the day, ivan lied and cheated us.

He pissed on our backs and told us it was raining.

He is the only one in the nrl apart from the rabble at panthers management who think people trust and look up to him.

We don’t Ivan.

You have no credibility, find other sport to deface.

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade
I think it's all turned out great for us so I don't hate Ivan. It's a similar situation to Sharon leaving. We come out of the situation in a better state. Unfortunately Ivan did recruit pretty poorly in some ways but we will get over that.

Latest posts