What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

BrotherJim05

Bench
If we had the cap space Addo-Carr would be a realistic signing. He even said when he left that he hoped to return to the Tigers one day. He and his entire family are passionate Tigers fans.

All we would then need is to get Tedesco back lol

gordsy

Juniors
If we had the cap space Addo-Carr would be a realistic signing. He even said when he left that he hoped to return to the Tigers one day. He and his entire family are passionate Tigers fans.

All we would then need is to get Tedesco back lol
And a consistent pack alongside a half 5/8 combo that gives them clean early ball

Last edited:

Perth Tiger

Bench
We should be inquiring about Aiden Sezer. He will be playing reserve grade next year and we could use his kicking game and he was a gun goal kicker in his younger days

Perth Tiger

Bench
He signed with the super league for next season
Really? I haven’t seen that.

While watching Melbourne and a few tins in, might as well see if we can make a play at this Hynes fella. As we have seen with Matterson, trying to get players from the top 2 or 3 systems that are looking for regular starting positions being blocked by established players is probably the best bet for us at the moment.

Vic Mackey

Referee
While watching Melbourne and a few tins in, might as well see if we can make a play at this Hynes fella. As we have seen with Matterson, trying to get players from the top 2 or 3 systems that are looking for regular starting positions being blocked by established players is probably the best bet for us at the moment.

Said the exact same thing mate. Believe it or not he’s a goal kicker too. What else do we need? Sign him up!

Hoofhearted

Juniors
He signed with the super league for next season
I thought I read that he hasn't committed yet, his preference was to stay at the raiders and he wants to fight for his spot.
I'd probably prefer they get a young guy in there for next year, if Benji can keep playing well he can also help a young guy along and get him ready.

gordsy

Juniors
I know ricky doesn't have a great record with halfbacks but you would think if seizer was good other clubs would be lining up to sign him ??

Pezz70

Juniors
I think we should be looking at a player like Brenko Lee, big body, pretty quick wasted at Gold Coast and off contract this season. Only 24 would be value and can play centre, wing and fullback

tiger102

Juniors
I see others on here have have already mentioned this so there may be something to it. This is the “rumours” section, im just passing on what i have heard and this is the place to post it, so here goes -

Take this post with a grain of salt as nothing may come of it and it could all be misinformation and Chinese whispers from all involved but ive heard from 3 different sources, 2 from within the club [a trainer and a friend in the back office] and from a league reporter who was with the trainer when i spoke to him, that theres a strong possibility Kevs kid, Bill Walters has/is signing with the Tigers as he is off contract with the Storm next year.

From my conversations with these guys i also picked their brains to find out that the club is also looking to move on a long serving club favourite however are open to a 1 year contract to get him to 15 years of service and a 250 game, 1 club player if he wants it. He wouldnt want much so the club can go either way. Benji is a 95% chance to go on for another year thus next year like this year will be a swansong for 2 Tiger greats playing in their final year [Benji twice now as this was to be his last year with Robbie but his body is holding up and Maguire wants his experience on the field around a young half back in Walters].

The club will not resign most that are coming off contract this year and in 2020, freeing up 15-20 new spots for the top 30 in the 2021 season. They have also been looking at players overseas to import with such a large number of spots available to fill by 2021. As with all of us fans, the club knows that the current roster is complete trash and they are still fuming over the Ivan situation and have given Maguire 100% control to build his team with no salary cap issues from 2021 with the hope of results by 2022, i.e consistent Top 6 quality side on wards . The club knows we have no chance to get anywhere near the 8 with the current players and quality of recent player signings and will be doing another complete shedding from players coming off contract. 2020 will be a hard year and will produce much the same as this year in terms of results, possibly jag 7 - 8th spot if a few results go our way next year, but they are realistically expecting a 9th - 13th place with the quality they are putting on the park and going out of their way to shed the roster and clean up cap space and hope the fans can see what they are doing. Maguire has complete and final say in signings and it all rests on his head.

Major top $$$ sponsors, ill assume for 3rd party agreements are being chased hard to be competitive with current top 8 sides, this is a priority.

Next year will be -

Benji/Brooks - 6
Walters/Brooks - 7
Liddle/Brooks - 9

The club isnt sure where to play Brooks, they dont feel continuing to play him at half back will bring the club any success and he isnt coming along as they had hoped by now but they see him as a key player thats good for the club in utility value and is well liked. Pending an upper-body bulk up in the offseason, he will play as hooker shared with Liddle next year and they will trial him in and out of there for the remainder of this year and trials early next year. From the bulk up of playing hooker and hoping he doesn't lose too much pace, they could be looking at playing him as a bigger running 5/8 in 2021 after Benji leaves with Walters in the half-back role controlling the play and leaving Liddle who is older/fitter/heavier to play hooker full time in 2021. Liddle is signed to 2021, if he isn't producing/more injuries, he will be gone after 2020/2021.

Reynolds will be offloaded to either the Storm or Titans. Club in talks with both teams to offload Reynolds and in talks with 3 others teams to offload a couple of others under contract. Overseas clubs are being talked to, i.e player swaps.

Also another rumour is a very fast, dynamic, young outside back has/is signing soon and a big named hard-working forward [2nd row/lock] in the Maddison quality range has agreed to terms but has not signed, a family issue, i.e. partners employment could keep him from coming as he would be moving interstate and wants his family to move with him. So that could go 50/50 on that one. The Tigers are hoping Aloiai’s fitness and discipline improves from a 40-50 minute player to a 60+ minute player as they want some starch in the back row with this line-up - 11. Maddison 12. new signing 13. Aloiai.

That will be pretty much all the big signings until the team takes the park in 2021/2022. Very lean otherwise in the signing department, lots of second-stringers to fill in a gap year or 2, think Momo quality level.

When the outside back and the forward signings are 100% confirmed to me, I will name them.

Standby.
I saw this on another forum, t's a good read but not much joy for next year.

Billy Walters ah, if he turns out half as good as his old man and uncles, that certainly puts him well in front of many of the Tigers current batch.

Brooks as a possible 9, didn’t see that coming but why not, not really killing it and showing that he’s the long term answer at 7 however, I don’t know why they don’t let him audition as the 6 for the rest of the season.

Interesting about moving on a club favourite, we all know that that can only be Chris Lawrence, my issue there is, who in the club is better in the same position who Chris is keeping out of the 17 because he is a club favourite? Odd.

Interesting about Reynolds to Storm or Titans and the back rower who is in doubt because of his partner and her job, I recall when the story came out about Reynolds partner and her miscarriage, they were both naturally devastated but he mentioned about their respective families support. I thought Reynolds wanted to remain in Sydney. Money talks I know but!

tiger102, any rumour about a former player wanting to return to the club? Hint: former SOO and Aust rep, former club captain, plays for a club based in ‘the shire’. I have heard this twice in the past few weeks but simply thought it was just a dumb rumour and not worth repeating.

Tiger05

First Grade
^^^
A bunch of this stuff sounds like pipe dreams. I just figure let's see what we end up with.

Tiger05

First Grade
tiger102, any rumour about a former player wanting to return to the club? Hint: former SOO and Aust rep, former club captain, plays for a club based in ‘the shire’. I have heard this twice in the past few weeks but simply thought it was just a dumb rumour and not worth repeating.

A gun prop is exactly what we need but I'm not sure if Sharon is the guy we want. If we could get Payne Hass our middle forwards would be unreal.

Shredder

Juniors
I have a slightly different take 05. I personally think Haas is not who we need. We have the makings of a good YOUNG pack here.

8 Clark
9 ???
11 Matterson
12 Garner
13 Aloiai

14 Twal
15 Mikaele
17 Chee-Kam

I think what we actually need is a forwards leads. Someone who has done the hard yards, maybe played origin and / or internationally and can push these young guys. Someone like James Graham or Wade Graham (not suggesting these two, just "in the style of").

I think (for once) our forwards have actually had a good season, its our backs that have let us down.

Latest posts