What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OldPanther

Coach
Jesus, man, I understand.

Hell, you poor bastards were so traumatised by East's raiding your ranks that you jumped ship to superleague to get away from it all. That's commitment!

Exactly. The story of the evil empire of Eastern Suburbs ruining a good Western Sydney club and chasing them out of the comp. A tragedy for the ages. We had our Rocky Balboa moment in 2003 when good Triumphed over evil and the downtrodden everywhere sang with joy and celebrations went for many days and nights.

But the spirit of The Roosters endured. Their life-force is bound to the premiership, and the Premiership survived. The Roosters returned. Their salary cap has multiplied; their fortress of Eastern Sydney is being rebuilt in the land of Moore Park. The Roosters need only this Premiership to cover all the lands in a second darkness. They are seeking it. Seeking it, all their thought is bent on it, and the prem yearns above all else to return the hand of the Roosters. They are one, the Premiership and the Roosters. @sensesmaybenumbed .. they must never win a premiership again.

TheFrog

Coach
But the spirit of The Roosters endured. Their life-force is bound to the premiership, and the Premiership survived. The Roosters returned. Their salary cap has multiplied; their fortress of Eastern Sydney is being rebuilt in the land of Moore Park. The Roosters need only this Premiership to cover all the lands in a second darkness. They are seeking it. Seeking it, all their thought is bent on it, and the prem yearns above all else to return the hand of the Roosters. They are one, the Premiership and the Roosters.
Sounds very Fellowship of the Ring. Would I be right?

TheFrog

Coach
Didn't read the book till the first movie came out but read the lot before the second. So many hippy mates were on me in the 70s to read it. They were right.

strider

Post Whore
Sorry penrith people. Your fellow penrith supporter @hindy111 frequents our forum too. He is a bit unsettled since moving back into his mum and dad's shed

You might have brainwashed young Dinky, chummed up to Janet and all that. She doesn’t want to lose her friends.

But the club is going to dump May and not too many of you are going to argue with it.

You’ll soon come to your senses and readily accept it was the right thing to do.

I’ll be gracious enough.

He is not anything close to Panther material.

Panther guys don’t commit sex crimes and then brag about themselves in relation to it, 2 years later.

A

Again sprouting crap and answering nothing
If you are so outraged why do you still support the tigers after Hopoate showed his finger up players butts supported and laughed at by fellow tigers players and coaches .yet you still support that club.total hypocrisy at the highest level
This thread is supposed to be about Tyrone, not hunting and abusing the shiz out of me. It’s basically turned into that because no one has been able to put up a decent argument as to why he should remain at the club.

Name calling at me and all that is weak as piss.

If he stays, the media are going to crucify the club for harbouring him. It will be seen as putting its own interests before the victims and others.

Then a couple of big sponsors are going to up and leave as sure as night follows day. They will say the club’s values no longer accord with their own. Probably a number of members will no longer want to renew. At least a few hundred of the old guard will cash in their chips.

Schools are heavily into women’s rights and raising good citizens, I can’t see them wanting any connection either.

The schools are busy trying to teach young blokes to respect women. The club sends a bad message about that if they don’t act.

Worse still, people will associate the mighty prowlers with the club and some might want to disconnect with them or feel uneasy about it.

There will be a lot of whispering about it around town and any time anyone from the Panthers wants to be taken seriously, they will be pretty much laughed at behind their backs.

All credibility shot to pieces. It’s hanging by a thread as it is.

People still in attack tsp mode.

As I said before, this happens when people don’t have a counter argument. They resort to hurling personal insults, swearing and being needlessly aggressive and bullying. Then they try to isolate you. They do almost anything to avoid the substance.

They don’t have their heads around the idea of a forum. A forum shouldn’t be an echo chamber. It should be to exchange info according to rules.

Mobby dismisses my claims of sponsorship concerns with his own 2 examples which he won’t cite. I mean that’s ok, I understand his reluctance, but I’m looking at the big sponsors and speculating on their thoughts.

Anyway, fellow forumers, let’s continue our examination of the current crisis.

From the outside looking in, the club is struggling and the subject of daily condemnation. That’s a real problem, whether anyone here wants to admit it or not.

How is the club going to repair its damaged reputation?

What is it saying to sponsors and the community now?

And why is the continuing tenure of May in its interests?

If they keep him, what is there strategy of dealing with the inevitable outcry?

If he’s sacked, what support will they give him?

Will he still be around the club and if so, why?

How much influence does Ivan have?

These are interesting questions worthy of consideration.

Sure I’m boycotting your sponsors products while this remains unresolved. But I’m not out there writing to people, politicians, ringing radio stations or making any additional effort to end his tenure and attack the club. I’m here on Lu dealing with this on an in-house lu basis.

To be honest I’d rather post without the pointless swearing and hatred and continue our assessment unimpeded by the brutality and ignorance we’ve seen here recently.

Last edited:
Well in all honestly, the post and the likes received may suggest that there is an issue with Tyrone and perhaps others failing to come to grips with the issue of affording women with respect and speaking out against sexual violence which so many women endure in our society.

So it might be time for the club to have a proper meeting with players and all staff to address this important topic. Compulsory attendance. Others invited too.

Firstly, all the members of the board should speak in turn committing to the meeting.

Then some role models. I’d invite Luke Lewis back to the club to talk about his very difficult upbringing and other respected players with their stories.

Then probably an academic to present the stark statistics and Police officers/law enforcement. They can also spell out behaviours that are illegal and penalties.

And it might be hard to stomach for some, but an invitation should go out to victims to share their harrowing accounts. I am sure some will come forward.

I would invite Mays victims to prepare a statement about what’s happened to them and how they feel about it. It can read out by a legend or the chairman.

Then Mr Waugh of the prowlers can address the audience to get their perspective and how their efforts to promote the club are undermined when players engage in bad behaviour. He’s a great teacher. If you meet him, it’s good to shut up and listen.

I think I would invite a sponsor or two to share with the players the importance of the topic and how their brand aspires to promote women’s engagement in all aspects of their work etc.

Then so the push is not forgotten, the creation of a permanent committee to oversee the implementation of rules and policies to protect and promote women and oppose violence. That can be an open committee that players can join and give them a sense of achievement and belonging. A certificate can be issued and even hanged up at the club entrance next to photos so patrons can acknowledge the players committed to the project. I think a lot of people would appreciate that.

So there’s another way to help overcome the contempt and derision for the Panthers at the moment that many have for you on a social level. Thoughts of grubbiness and rampart sexism. Rightly or wrongly.

As you can see, no waiting 18 days to do anything. That just ended in more pressure and growing media and public criticism.

The Panthers can turn the whole thing around if they learn from the experience and be pro-active.

Even better, other clubs may follow suit and it can a positive effect on the whole game.

This is known as leadership. Much better plan than the apparent paralysis we saw straight after the gf mischief.

Those are my thoughts at the moment.

Last edited:
The other thing would be to tape the grand meeting and keep a permanent link to it on the website.

The first thing a player must do when they join the club is to sit down and watch it and perhaps a test on its significant points.

That will focus attention on the material.

If he's still on social media what instagram handle is he currently using.
Aliceinwonderland?

ColdWetPanther?

Or Lambchop who seems to think this is all a cunning ploy to sack him. Pfft. That was the most bizarre thing I have read on LU ever. I mean that's entering donating brain for scientific experiments after life territory. And that's not having anything against him/her either.

Last edited: