What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 championship & league one..

roughyedspud

Coach
To be honest....if you aren't English shut the f**k up...shove ya fantasist nonsense where the sun don't shine...

In 2021 SL will move to 14 teams..with 1up/1down P&R and us in the championship & league 1 will have 12 teams in each league with our own TV deal...that's how it'll be...no conferences or any of that shit

deluded pom?

Coach
To be honest....if you aren't English shut the f**k up...shove ya fantasist nonsense where the sun don't shine...

In 2021 SL will move to 14 teams..with 1up/1down P&R and us in the championship & league 1 will have 12 teams in each league with our own TV deal...that's how it'll be...no conferences or any of that shit
Chillax 'spud.

Walter sobchak

First Grade
I hope this is the goal.

As much as traditionalists would like to say England should just stand alone and not bother with overseas expansion ideas, the fact is it needs new blood.
The world is shrinking and big towns in a small section of 1 country playing elite professional sport has a severely limited scope. (This applies for Australia too but less severely).
Sponsors and broadcasts across Europe and America is an opportunity that can not be turned down.

Rugby Union finds itself in the same position in Australia. As a 3rd or 4th choice football code, it could not survive at a professional level without SANZAAR.
I think the conference format is the best of both worlds. An international conference safeguards these expansion clubs from relegation while a English conference still allows promotion and relegation to and from a hopefully full time professional championship.

adamkungl

Immortal

For now
The League has to figure out what it plans to do with all these French and American teams mate.
Any more than 2-3 and it will become problematic without some real structure behind it.

Walter sobchak

First Grade

Mate you’re on a Aussie forum.

Walter sobchak

First Grade
For now
The League has to figure out what it plans to do with all these French and American teams mate.
Any more than 2-3 and it will become problematic without some real structure behind it.
Why do I get the feeling that the RFL are just winging it.

Walter sobchak

First Grade
Toulouse beat Sheffield 56-18 in France staying in 2nd place for now. York, Leigh and featherstone all play tomorrow.

llias bergal scores 2 more tries for Toulouse taking his tally to 8 tries in 2 games.

Tigers1986

Juniors
Surprising it didn't make news anywhere, but West Wales won their first ever game last night. They beat Coventry 44-16. Just reward for a team who has struggled and had their existence questioned.

Walter sobchak

First Grade
Surprising it didn't make news anywhere, but West Wales won their first ever game last night. They beat Coventry 44-16. Just reward for a team who has struggled and had their existence questioned.
Quite a convincing win too by the looks of it. Well done west wales raiders.

Walter sobchak

First Grade
Looking forward to listening to the York v Bradford match this afternoon on the radio. Should be a good crowd as well.

No to Ottawa

As reported in this very column a few weeks ago, Ottawa will not be taking part in League 1 in 2020.

They have not been able to meet the deadlines set by the RFL for entry. Talks are ongoing about the format for the league from 2021 onwards, with the view to further American expansion.

Championship play-off exposure

It’s expected that every game in the Championship play-offs will be broadcast live by Sky Sports, as the competition continues to prove its worth.

There will be six games in total, which are likely to be split between Saturday and Sunday nights so they don’t clash with Super League games.

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/pos...kHg0r7wUpWphqCNSs2ipzxq2o2VH6w8YArgLHQy7WVzIU

Walter sobchak

First Grade
Some close and hard fought games this afternoon in the championship with York beating barrow at barrow 24-16. While featherstone just pipped dewsbury 25-24 at dewsbury. Toulouse travelled to Halifax and won 30-22 and Leigh came from behind at home to beat swinton 31-30.

Finally Toronto beat Bradford at Bradford 25-20.

The championship is by far more exciting than super league this season and the rest of the season and playoffs promises to be no different.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
I just have to ask it, WHAT THE f**k IS WRONG WITH POMS?

Has anyone else been reading TRL lately and all the absolute crap they continually talk about Toronto. If they are denied promotion if they win it, I'll completely stop following RL. The fans over there make my blood boil. I wish it was some other country that created RL, they are doing their damned best to kill the f**king game. The NRL aren't much better with their delaying expansion umming and arhhhing for 20 freaking years. It's not your game soley, f**k you negative living in the 1950's arseholes..

Rant over.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
I just have to ask it, WHAT THE f**k IS WRONG WITH POMS?

Has anyone else been reading TRL lately and all the absolute crap they continually talk about Toronto. If they are denied promotion if they win it, I'll completely stop following RL. The fans over there make my blood boil. I wish it was some other country that created RL, they are doing their damned best to kill the f**king game. The NRL aren't much better with their delaying expansion umming and arhhhing for 20 freaking years. It's not your game soley, f**k you negative living in the 1950's arseholes..

Rant over.

A recent podcast (I think it was 5 live with Steve Mascord on as a guest, don't quote me on this though) suggested that Toronto may prefer the championship, the suggestion was that they may elect to wait there for New York and Ottowa as it is easier to sell a TV deal with all of them in the same league, plus Toulouse and potentially London give the comp a bit of marketing power with the big city teams.

This wasn't anything official from Toronto of course, just an interesting thing to think about.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
A recent podcast (I think it was 5 live with Steve Mascord on as a guest, don't quote me on this though) suggested that Toronto may prefer the championship, the suggestion was that they may elect to wait there for New York and Ottowa as it is easier to sell a TV deal with all of them in the same league, plus Toulouse and potentially London give the comp a bit of marketing power with the big city teams.

This wasn't anything official from Toronto of course, just an interesting thing to think about.
I have no problem with that if they prefer to go down that route, I have a problem with the English fans, they are the most miserable lot of wankers I have ever seen on any forum. It is a just and deserved moniker "the WHINGING pom".

Walter sobchak

First Grade
I’ll keep saying it until im blue in the face but A conference system/format is the only logical way out of this mess :-

English conference of say 10 teams with promotion and relegation.

International ring fenced conference of say 6 which will include London, Toulouse, Catalan and Toronto eventually expanding to include Ottawa and New York.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Why can't they just have a 14 -16 team SL with 10, 12 English teams that get P/R leaving the other clubs trying to grow the actual game safe so they can do just that?

Sorry to some of our English fans, most who post here at this forum have a brain that works I do not put you in with the lot I mentioned above that post at total rugby league.

It's not bloody hard, expansion teams outside the country doing all they can to grow the game are safe be it 2-4-6 or 8 whilst your useless pit village once was in 1921 that has done f**k all for 125 since has a chance to join them if good enough or a rich dude is ready to pump to dollars in.

We all love the game, we wouldn't argue about it otherwise, but fair dinkum, if you really loved it outside Leigh and Featherstone, you'd be happy to open it up.

It doesn't mean the end of your club if they have teams from outside the UK, I am totally against that, but if we want new teams from elsewhere with big money, you're going to have to live with it. It's not the end of the world, it's a new beginning. 14-16 team SL with 3-4-5-6 places guaranteed for expansion teams.

If not, I hope the NRL offer Toronto a place and give them a nice cap to pillage the RFL for all it can because they obviously don't want the game to grow and either do the fans, might be better off taking the best and hoping a new territory plugs the gap and then some.

Again no offence to the few poms that post here, you guys have your head screwed on.

Latest posts