What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 21 V Sharks

Fangs

Coach
If we win this then MOM will be Nathan Cleary. This game is made for him.

Luai/Maloney out. Team has lost two on the trot. He needs to pull out a Roosters/Eels performance from earlier in the year. Effort alone will see him give more to his team than Dugan/Johnson/Towshend who have been very poor all year. The Sharks forward pack will be their way to victory.

Yes Fangs, pat yourself on the back once again.

thanks mate, good fightback from you guys.

good to end the hoodoo finally.

next year we should rock
9. Cleary
6. Luai
7. Burton
14. Kenny?
Nah mate. We were stupid tonight. It would have been not worthy if we jagged that.
You guys out enthused us from the outset, and held on well.

forby

Juniors
Cleary does look better without Maloney there. Augurs well for the future. Could we rest Maloney against the Broncs, then go full bore with confident halves.
Spencer went well in his short stint, ran it up well and tackled well.
Considering all the stats went Cronulla’s way it was a terrific effort.
16 of this squad made their debut here, makes me feel extra proud to be a Panther!
It will continue to get better,

snickers007

Juniors
Good to see the Panthers cycle is in full swing. Burton had a solid game, but he should still be behind Luai and May in the pecking order next year.

At a dinner tonight, but sounds like an interesting game?

Cleary played well I gather? Caught that highlight of him setting up the try in the middle.

age.s

First Grade
Reckon Ivan deserves some credit tonight. After a tough week he made a handful of big calls and they've all worked out. The debutants are the obvious ones, but starting Leota and shielding Yeo from the first 20 was a masterstroke and putting Martin next to Burton wasn't far behind. Leota thrived in that first 20 and Yeo's shoulder has clearly hindered him while playing 80. The Sharks drove a fair bit at our left side early. Martin just destroyed anyone who even thought at running at his rookie 5/8.

Big win. You could feel that they were going to come back at us hard at some point. We did very well to hold them off. Still not perfect with the ball but miles better which we'll take after the fortnight we've had.

Surely that's it for Katoa. So very clearly not in the coaches plans. A shame.

OldPanther

Coach
Reckon Ivan deserves some credit tonight. After a tough week he made a handful of big calls and they've all worked out. The debutants are the obvious ones, but starting Leota and shielding Yeo from the first 20 was a masterstroke and putting Martin next to Burton wasn't far behind. Leota thrived in that first 20 and Yeo's shoulder has clearly hindered him while playing 80. The Sharks drove a fair bit at our left side early. Martin just destroyed anyone who even thought at running at his rookie 5/8.

Big win. You could feel that they were going to come back at us hard at some point. We did very well to hold them off. Still not perfect with the ball but miles better which we'll take after the fortnight we've had.

Surely that's it for Katoa. So very clearly not in the coaches plans. A shame.

Funny you say that because it was when Kikau/Martin switched we started leaking points.

Full credit to Ivan for having the guts to Debut 3 guys against a good team we haven't b e a ten in 3 or 4 years.

I love all the talk of Nathan having no try assists and he will crumble when Jimmy goes. Showed everyone up and my defence of him on Reddit doesn't look so crazy now.

age.s

First Grade
Funny you say that because it was when Kikau/Martin switched we started leaking points.

Yeah the thought crossed my mind as well. I think you could attribute Johnson's break for the Morris try as being related to the switch. Kikau and Burton were not on the same page at all there.

Kilkenny

Coach
Full credit to the 15 players who played tonight.

Not sure Ivan deserves all the plaudits can never understand why in a 17 man game you don’t use the full 17 to maximum benefit.

Great win against our bogey team but could have been a more comfortable win with better use of our bench. My opinion anyway.

age.s

First Grade
Also, was surprised how much I liked Hook in the commentary box. Clearly has no axe to grind and had some pretty good insights. Like Neil Henry if he didn't put you to sleep.

Latest posts