What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

sempmrh

Juniors
Or potentially only having the retail jerseys, polos and training gear with sponsors. On-field jerseys either sponsor-less or 1 main.
But the companies paying big money to be sponsors are doing so to have players seen wearing their brand on the field.

I think with the subject of sponsorship and how it affects uniforms we're just going around in circles and always will. Sponsor logos aren't going away. The best we can hope for is that each team has a collection of sponsors that a) are reputable, b) align somehow with the club's brand and culture and c) are willing to meet in the middle regarding to how their branding is displayed on jerseys, etc. There needs to be a happy medium where the sponsor logos are clearly visible without completely dominating the team's identity. If all teams can achieve that, I think we'll be doing well.

forby

Juniors
Watching the community shield in the uk recently, Man City wore a retro kit. Couldn't stop wondering how amazing it would be if jerseys had nothing other than the club logo on them. Boat has sailed long ago, but one can fantasize.

190804174922-city-community-shield-exlarge-169.jpg
Penrith did a few years ago with their Anzac jersey. Looked really special with no sponsors.

forby

Juniors
It was a one off in fairness.

Even if that did happen, sponsors wouldnt go anywhere. It would just mean more exposure. and even more reason to advertise.

What I dont understand is why replica jerseys need logos. If players have to wear them, fans should have a choice when buying not to have sponsors on them.
Go to Best & Less!

T-Boon

Coach
thats a cute top. I still think the women should play in leggings/performance pants. Women in footy shorts in my opinion is about as bad a look as fashion can get.

sempmrh

Juniors
thats a cute top. I still think the women should play in leggings/performance pants. Women in footy shorts in my opinion is about as bad a look as fashion can get.
There’s no reason for NRLW players to wear anything different to NRL players other than the obvious differences in cut and fit.

T-Boon

Coach
There’s no reason for NRLW players to wear anything different to NRL players other than the obvious differences in cut and fit.

I just gave a good reason. Women in footy shorts is bad fashion. Heck, men in footy shorts is bad fashion. They look like Reg Regan which isn’t a good look for women.

T-Boon

Coach
Why does it matter?

Looking good matters, sex sells, does anyone buy an ugly car. They are trying to build the popularity of the sport. More men will watch if they look good and more women will play if they are wearing outfits that they would as a minimum be seen dead in.

unforgiven

Bench
Looking good matters, sex sells, does anyone buy an ugly car. They are trying to build the popularity of the sport. More men will watch if they look good and more women will play if they are wearing outfits that they would as a minimum be seen dead in.
You do realise that is the opposite of what women's sport is about now? My cousin turned down selection in rep teams in touch footballer because she refused to play in lycra. Women's sport is no longer about looking sexy for men!

T-Boon

Coach
You do realise that is the opposite of what women's sport is about now? My cousin turned down selection in rep teams in touch footballer because she refused to play in lycra. Women's sport is no longer about looking sexy for men!

Okay, well, go out looking ugly then and stay a charity case for ever.

unforgiven

Bench
Okay, well, go out looking ugly then and stay a charity case for ever.
So men's Rugby League can rely on skill and toughness but women's Rugby League needs to be sexy?

What about the girls who are not comfortable in tights or leggings, do we ban them from playing?

T-Boon

Coach
So men's Rugby League can rely on skill and toughness but women's Rugby League needs to be sexy?

What about the girls who are not comfortable in tights or leggings, do we ban them from playing?

Mens sports outfits are sexy to women because they are designed for men. Footy shorts are designed by men for men. I have literally never seen a woman wearing footy shorts because they are for men and women look stupid in them but I have seen probably a million women wearing performance pants because they are designed for women by women and they are comfortable in them. (I am not talking about the touch footy short cut ones but the full leggings).
I truely believe a lot more men would watch or more men who watch a bit would watch a bit more. And in addition more women would be prepared to play. Looking like a men in man shorts is probably a barrier to entry for a lot of women.

Rooster8

Juniors
Mens sports outfits are sexy to women because they are designed for men. Footy shorts are designed by men for men. I have literally never seen a woman wearing footy shorts because they are for men and women look stupid in them but I have seen probably a million women wearing performance pants because they are designed for women by women and they are comfortable in them. (I am not talking about the touch footy short cut ones but the full leggings).
I truely believe a lot more men would watch or more men who watch a bit would watch a bit more. And in addition more women would be prepared to play. Looking like a men in man shorts is probably a barrier to entry for a lot of women.
This is what I imagine you look like
30f138c776740a06aebfd3059b9c58bb.jpg

Pommy

Coach

It’s women’s rugby league, all due respect to the women but they’re rugby league players not yoga teachers.
If men don’t find female rugby league players sexy I don’t think them wearing skin tight trousers is going to change anything.

The FIFA word Cup was a pretty epic event for female sport watched by by men and all the women were wearing shorts despite having body types that would have suited leggings.

Latest posts