What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

v The Panther - its official

glenmoresharkie

First Grade
Make that three debutants for Penrith tonight. Stephan Crichton comes in for Dean Whare.

This reeks of the Broncos game....

Quigs

Immortal
I hope I am as happy happy as I was at the 70 minute mark last week.

But, yes I am as worried AF too.

shadowboxer

First Grade
Nervous AF? Yeah nah - it was over weeks ago and that performance well and truly iron fisted it. Not surprised and thought it was more of the same

tye

Juniors
The Panthers junior system is incredible and there recruitment of country kids is first rate.
They have set up development centres at two of Country NSW best RL schools. Red Bend Catholic College, Forbes & St John’s, Dubbo. They appoint a development officer at each location, provide training programs, weights, diet, clinics and prepare kids for junior reps SG Ball etc. The benefits of that program were there to see last night. 3 played 1st grade -Yeo, Martin & Burton and there was another 6 in reserve grade.
Look out for a young fullback by the name of Charlie Staines to be the next in 1st grade.

shaggs

Coach
The Panthers junior system is incredible and there recruitment of country kids is first rate.
They have set up development centres at two of Country NSW best RL schools. Red Bend Catholic College, Forbes & St John’s, Dubbo. They appoint a development officer at each location, provide training programs, weights, diet, clinics and prepare kids for junior reps SG Ball etc. The benefits of that program were there to see last night. 3 played 1st grade -Yeo, Martin & Burton and there was another 6 in reserve grade.
Look out for a young fullback by the name of Charlie Staines to be the next in 1st grade.
Do you think the sharks have the foresight to pick an area, and put this in place?
The development should allow some more money for investment in player growth.
Does the club need a Gus Gould type to come on board as a 6 month consultant to set up a program.?

Who knows country rugby league? Who knows which schools want a program like this?

Why don’t they have an exclusive with Endevauor?

The panthers have had almost zero nrl success in the past 20 years, but have produced a constant stream of youngsters debuting. They all look great initially, but I’m thinking how many have actually gone in to great heights.
How many of there junior stars are rep players at either the panthers or elsewhere.

The panthers have a senior club that can’t utilise their juniors. Maybe the sharks could have a set up that uses the juniors better

Do you think the sharks have the foresight to pick an area, and put this in place?
Does the club need a Gus Gould type to come on board as a 6 month consultant to set up a program.?

Unfortunately they concentrate on the Shire which is pizz weak now & the useless generations of the last 20 years.
Thankfully the Sharks programs & scouting, extends away from the shire where it can pick up hard nuts like Mulitalo, Nikora, Williams, etc at the right time, without the expense of setting up satellites.

tye

Juniors
Unfortunately they concentrate on the Shire which is pizz weak now & the useless generations of the last 20 years.
Thankfully the Sharks programs & scouting, extends away from the shire where it can pick up hard nuts like Mulitalo, Nikora, Williams, etc at the right time, without the expense of setting up satellites.
Very true, it’s a real shame the nrl does not promote and reward junior development. It is something else the game has lost.

Instead of the NRL handling that money, they should pass it on to clubs. Separate from any NRL footy expenses & it is treated with a cap & an audit.
Financial reward for NRL cap, for developing a player for instance.
In otherwords the entire program incentivised to be what the panthers are & then cap relief rewards for development.

Reactions: tye

snout

First Grade

Who knows country rugby league? Who knows which schools want a program like this?

Why don’t they have an exclusive with Endevauor?

The panthers have had almost zero nrl success in the past 20 years, but have produced a constant stream of youngsters debuting. They all look great initially, but I’m thinking how many have actually gone in to great heights.
How many of there junior stars are rep players at either the panthers or elsewhere.

The panthers have a senior club that can’t utilise their juniors. Maybe the sharks could have a set up that uses the juniors better
Was this instigated by hook gtiffin?

I know gus brought him in to oversee and improve junior development and most of the young stars they have now were blooded by him.

At the monent we have a young coach with L plates driving a bus full of know-alls and his offsider is a numbnuts.
Morris is doing a damn good job but man he could use an old brain to bounce off with this group.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Was this instigated by hook gtiffin?

I know gus brought him in to oversee and improve junior development and most of the young stars they have now were blooded by him.

At the monent we have a young coach with L plates driving a bus full of know-alls and his offsider is a numbnuts.
Morris is doing a damn good job but man he could use an old brain to bounce off with this group.

Sorry to but in. This was done by Gus Gould. Griffin was brought in the put the toughness into the kids comming through, (nothing more) All the pathways were done by Gus (those working with him) and the board.