What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd21: Parra v Knights LIVE GAME DAY thread 10/8/19

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Ponga is definitely a star, his defence twice on gutho was brillant, but he played like he was injured or still f**ked from his first full origin series

hindy111

Post Whore
I seriously thought we might lose that game!

I'll call that our best win of season. It was brutal and Knights fired up. Our defense went f**k you and smashed them. We have some nuts now. Eels of past roll over.

We are very powerfull. Lane is one of the best 2nd rowers in game. What a game. Nikuore was brilliant as was Jnr and Manu.
W.Blake has excellent power. Once Fergo is back along with Sivo those 3 will bust teams up.

Any reason Terepo had little minutes?

Alvaro was ok

Tepai had little minutes and drops ball.

With Evans back and Fergo I drop those 2. A bench of

Taka
Terepo
Nikoure
Gower

Adds some real impact and dynamite.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Ponga is definitely a star, his defence twice on gutho was brillant, but he played like he was injured or still f**ked from his first full origin series

He's a gun, but he was lazy, for some reason.

Ponga is a superstar, and way more talented than Gutherson - but Gutherson's fitness, leadership, and involvement put us in a winning position.

Ponga did nothing of note, short of one line break - and that's not a knock on him; I'm just saying that he had little involvement.

Bazal

Post Whore
Good half, yeah another try wouId be nice, but that’s how good sides play. Slowly grinding away, but the key is to do it for 80 mins, points then come in the last 20.

I definitely felt like we wasted a few chances. It's fine to grind, but you also have to be adventurous when it's on

Eelementary

Post Whore
I'll call that our best win of season. It was brutal and Knights fired up. Our defense went f**k you and smashed them. We have some nuts now. Eels of past roll over.

We are very powerfull. Lane is one of the best 2nd rowers in game. What a game. Nikuore was brilliant as was Jnr and Manu.
W.Blake has excellent power. Once Fergo is back along with Sivo those 3 will bust teams up.

Any reason Terepo had little minutes?

Alvaro was ok

Tepai had little minutes and drops ball.

With Evans back and Fergo I drop those 2. A bench of

Taka
Terepo
Nikoure
Gower

Adds some real impact and dynamite.

Waqa Blake is pure class - speed, power, and strong defence. He is a gun, and I am so happy he's an Eel.

I thought Terepo looked a little undercooked, but I would rather him out there, over Moeroa.

Shaun Lane is an absolute weapon - such a great, great player.

And Gutherson doesn't have game-breaking ability of Trbojevic, or Tedesco, but his fitness, leadership, and willingness to get involved are inspirational.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I definitely felt like we wasted a few chances. It's fine to grind, but you also have to be adventurous when it's on

The problem is when we push a bit more with those chances we tend to start making errors, have f**k all ball and fall apart !

hindy111

Post Whore
Alvaro didnt seem to come back on either.

I am glad Taka played well. I've always backed the guy amd defended him amongst everyones favourite scape goat. The guy just gives his all. His take from Klemmers kick was actually very good. That could of been very dangerous.

Latest posts