What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd21: Parra v Knights LIVE GAME DAY thread 10/8/19

Gazzamatta

Coach
Goodness our rotation is average. I just dont get the Tepai situation. Gutho to 9 just has to stop. A tough defensive effort very much helped by some diabolical Knights errors in the last 15.
Knights were tough but the definitely sh*t the bed. We seem to lack speed across the park except for Drown and Moses.
Drowns defence.... SENSATIONAL.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Goodness our rotation is average. I just dont get the Tepai situation. Gutho to 9 just has to stop. A tough defensive effort very much helped by some diabolical Knights errors in the last 15.
Knights were tough but the definitely sh*t the bed. We seem to lack speed across the park except for Drown and Moses.
Drowns defence.... SENSATIONAL.

Why is it average?

Our edges play 80. Brown can play 70-80 mins, Paulo can play 55-60 mins. So there is only a middle spot for 100 or mins between 4 benches. Don’t we want our best players on the field for the majority of the game ? No use making changes for the sake of it.

Delboy

First Grade
They scored both tries while Reed was off, although they came from kicks, the ability to march downfield with what was a hole in the middle of the field was the issue.

Not too smart a tactic, explains why we are chasing an experienced hooker to spell Reed, but would rather they play Salmon to come in and rest Mahoney, that would mean less disruption.

amitropo

Juniors
Moeroa has been gash for some time now, tbh.

Ma'u would have copped a bit for a hot-headed reaction, but after watching the footage, I think he was within his rights to retaliate. Klemmer had no business dropping that cheap shot in.
Maybe he regrets not choosing shot put at the olympics over rugby league

hindy111

Post Whore
They scored both tries while Reed was off, although they came from kicks, the ability to march downfield with what was a hole in the middle of the field was the issue.

Not too smart a tactic, explains why we are chasing an experienced hooker to spell Reed, but would rather they play Salmon to come in and rest Mahoney, that would mean less disruption.

A penalty matched them and by memory an error or another penalty for 2nd try. Or a poor attack set by us.

We have been lucky with little injuries or HIA during games. I like Taka on bench as the utility. Salmons an 80min style player. Only carry a 2nd hooker if they have some spark about them. Otherwise I do not see any purpose.
People who suggest Stone. His passing game was fairly terrible. I reckon Taka could be taught to do an ok job for 15mins a game.
If they want Salmon he should be playing hooker for Wenty for atleast 30mins each week to get used to it.
Unsure why he was training at centre but used as a half. Maybe to develop more skills. Confusing for me.

eel01s

Bench
We have controlled the game really well last week (first half) and again yesterday. Both games we should have won by more. All that ball against the Knights and our attack was average.

Moses, Mahoney and Brown are learning game management, which will hold us in good stead next year.

Hope Jennings is OK, he is a big part of our defense. But both him and Gutho are looking so slow. Is Gutho carrying an injury?

TheParraboy

Staff member
Titans and bulldogs next 2 weeks - bottom 4 sides, though dogs have got some gritty wins last couple of weeks

Before playing desperados Showponys and Manly (Who will be desperate by that time)

If our defence can stay the way it is, even improve a little, have Kane back and drop Tepai, plus Fergo back in a couple of weeks, we are a decent shot winning all those

strider

Post Whore
I actually had the impression Mau was intendind to shake his hand .... though i cant be sure lol .... klemmer was mouthing off like a sooky kid

I was watching the game on my tablet ... when it happened i was f**kin livid - with Mau!! .... i known klemmer chicken winged him then elbowed him, but f**k me that was all kind of setup of a shit penalty to the knights and a length of the field miracle

IFR33K

Coach
We have controlled the game really well last week (first half) and again yesterday. Both games we should have won by more. All that ball against the Knights and our attack was average.

Moses, Mahoney and Brown are learning game management, which will hold us in good stead next year.

Hope Jennings is OK, he is a big part of our defense. But both him and Gutho are looking so slow. Is Gutho carrying an injury?

The way gutho plays, I just think he was gassed. He was everywhere.

IFR33K

Coach
I thought we controlled the game quite well without being great. Our pack handled theirs quite easily, it’s about time our forwards began playing with aggression. Our halves pairing put in some great kicks to keep the pressure on. Moses in particular is learning vital game management. It was only goal kicking that kept the knights in it and flattered the score line. I must admit thou, our 4th tackle settlers are shitting me to tears. NBrown is stifling the attack with his constant hit up around 4th tackle. I initially thought his hit ups up the middle was to get a quick play the ball away for a good kick, but even his play the balls are below par. Surely BA can improvise on this tactic.