What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd21: Parra v Knights LIVE GAME DAY thread 10/8/19

Gazzamatta

Coach
Gutho getting some flak for getting run down by Ponga.
I don’t think he’s carrying an injury, or was too tired or too slow for fullback.
He just isnt as fast as Ponga who is f**king fast.
Didnt Anasta say in commentary that Gutho is one of the fastest in the NRL when marvelling at Pongas tackle?

Bandwagon

Staff member
I don’t think he’s carrying an injury, or was too tired or too slow for fullback.

Gutho's just not a fast guy for an outside back, if he was, along with his endurance and work ethic, he'd be in the same conversation as Teddy and Turbo.

Ponga's obviously quicker, and has a better step, but as they are today, I'd have the King above him for everything else he brings.

amitropo

Juniors
I heard Lachlan Wilmot, AFL guy talk about player performance science while in Chairman’s lounge yesterday.
He went on to comment that, the gps, is not only for distance, but also impact, acceleration etc amongst other indicators depending on player build type, position, fitnesses level etc...
They have to maintain a performance percentage and not go over or under the set parameters to prevent injury and also assist in rehab. Explains why some players don’t hit top speed or seem to fade in games.
I have a voice recording of It about 10-12 mins.
How can I load it up?
Not the clearest though.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Didnt Anasta say in commentary that Gutho is one of the fastest in the NRL when marvelling at Pongas tackle?

You lost me after the first 3 words

He will either repeat what has just been said by someone else if he feels he missed out on making a good point,
or he will talk on the run for the sake of talking, often he talks garbage, because Braith cant think on the run

amitropo

Juniors
I heard Lachlan Wilmot, AFL guy talk about player performance science while in Chairman’s lounge yesterday.
He went on to comment that, the gps, is not only for distance, but also impact, acceleration etc amongst other indicators depending on player build type, position, fitnesses level etc...
They have to maintain a performance percentage and not go over or under the set parameters to prevent injury and also assist in rehab. Explains why some players don’t hit top speed or seem to fade in games.
I have a voice recording of It about 10-12 mins.
How can I load it up?
Not the clearest though.
depends on what format it is in, try uploading it

“The uploaded file does not have an allowed extension”
Have to try convert it. Will give it a go later unless someone knows how I can create a link?

Noise

Coach
Gutho's just not a fast guy for an outside back, if he was, along with his endurance and work ethic, he'd be in the same conversation as Teddy and Turbo.

Ponga's obviously quicker, and has a better step, but as they are today, I'd have the King above him for everything else he brings.
Turbo isn’t that quick. He got ran down by Beau Scott lol

TheParraboy

Staff member
Regarding the ruck

Did anyone else think the refs let boths sides "wrestle" or keep players on the ground a bit longer ?

line speed was quick and aggressive defence from both sides, and lack of actually footy, few tries from kicks, both sides looked clunky in attack

Bazal

Post Whore
Regarding the ruck

Did anyone else think the refs let boths sides "wrestle" or keep players on the ground a bit longer ?

line speed was quick and aggressive defence from both sides, and lack of actually footy, few tries from kicks, both sides looked clunky in attack

Yeah I just watched the sort of 60 minute highlights replay they do and thought the same thing.

I didn't think it was Melbourne level but they definitely let both sides get at each other a lot more. I actually quite liked it though, it added to the energy of the game in defence I thought even if uit did stifle the attack a bit.

I was even more impressed with Niukore the second time round too. He changed the game right when we needed it, and Ma'u played a big role too.

I do think we would be well served with another attacking forward on the bench in place of Moeroa. Starting a guy like Alvaro (given Mannah is out of the picture), Evans and then for mine young Utoikamanu on the bench with Niukore and Terepo/Gower is a much better rotation IMO.

*In before someone calls me an Alvaro lover*